X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Macedonian Rally in Canberra

I'm not sure if this has been picked up here, but someone is organising a rally at the Macedonian Embassy in Canberra to protest the Government's plan to capitulate. Not sure who the organisers are.

Event in Canberra, ACT, Australia by Australian Macedonian Council of New South Wales Inc. on Sunday, February 18 2018 with 498 people interested and 311 people going.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been picked up here, but someone is organising a rally at the Macedonian Embassy in Canberra to protest the Government's plan to capitulate. Not sure who the organisers are.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1851090251590028/
    Being organised by the #WeAreMacedonia movement.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
      Not that it really matters in this context, but who are they?
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Solun
        • Sep 2012

The SDS 'identity changers' are yet to arrive at the Canberra embassy. It means that those inside the embassy will likely agree with the view of those protesting.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Not that it really matters in this context, but who are they?
          An internatonal umbrella term for multiple different Macedonian organisations. So essentially the rally is being organised by a confederation of various Macedonian groups in Australia.
          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
            Maybe the Greeks will join in under the #MeToo movement.

I would have much preferred if Macedonians from RoMacedonia were protesting outside of the Greek embassy in Macedonia:

Borka Taleski 6, Skopje 1000, Macedonia (FYROM)
            Phone: +389 2 321 9260

That would make a whole lot more sense.

But we are talking about a bunch of stupid nongo's who prefer nongotiations over Nongotiadonia.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelagonija
              • Mar 2017

Great idea theoretically, but according to Gornamakedonijians we aren't Gornamakedonijians and we have it easy in the west hence we are irrelevant and it's not our place to judge in the grand scheme of things.

We are talking about a people who the majority hate themselves.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Solun View Post
                The SDS 'identity changers' are yet to arrive at the Canberra embassy. It means that those inside the embassy will likely agree with the view of those protesting.
                Maybe we can storm the embassy once the sds identity changers move in

Comment

• Solun
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
                  Maybe we can storm the embassy once the sds identity changers move in
                  Unfortunately the identity may already be changed by the time they move in to Canberra (I think April/May)

Comment

• Karposh
                    • Aug 2015

I just found out I'm going to it too. It's on this Sunday and for anyone from the Sydney / St.George area, there are chartered buses leaving from Sv. Petka in Rockdale on Sunday morning. I haven't checked out the Facebook page that Vangelovski linked but if the details aren't on there, I'll post further information in the coming days.

Comment

• VMRO
                      • Sep 2008

I think the WMC-A NSW branch along with other orgs are jointly organising this protest in Canberra, there will also be one on the 4th together with Melbourne and Perth.
                      Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                        I think the WMC-A NSW branch along with other orgs are jointly organising this protest in Canberra, there will also be one on the 4th together with Melbourne and Perth.

WMC-A is involved with them yes. March 4 will see rallies in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth.

Comment

• Karposh
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                          I just found out I'm going to it too. It's on this Sunday and for anyone from the Sydney / St.George area, there are chartered buses leaving from Sv. Petka in Rockdale on Sunday morning. I haven't checked out the Facebook page that Vangelovski linked but if the details aren't on there, I'll post further information in the coming days.
                          Hello my fellow Goranci! Buses are also leaving from the Rockdale Ilinden Sports Centre on West Botany Street among other places. It is preferable to pre-book your bus seat through any one of the Macedonian organisations around (my seat was booked for me by others). However, If you still want to come along and have forgotten to confirm a spot on a bus, additional buses will be on stand by. Departure times are between 6:30 am to 7:00 am. On a side note, Canberra will be quite hot on Sunday so a sensible sun hat wouldn't go astray.

Comment

• Solun
                            • Sep 2012

Did Vele express he agreed with those demonstrating?

Comment

• Apr 2014

Just over 5,000 Macedonians from all across Australia attended the protest in Canberra yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X