Macedonian Truth Forum

Macedonian Truth Forum (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/index.php)
-   News and Politics (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Macedonia & Greece: Name Issue (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1556)

indigen 10-05-2010 05:38 AM

[QUOTE=Soldier of Macedon;73420]
Indigen, Todor Petrov has written many positive things, but he hasn't implemented anything (or most of what) he has written. What is the point of having a World Macedonian Congress when there is a lack of effort to enforce the message and get people together for the purpose of initiating some sort of action?[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to my previous altercation with B. regarding the "Macedonian National Program", it is a bit irrelevant to your question, IMO. The point I was trying to make is that it is a document of the COLLECTIVE efforts of Macedonian patriots from throughout the world and passed at the WMC First General Assembly held in August of 1993 by the DELEGATES. How much of a role T.P. had in drafting it is not clear to me but I know that there were seasoned delegates from Australia present and they had a chance to look over it and propose and vote on amendments. Vele Aleksovski may also have had a major input in the draft version.

As they say, SOM, the pen is mightier than the sword and ideology can travel far and wide. If WMC has not been able to achieve many goals it has/had set for itself, it should not be seen to be only the fault of Todor Petrov but rather to look at the general malaise afflicting the Macedonians and the internal and external forces working to undermine them. There are also many positive things TP and WMC have achieved and his ideological work still reaches far and wide. Just watch and listen to Ismail Bojda in the interview at the recent media conference organised by Slavko Mangovski and you will/should notice that there are many words and ideas that have been emanating from T.P.'s pen/keyboard included in it.

fyrOM 10-09-2010 06:46 PM

[I]Strange mutterings from a strange lot. The government seriously needs to check this guy.[/I]

[B]DUI to contribute to finding name solution to unblock Macedonia's EU-NATO integration, says Ahmeti[/B]

[url]http://www.idividi.com.mk/English/Macedonia/631464/index.html[/url]

Brussels, 7 October 2010 (MIA) - President of the Democratic Union of Integration (DUI), Ali Ahmeti, who is in a three-day visit to Brussels, met Thursday with EU Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fule.

[B]The message from the joint meetings with EU officials, according to him, is that Macedonia doesn't have and shouldn't seek "plan B"[/B]

[I][B]What absolute rubbish. RoM should have a Plan B at all times.[/B] Yes if it needs to run from the eu if conditions are unfavourable but also just as important as a bargaining chip. It would be the height of stupidity to go into a negotiation with ONLY one option ad thus have the terms dictated to you. Someone in the government needs to hit this guy in the head. If he does NOT understand this basic principle he has NO place I government.[/I]

- on the contrary it must focus on implementing reforms and obligations and most importantly it must use the moment to settle the name dispute with Greece thus paving the way for Macedonia's perspective.

"I told all of my interlocutors that we will try and be useful and constructive in finding a solution, which will be acceptable for both sides and a solution which will unblock Macedonia's integration process", Ahmeti stated.

When asked whether discussions took place about a request for NATO membership and EU entry talks without having a name compromise, Ahmeti said that the said option - talks without name settlement or accepting a request for negotiations under the country's reference - had never been discussed by a party organ.

[B][COLOR="Red"]He added that DUI and all political parties of ethnic Albanians in Macedonia championed a name compromise, which would not contain references of ethnic origin.[/COLOR][/B]

[I][B][U]Treason.[/U][/B][/I]

"DUI is fully committed to collaborating with international and local partners in order to move the name process ahead. We are not interested to see Macedonia making moves backwards. We aim at opening perspectives for the citizens", said Ahmeti.

He rejected any possibility of early elections in Macedonia, emphasising that local institutions were stable and functioning well.
"I believe we're in a period where efforts should be made to find a name solution with Greece in order to enable country's integration to NATO and EU, the DUI leader said.

Furthermore, Ahmeti stressed that the economic situation in Macedonia was improving. "There is a positive climate for foreign investments, new jobs are being opened and social issues are being closed", he said.

julie 10-09-2010 07:07 PM

WTF???? not have reference to identity???
This wanker needs a bullet.
just who does he think he is???Talk about identity issues, he doesn't know what he is, he has no right to dictate to Macedonia, for the Albanians!!
If they are not interested in seeing Macedonia move backwards, butt out anad shbove your nose in your own effed up countries affairs, leave Macedonia alone, my suggestion is, for the love of God, let us keep our name! Going backwards is entering the EU and NATO
The government has to do something, walk away and STOP NEGOTIATIONS, and VETO all negotiation meetings.

I am not up for sale, nor is my Macedonian name. get stuffed .

Prolet 10-16-2010 10:20 AM

Greeks disappointed with Syria over name recognition

Drutsas will boycott Syria when he tours the middle east next month, Greece is hoping that Damascus will reverse its decision.

[url]http://sitel.com.mk/video/makedonija/grcija-ne-moze-da-i-prosti-na-sirija[/url]

fyrOM 10-16-2010 02:16 PM

Lets hope the Greeks get disappointed with a lot more countries.

DirtyCodingHabitz 10-16-2010 10:51 PM

[QUOTE]Greece is hoping that Damascus will reverse its decision.[/QUOTE]

Yea like that will ever happen.

Soldier of Macedon 10-17-2010 05:39 PM

We'll see, but I don't think Syria could care less about what Greece says. To date, how many states have actually 'reversed' their decision to recognise Macedonia by its official name?

George S. 10-17-2010 05:53 PM

The greeks have to throw in the proverbial towel eventually because it can't keep up their silly charade against macedonia.When most of the world has recognized Macedonia under its constitutional name.Syria once they decide wil keep that reference as it's not a tin pot country.

Venom 10-17-2010 07:14 PM

Why does greece think it is a player of any kind on the world stage? Shouldn't greece be working on not allowing it's citizens to starve?

Syria did what is right, and Macedonia is very thankful for it.

DirtyCodingHabitz 10-17-2010 09:03 PM

[QUOTE]how many states have actually 'reversed' their decision to recognise Macedonia by its official name?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. But once a country is recognized I don't think they are going to reverse it just because greece has a problem.