Macedonian Truth Forum

Macedonian Truth Forum (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/index.php)
-   Exposing Lies and Propaganda (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Interview with Nikola Karev 1903 I am Macedonian (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5666)

Daskalot 07-07-2011 05:46 AM

Bill thank you for your input, yes it was all a propaganda war.

Daskalot 07-07-2011 06:01 AM

In what language was this interview conducted? The interview is entered in Greek in Ion's book but was it conducted in Greek as well? Or was it conducted in Turkish or even Macedonian? What are your opinions on this?

Voltron 07-07-2011 06:43 AM

[QUOTE=Daskalot;104529]In what language was this interview conducted? The interview is entered in Greek in Ion's book but was it conducted in Greek as well? Or was it conducted in Turkish or even Macedonian? What are your opinions on this?[/QUOTE]

We can rule out Turkish, I cant see for the life of me why it would be in Turkish.

What I would like to know is who is Tasku Kvata (owner) and what ethnic background he is.

Daskalot 07-07-2011 06:51 AM

[QUOTE=Voltron;104536]We can rule out Turkish, I cant see for the life of me why it would be in Turkish.

What I would like to know is who is Tasku Kvata (owner) and what ethnic background he is.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that Tasku is of Vlach origin. Likewise for the guy from Krushevo.
Why not Turkish? Ion was a diplomat in the Ottoman Empire.

Voltron 07-07-2011 07:00 AM

Would Karev known Turkish ?

Ok here comes my next question. Why would a Vlach call Karev a Bulgarian ?

Daskalot 07-07-2011 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=Voltron;104540]Would Karev known Turkish ?

Ok here comes my next question. Why would a Vlach call Karev a Bulgarian ?[/QUOTE]

He probabely would have.
A Vlach belonging to the Patriarchate would most likely call a Macedonian who belongs to the Exarchate a Bulgarian.
But we have also the reference 'thickheaded' as in simple and uneducated, thus implying a peasant. Two possible explanations, what are yours?

Voltron 07-07-2011 07:17 AM

The term "thickheaded" has often been used to refer to Bulgarians. The Greeks also use that stereotype when they refer to Bulgarians. Regarding your explanation, Are you saying that religous identification was used at the time and not ethnic ?

Daskalot 07-07-2011 07:35 AM

[QUOTE=Voltron;104543]The term "thickheaded" has often been used to refer to Bulgarians. The Greeks also use that stereotype when they refer to Bulgarians. Regarding your explanation, Are you saying that religous identification was used at the time and not ethnic ?[/QUOTE]

Would you care to explaine why Greeks did this? Were all Bulgarians really 'thickheaded', or does this label stem from somewhere else?
And yes a Vlach belonging to the Patriarchate would most likely call him or herself a Greek as a Muslim Macedonian would most likely call him or herself a Turk.

Voltron 07-07-2011 07:39 AM

Its a stereotype, They probably were known for being thickheaded.
Although I will try to dig up info on how that term was born.

If this Vlach did belong to the Patriarch why the heck is his name Tasku ?!
Shouldnt it be a Greek name ? Tassos ? lol.

Daskalot 07-07-2011 07:44 AM

Maybe, our discussion relating to the ethnicity of Tasku is hypothetical. Until we have some evidence, we really do not know, but there are some things pointing in that direction.