Should Macedonia continue to pursue EU and NATO membership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chentovist
    Banned
    • Feb 2012

Should Macedonia continue to pursue EU and NATO membership?

After Macedonia's continued rejection by both the EU and NATO over it's name and identity, should it continue to pursue membership in these organisations?
    No
    0%
    Yes
    0%
    Other, please specify
    0%
  • chentovist
    Banned
    • Feb 2012

I believe Macedonia should seek other alternatives to NATO and the EU, as long as these organisations continue to insist on us changing our name.

Comment

• damian
      Banned
      • Jun 2012

ROM does not have to become a full member.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by damian View Post
        ROM does not have to become a full member.
        good point .. ever, tried to join the boy scouts as a partial member? hahaha

NO TREE FOR YOU
        http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• damian
          Banned
          • Jun 2012

No they can have agreements with NATO-EU without being full members. Full membership usually is because one power group wants to dominate the country and live off privelages.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by damian View Post
            No they can have agreements with NATO-EU without being full members. Full membership usually is because one power group wants to dominate the country and live off privelages.
            macedonia, has all the benefits today without the costs of full membership - no guarantee's when you join

Comment

• Razer
              Banned
              • May 2012

I see more pros than cons for Macedonia. EU membership can be something very positive if you have good political structure in the country with as little corruption as possible. I personalty hope that Macedonia does joins the EU. And this needs to happen before Serbia, Kosovo or Albania do it.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

I voted no. It has been proven time and time again that these organisations provide a false sense of security and solidarity. We don't need to join bullshit organisations at the expense of our name and identity.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

NO, is the common response so if you vote YES have the guts to put forth your reason(s) .. silence is not an option here.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Razer View Post
                    I see more pros than cons
                    go for it i have all day ..

Razoroff, the girls over at malakasontheweb LOVE you .. ISE just as full of shit as they are regarding MACEDONIA THE COUNTRY (FOREVER)
                    Μπορείτε, μου φαίνεται πολύ απλός άνθρωπος, έτσι γράφω στη μητρική σας γλώσσα .. Νέας Αθηναϊκής

BTW, can you contact the UMD and ask if they care to "voice" a position or just stand pat? Status quo continues ..
                    Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 07-03-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Good question.
                      I chose "other". Macedonia should pursue the EU membership because it has had to overhaul its systems to bring it into the 21st century. It should not become a member for many other reasons. But the pursuit has and will continue to be worthwhile.

NATO membership on the other hand has been demeaning to Macedonia and the time has come to say goodbye if you ask me.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

i can see where people are coming from.But there is a huge difference WE are treated like shit.Nato should give us the red carpet treatment but it doesn't.The eu should love us to death but it does the oopposite.They both have become irrelevant as we have spotted the emperor with no clothes.In other words we don't need these organizations.They have made themselves obsolete in the sheme of things.Fancy demanding that we change our name just to please our neighbour.Why don't they tell our neighbour the bully to pull their head in.
                        I voted no as I'm a firm beleiver that don't sit around to be shitted on.
                        Why negotiate your identity just to get in these two organizations.?There is a saying that you make your way into the world on your own two feet,despite all the contrary things we have said about macedonia it appears to be doing just that.
                        Also we should for once stand up to nato & the eu & tell them to stick their memberships where the sun don't shine because that's all they are worth.People of the world would expect a little country like macedonia to tell the big ones to fuck off once in a while.
                        Last edited by George S.; 07-03-2012, 04:04 PM. Reason: ed
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

I just finished watching the sbs macedonian news.I couldn't help overhearing the announcement that gruevski & co have voted to continue with the name negotiations.Why what do they hope to achieve?Equally i heard the so called spokesman for the hellenic republic say greece has allready given a huge compromise to macedonia allowing macedonia to be called something else with a prefix.It harps what a good neighbour greece has been to allow such a compromise considering that macedona was greek.Why have name negotiations at all they are just waiting for macedonia to change their name.
                          Last edited by George S.; 07-03-2012, 06:01 PM. Reason: edit
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                            • Aug 2010

Blackmail never ends!

Comment

Working...
                            X