• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

NASA to name one of Titan Lakes - Ohrid Lake

Ohrid is starting to become very popular now

Thursday, 21 October 2010

Titan is the largest moon of Saturn, the only natural satellite known to have a dense atmosphere, and the only object other than Earth for which clear evidence of stable bodies of surface liquid has been found.

A panel of NASA experts who is working on naming the water bodies on Titan has decided to give a 17.3miles long lake the name "Ohrid Lake".

The Planetarium of the Macedonian Cultural Center was the organization who submitted Ohrid lake to NASA. The lake is already mapped on the NASA maps of Titan.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

This is unacceptable.
    The name is significant to the heritage of all Macedonians and cannot be treated so flippantly. I propose a composite name for the lake such as "Intergalactic Ohrid lake" so that there is no confusion with our lake. I call upon the Macedonian government to spend untold millions of dollars in fighting this injustice.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Frank
      Banned
      • Mar 2010

This is Great

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Ahh…but are they going to use Greek letters.

Nah..it’s because of the church fresco depicting little men in flying ships at the crucifix of Christ one of which clearly has what looks like the sun symbol on it.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

i agree with RTG that they should use a composite name to distinguish from the real one.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
          X