Alo from the US

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JPMKD
    Member
    • Mar 2016
    • 101

    Alo from the US

    Hello,

    I am a long time lurker and finally decided to join. I have been reading this for years. I am a proud Macedonian from the Boston area. I already knew a lot bit have learned a good deal here as well. I think I even emailed Risto once or twice years ago.
    Anyway I am here to try and contribute a bit. I am also here for 3 specific items/advice:

    1. Hey,wherecan I find Macedonians in the Boston Area(Even Southern, NH)?

    2. I am getting my Macedonian Sun tattoo finally and was looking at the thread here for advice. I am doing it in black ink. I am thinking of adding some shading to it as the place does really well with shading black. If I have him add some yellow to the shading am I going to be inadvertently saying something with the black and yellow mix on the Sun?

    3. I have some old, old Macedonian vinyl records. Some are likely from the 50's and earlier. Certainly 60's. Is there a market for these? If so how do I not get ripped off selling them?

    Thanks all!

    I will try to contribute in order to make up for the advice.
    Not a Northadonian
  • Philosopher
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 1003

    #2
    Originally posted by JPMKD View Post
    Hello,

    I am a long time lurker and finally decided to join. I have been reading this for years. I am a proud Macedonian from the Boston area. I already knew a lot bit have learned a good deal here as well. I think I even emailed Risto once or twice years ago.
    Anyway I am here to try and contribute a bit. I am also here for 3 specific items/advice:

    1. Hey,wherecan I find Macedonians in the Boston Area(Even Southern, NH)?
    Why not look for a Macedonian church in the area or Macedonian organizations; network on the web.

    Oh, and welcome!

    Comment

    • vicsinad
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 2337

      #3
      Philosopher:

      Because the nearest church to Boston is probably a 3 1/2 hour drive. And the nearest organization is the Pan-Macedonians...and we don't want to be going there

      JPMKD:

      I'm in Vermont and occasionally head down to Boston. PM sometime if you ever want to connect. (I was in Concord, NH for a bit, but now I'm near Burlington, VT).

      Comment

      • JPMKD
        Member
        • Mar 2016
        • 101

        #4
        Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
        Philosopher:

        Because the nearest church to Boston is probably a 3 1/2 hour drive. And the nearest organization is the Pan-Macedonians...and we don't want to be going there

        JPMKD:

        I'm in Vermont and occasionally head down to Boston. PM sometime if you ever want to connect. (I was in Concord, NH for a bit, but now I'm near Burlington, VT).
        Ha! Exactly what I was thinking. The PanMaks are here. I am limited to Greek churches although there the Serbs St. Sava in Cambridge.

        vicsinad I am just south of Lowell. Let me know when you get down this way. Not a lot of us out here. I am originally from Michigan where there are, a few of us.....

        Any help on the tattoo question or the records would be great if anyone knows about that as well.
        Not a Northadonian

        Comment

        • vicsinad
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 2337

          #5
          Originally posted by JPMKD View Post
          Ha! Exactly what I was thinking. The PanMaks are here. I am limited to Greek churches although there the Serbs St. Sava in Cambridge.

          vicsinad I am just south of Lowell. Let me know when you get down this way. Not a lot of us out here. I am originally from Michigan where there are, a few of us.....

          Any help on the tattoo question or the records would be great if anyone knows about that as well.
          Nice! I'm originally from Michigan, too. I'll PM you...maybe we know some same people. And I'll definitely let you know when I'm down that way.

          Comment

          • Vangelovski
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2008
            • 8532

            #6
            Originally posted by JPMKD View Post
            2. I am getting my Macedonian Sun tattoo finally and was looking at the thread here for advice. I am doing it in black ink. I am thinking of adding some shading to it as the place does really well with shading black. If I have him add some yellow to the shading am I going to be inadvertently saying something with the black and yellow mix on the Sun?
            I think black and yellow are fine. Just be careful from an aesthetic point of view - there's yellow and there's yellow.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

            The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

            Comment

            • JPMKD
              Member
              • Mar 2016
              • 101

              #7
              Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
              I think black and yellow are fine. Just be careful from an aesthetic point of view - there's yellow and there's yellow.
              Thanks for the advice. One of their specialties is shading black tattoos to make them appear 3-D. I have something by them I am happy with as well. I am thinking parts of the rays fade to a non bright yellow.


              Question now is east to west or north to south fade????
              Not a Northadonian

              Comment

              • JPMKD
                Member
                • Mar 2016
                • 101

                #8
                Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                Nice! I'm originally from Michigan, too. I'll PM you...maybe we know some same people. And I'll definitely let you know when I'm down that way.
                Cool. I will try to PM you. Warning I am a bit of an old fart....

                Michigan you say....Detroit?
                Not a Northadonian

                Comment

                • Phoenix
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 4671

                  #9
                  Originally posted by JPMKD View Post
                  Cool. I will try to PM you. Warning I am a bit of an old fart...
                  Speaking as a definite old fart...there's two things in life, that I truly don't get...

                  1. Tattoos
                  2. Facebook

                  Any combination of the two is the work of the devil...lol

                  Welcome to the forum JPMKD.

                  Comment

                  • JPMKD
                    Member
                    • Mar 2016
                    • 101

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    Speaking as a definite old fart...there's two things in life, that I truly don't get...

                    1. Tattoos
                    2. Facebook

                    Any combination of the two is the work of the devil...lol

                    Welcome to the forum JPMKD.
                    Thanks Phoenix.
                    I don't have many tattoos. I am almost on Facebook.
                    I promise not to post pictures of tattoos once I am.
                    Not a Northadonian

                    Comment

                    • King Niko
                      Junior Member
                      • Sep 2015
                      • 81

                      #11
                      Awesome! Welcome friend! Glad to have you on board!!

                      Comment

                      • JPMKD
                        Member
                        • Mar 2016
                        • 101

                        #12
                        Thanks Niko.
                        I saw in another thread that you were 17 and looking to go to college. Great plan! Stick to it.
                        Do people in your age range (16-23) listen to live music anymore? Is there any market for hard rock bands in your crowd or in Tampa?
                        Not a Northadonian

                        Comment

                        • King Niko
                          Junior Member
                          • Sep 2015
                          • 81

                          #13
                          Originally posted by JPMKD View Post
                          Thanks Niko.
                          I saw in another thread that you were 17 and looking to go to college. Great plan! Stick to it.
                          Do people in your age range (16-23) listen to live music anymore? Is there any market for hard rock bands in your crowd or in Tampa?
                          Yes I am! I will

                          There is but not for hard rock, most music around my area is typically rap!

                          Tampa is very diverse, I could not tell you specifics my friend.

                          Comment

                          • Soldier of Macedon
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 13675

                            #14
                            Originally posted by JPMKD View Post
                            I am a long time lurker and finally decided to join. I have been reading this for years.
                            A little late from me, but welcome JPMKD.
                            I am getting my Macedonian Sun tattoo finally and was looking at the thread here for advice. I am doing it in black ink. I am thinking of adding some shading to it as the place does really well with shading black. If I have him add some yellow to the shading am I going to be inadvertently saying something with the black and yellow mix on the Sun?
                            You won't be saying anything inadvertently with the black and yellow mix. And don't listen to Phoenix, despite what he wrote, he has a clandestine and vicarious appreciation of tattoos whilst watching episodes of SOA
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

                            Comment

                            • Phoenix
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 4671

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              A little late from me, but welcome JPMKD.

                              You won't be saying anything inadvertently with the black and yellow mix. And don't listen to Phoenix, despite what he wrote, he has a clandestine and vicarious appreciation of tattoos whilst watching episodes of SOA
                              ...have a listen to you illustrated fellas ganging up on me...lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X