X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Bre
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mbourdes View Post
    Well, from the observations that have been witnessed by the United Nations Representative, the silence was deafening.
    And how would you know that? the report isn't due out till March of next year. Maybe it was from the same source that told you the RoM was going to invade Greece. LOL

Comment

• mbourdes
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

In fact, my sources reveal that there were so many ethnic Macedonians that the representative saw, that she could not believe her eyes.

Comment

• El Bre
        • Sep 2008

In fact, my sources reveal that there were so many ethnic Macedonians that the representative saw, that she could not believe her eyes.
        Can your sources give me the numbers for next week's lotto draw?

Comment

• mbourdes
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

No, but they can give you last weeks.

Comment

• El Bre
            • Sep 2008

No, but they can give you last weeks.
            Exactly. If they can't give me next weeks numbers, then how can they predict what will be in a report that hasn't been written?

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
              Its more than just a name issue on both sides, imho.
              I think this minority can/will have a big impact on which "side" the world takes.

For instance, If this minority stands up, and makes themselves heard, Greece will have a very hard time countering their voice, as their is a UN representative(s) in the equation now. The report they eventually hand to the UN could "make or break" either sides aspirations.

However , if this minority stays silent, as it has been , for all intents in purposes,this "silence" has the potential to discredit the Macedonian government in the eyes of the world. I mean, If the minority is not seen by the representetives, after all these claims by Gruevski and his government, the world may not believe any further claims they make.

Its a dangerous "roll of the dice" that both sides have thrown. One says they are there, the other says they're not. This is a great deal of power to put in the hands of this minority. Their voice, or silence will impact this issue in a big way. We'll see what happens....
              A little gloomy Spartan! I would love to think one UN mission will solve all of this, but I am sure much more work needs to be done. For example, the thousands of land claims will also make an impact that has never been felt before in Greece.

Here is my take ... the world is not ready to accept ancient Macedonians as modern Macedonians. I am not perturbed by this as I am not ready to accept any ancient race as a modern race. Whatever happens with the minority in Greece has no relevance to Macedonians in Macedonia.

Having said that, if 1 person stood up and openly declared their Macedonism in Greece, then that is enough given the regime in Greece. I am sorry to tell you, this is not a normal country. Albanians have become more Greek than Greeks, Turks, Macedonians, Vlachs etc. the same... these people have family histories in another language and yet they claim purity. They would love to hear that their grandparent learned these other languages whilst abroad but really spoke pure Greek for centuries prior to the blip in their personal history. It is my belief that the Macedonian identity in time will become Greece's cross to bear. Nature's way of reminding them that you cannot swallow ethnicities up and negate them without consequence.

I will not attempt to predict the future, but unless more Northern Greeks have the confidence in their identity that you (refreshingly) have, then Greece is in more trouble than it may care to admit.

cheers
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
                • Sep 2008

Source= Theos Spiros the donkey farmer

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                  LOL, self-aggrandize much?
                  Always thinking they're the centre of attention ! The problem with some Greeks is they think Greece is the "light on the hill" in that part of the world. I think some pathetic cultural sympathizers in Europe have been blowing hot wind up the arze of the Greek State for a few hundred years now, and they really believe it.

Comment

• mbourdes
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2008

Jealousy is a curse gentlemen.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Indeed it is. Stop trying to steal our Macedonian name and accept that fact that you will only ever be a Greek.

Macedonia and all its derivative terminology rightfully belongs to the Macedonian nation. Ok, mr Greek regional "Macedonian"?

Do you recognize my people by their self-determined name mr bourdes?

Or do I have to request your presence in the famous thread of the general discussions section which all of your type are supposed to visit prior to unleashing the typical filth that is beginning to seep out from you?
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Jealousy is a curse gentlemen.

Define jealousy?

I think a century of exterminating any presence of the Macedonians in your most northern province, is a perfect display of new Greek jealousy in action.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Macedonians welcome UN review of Greece's Human Rights record

MHRMI and AMHRC welcome the upcoming United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (UN CERD) review on Greece's compliance (or non-compliance) with the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD). This will occur from August 10-11, 2009 in Geneva, Switzerland.

Greek Helsinki Monitor (GHM) and Minority Rights Group - Greece (MRG-G) will be presenting detailed reports on human rights abuses against Macedonians and other minorities in Greece. They have already submitted a joint report available at the Committee's Website.

As is the practice, they will also be presenting updated information including the acquittal of neo-Nazi author Costas Plevris and the failure to punish racist speech and attacks against Macedonians and other minorities, non-recognition and restrictions in the use of the Macedonian language, the illegal media ban and voting irregularities during Vinozhito's election campaign, and the ongoing blacklisting of Macedonian political refugees and human rights activists.

MHRMI and AMHRC call on Macedonians abroad to report to our organizations discrimination by border officials when trying to enter Greece, so that this information can be presented at the UN CERD review.

"This is a tremendous opportunity to demonstrate to the United Nations the hostile environment that Macedonians, Turkish and Roma minorities, as well as minority rights activists, face in Greece," said GHM Spokesperson Panayote Dimitras.

"Considering UN Independent Expert on Minority Issues, Gay McDougall's call for Greece to finally recognize its Macedonian and Turkish minorities, and respect Roma rights, we hope and expect that the UN CERD will follow suit. We are also very pleased that the Committee has decided to take up the issue of absence of effective prosecution of hate speech against minorities and migrants and the existence of outright neo-Nazi groups, in blatant violation of ICERD."
                          And will the UN enforce anything, will they take their own advice and do the right thing by Human Rights for the Macedonians?
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

The UN needs to come back to reality and enforce this on Greece. This is an artificial dispute created by Greek politicians and racists, they had no problem recognising the Macedonian language within the UN a few decades ago:

This is a OFFICIAL UN document with the title; Third United Nations Conference on the Standardization of Geographical Names, Athens 17 August-7 September 1977. Title page. Page i. Page 28. Page 29. Page 31. Source: Vol. I. Report of the Conference, Athens, 17 August - 7 September 1977, United

Comment

• King Makedon
                              • Apr 2009

Greece is a pseudo democratic country within EU & NATO.
                              RoM has in its 18 years of independence experienced more democracy than greece in its history[that means after gaining independence in 1820's].
                              Just remember greece's primeministers. Everyone of them is of greek dynasty of oligarchs.
                              Karamanlis, Onasis (Bakoyani), Papandreu etc..... their fathers reigned once, now their kids reign with greece. Where is the democracy? Or is it just oligarchy in a democratic coat?
                              After civil war and fascistic rulership in greece, the kids of the former greek PM's just continue with the policy of their fathers.

Greeks usually call us macedonians commies (communists) without the exact knowing meaning of it.
                              communistic leadership granted to minorities more rights and freedom than greeks ever had.
                              Last edited by King Makedon; 07-28-2009, 10:26 PM.
                              ]
                              The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
                              [/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X