X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Jim Mitcho Milanko - Bog da go prosti

Jim Mitcho Milanko OAM born in selo Dolno Kotori, Macedonia.
    Passed away today at 64 years of age.
    He was an icon of the South Australian Macedonian community having represented the local Macedonians as Community President, life member and on wider levels as President of the 5EBI Ethnic Radio Station where the interests of the Macedonians were always first and foremost, Co-founder of the Australian Association of Macedonian Communities and Vice President of the Independent National Macedonian Orthodox Church of Australia.

Having represented the interests of Macedonians in numerous capacities, his memorable meeting with the Australian Prime Minister Keating and numerous Ministers of Australia and the Republic of Macedonia were of little significance in comparison to his dogged pride in his Macedonian identity and family.

He was known by all patriots in Australia and in Macedonia. And will be remembered as a fierce uncompromising opponent to anything that weakened the Macedonian cause and identity. His powerful physical and charismatic presence was only surpassed by his love for his family, for Macedonia and Australia. His legacy lives on in a fierce determined fashion by his two sons and three grandsons.

The church service will be held at St Naum of Ohrid, Macedonian Orthodox Church in Adelaide Australia on Tuesday 14th April at 10am.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • MapleLeaf1
    • Sep 2008

Bog da go prosti

Comment

• makedonin
      • Sep 2008

Bog da go prosti, leka mu zenja
      To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Mr. MASO
        • Jan 2009

Bog da go prosti. Good man

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

May this great man, this great Macedonian, rest in peace, and may god look out for his great family in this time of sorrow.

Bog da go prosti, i lesna da mu e zemyata.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Bog da go prosti, eden golem Makedonski junak!
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Bog da go prosti. May his memory live on forever.
              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Sarafot
                • Dec 2008

Bog da go prosti
                Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Mikail
                  • Sep 2008

Bog da go prosti Risto.
                  From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• osiris
                    • Sep 2008

this great man can rest peacefully because he has contributed tirelessly genrously and contructively to the macedonian cause and he leavews behind a fantastic legacy in his community and also his family. i met him breifly lats year and can say his smile and vitality was a joy to behold, he was a great patriot there are not many like him he will be missed by his family and by our community.

he is micho the great

Comment

• Venom
                      • Sep 2008

Rest in peace.
                      S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Hi All.
                        Thanks very much for your thoughts.
                        We sent my Father off very well. With the pride, dignity and honour befitting a man whose commitment to the Macedonian cause is without question. Priests from all over Australia came to perform the ceremony. They were not invited but were certainly most welcome.

At this point, I have decided to lift the shroud of anonymity from my online identity. If I am to continue to fight for my people's rights, I would like to be remembered for it ... just as my Father was. Just as we all should remember and honour our fellow committed Macedonian patriots.

Here is my eulogy for this great man:

YouTube - Eulogy for Jim Mitcho Milanko delivered 14th February 2009

Chris Milanko
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                          • Jan 2009

That was a fine euology Chris. I'm sure your father is proud of his family and especially you.
                          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

God Bless Him, and keep him. RTG, I'm deeply sorry for your loss. He was a name I had heard spoken off, on several occasions as far as Queanbeyn, N.S.W. The community is going to miss him greatly. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family during this time.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

I simply cannot believe it has been a year now. It was a pretty tough day on the anniversary of my Father's passing. It was great hearing some stories about my Father at the AMHRC Ball. I am glad he left a mark on this world as a proud and capable Macedonian activist. May we all maintain the rage.

Bog da go prosti.

Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                              X