• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarafot
    • Dec 2008

Gods Names used by the Ancient Macedonians

Αρωτος Ηρακλης παρα Μακεδονιας

From Mithology is known that Herakles was the elder son of Zeus.
    In Macedonian stAROTO means the Old One. the word is found in XIX Century Dialects as
    stAROTO meaning the Old One.

Αδωναιος Ποσειδον Μακεδονες

Dna > bottoms, Dno>bottom Adnoa >on the Bottom, someone who lives on the bottom
    Donau Thracian - Dacian Toponym

Βικας Σφιγγας Μακεδονες

Mithological creature that has head as human and body as lion.
    It ask's questions, puzzels.

Cause the reading of the letter Β is not clear if it was V or B,the word could as well been read VIKAS.

one way to formulate Question in Macedonian language is:
    SHO VIKASH? which means what do you say.
    If someone puts your statement in question, or he is amased about it he will ask VIKASH.
    It could be possible that this was simmilar way in Ancient Macedonia, thus the Creature that was asking so many Questions was named VIKAS.

Ζειρην η Αφροδιτη εν Μακεδονια

Sirena is similar to mermaid, born in the water.
    After the Mythology, Afrodite was born out of the sea foam or
    or something like this. eZERO> sea while eZERIN >the One who Belongs to or comes from the Sea. There is a name in Macedonian and wider, IRENA or ιn Russia IRINA

Θαυμος η θαυλος Αρης Μακεδονιος

Tamane is dialektikal synonim for Killing in large scale
    Tamane has its ethymology in TA=DA=TO MANE=SWING, SLAY present in Serb-Croatian too.
    Davlo would mean someone who strangles from the verb DAVE
    Consider Phrygian κυν δαυλος > dog strangler/choker

Λειβηνος ό Διόνυσος
    Lei = to pour to put in to the glass, NALEI = POUR Vino = wine.

Dinisos was the God of wine among all, and Ancient Makedonias drunk wine as crazy.

First, ακρεα παις θηλεια was the word for little girl or daughter in Ancient Macedonian.

In Dialectical Macedonian kera = daughter
    Literate Macedonian kerka = daughter.

second:

Ακρεα was the name of Αθηνα=Athena sometimes for Αφροδιτη= Afrodita.

Tolaev who was writting the Theory that the Pelasgi are proto Slavs, states that the Word ATHENA is from the Slavic root ATA= Father,
    since after the Mythology Athena is born out of the Head of Zeus.

Athena -> Akrea -> Daughter of Zeus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems that the Ancient Macedonians had their own names for the Ancient Mediteranian Gods, who after Herodotus were initially Pelasgian Gods.

Just remember the Romans, Zeus = Jupiter, Ares = Mars etc.
    ATINA->TATINA,Slovenian ata is father
    Attached Files
    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
    - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902
  • Sarafot
    • Dec 2008

Originaly posted here:http://republic-of-macedonia.jimdo.com/
    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

This information you provide was first produced by one A. Donski. I think it appears in an early work titled "Similarities between the ancient Macedonians and modern Macedonians"

The reference to "Herakles" is interesting, because the name "Aroto" appears as an epitaph to a shrine somewhere in the balkans dedicted to Herakles.

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
        Alexandar Donski did only mentioned the existance of such names.

How ever, the new strategy of the Greeks is to say that those names are only Epithets of the Greek Gods names, which can't be true, cause
        Hesychius Lexicon clearly states that they are names of the gods.

It is my compilation I first posted long time ago on maknews, and this web site copied the post from my blog, as it did with many other posts
        Last edited by makedonin; 12-24-2008, 07:49 AM.
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Sarafot
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
          Alexandar Donski did only mentioned the existance of such names.

How ever, the new strategy of the Greeks is to say that those names are only Epithets of the Greek Gods names, which can't be true, cause
          Hesychius Lexicon clearly states that they are names of the gods.

It is my compilation I first posted long time ago on maknews, and this web site copied the post from my blog, as it did with many other posts
          Bravo to you then,sekoja čest.
          Prodolži i taka natamu.Pozdrav

Comment

• Demos
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

Sarafot,

Are you able to read and comprehend ancient Greek?

Comment

• Sarafot
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
              Sarafot,

Are you able to read and comprehend ancient Greek?
              No i cant!But Makedonin can!!

Comment

• Demos
                Banned
                • Dec 2008

Because everything you wrote regarding the names of the Gods is in ancient Greek and I can tell you that these are not full names, but instead you have an adjective followed by the name of the God (Athena, Poseidon etc) and a place name (Macedonia).

Whoever is taking the ancient Greek and trying to convert it doesn't make any sense from a linguistic point of view.

For example, you said (I added the hyphens)

Άρωτος Ηρακλής παρά Μακεδονίας

The word Άρωτος does not mean old one or has anything to do with old.
                Last edited by Demos; 12-28-2008, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Sarafot
                  • Dec 2008

Man i think you are on wrong place!

Comment

• Demos
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
                    Man i think you are on wrong place!
                    In modern Polish the word "Stare" means old man and "Stara" means old woman which is probably related to the word you are referring to "Starotos", but Άρωτος does not mean old.

Comment

• Delodephius
                      • Sep 2008

First of all, "starot" is formed from the root *star and the male article -ot. In old Macedonian (9-11th century) it would be "тъ старъ" and would have the meaning "that old (one male)". It was much later (perhaps around the 14-15th century) that the pronoun тъ was in the beginning of being used as an article and added to the end of words as found in modern Macedonian and Bulgarian as -от and -ът respectively.
                      Last edited by Delodephius; 12-28-2008, 04:51 PM.
                      अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                      उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                      This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                      But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Demos
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
                        First of all, "starot" is formed from the root *star and the male article -ot. In old Macedonian (9-11th century) it would be "тъ старъ" and would have the meaning "that old (one male)". It was much later (perhaps around the 14-15th century) that the pronoun тъ was in the beginning of being used as an article and added to the end of words as found in modern Macedonian and Bulgarian.
                        Tomas,

I agree with your analysis. Star is the root generally in Slavic languages to mean "old". However, the connection that the other member of the forum was trying to make between the words Άρωτος and "Starotos" is not correct. The same applies for the other examples he gives.

He's taking ancient Greek adjectives and trying to morph them phonetically in a Slavic language idiom context.

Comment

• Sarafot
                          • Dec 2008

Slovak how about this,false too?

Comment

• Delodephius
                            • Sep 2008

Vasil Ilyov is an idiot.
                            अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                            उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                            This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                            But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Sarafot
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
                              Vasil Ilyov is an idiot.
                              Why?Becouse he thinks otherway?

Comment

Working...
                              X