Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Old 06-15-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome is on a distinguished road
Default Book 1539 Macedonian. Introductio In Chaldaicam Lingua, Syriac, atque Armenica.

Introductio In Chaldaicam Lingua, Syriac, atque Armenica
by Teseo Ambrogio Albonesi

Publication date 1539.

Book written in Latin about the Syriac and Armenian language.
It is written by an Italian scholar.

Syriac and Armenian is put in context with other languages and alphabets.

Languages mentioned are amongst others, Arabic, Greek, Macedonian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Russian, Hebrew, Latin.

Download book: https://archive.org/download/Introdu...u_Syriac_a.pdf

Look here is something

Macedonian and Dalmatian vowels

Please read the two last sentences on this page Boge moi

Macedonians mentioned on this page Macedones

The Macedonian and Dalmatian consonants

I do not know how to upload photos to the forum that is why I only post the links so if someone can help me do this I thank you.

Last edited by CaptainAwesome; 06-15-2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Figured out how to get photos in here
CaptainAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome CaptainAwesome. Great introductory post. I can't help but think I have seen this somewhere before or something similar to it, that boge moi part seems familiar.

For the images, have you tried using: https://imgbb.com

Old 06-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome is on a distinguished road

Thank you Soldier of Macedon. I got the photos in here at last. Will try imgbb in future.

I searched the forum for "Boge" and found this post from Bill77 about a book from 1603 http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...highlight=boge

Last edited by CaptainAwesome; 06-15-2018 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Found link to post from Bill77
CaptainAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:48 AM   #4
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
Thank you Soldier of Macedon. I got the photos in here at last. Will try imgbb in future.
No problem. Now I know why this text looks familiar. It's the same verse from Psalms XXI (My God, why leave me) that I saw in another book. That one was from the year 1603 which also mentions the Macedonian language:

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=4328

A little more on the author of the book you mentioned:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teseo_...degli_Albonesi
Quote:
Teseo Ambrogio degli Albonesi (Theseus Ambrosius, 1469-1540) was an Italian humanist. He was a proponent of "Christian Kabbalah" and an early student of Semitic languages. His Introductio ad Chaldaicam linguam, Syriacam, atque Armenicam, et decem alias linguas (Pavia 1539) was one of the earliest Western studies of Syriac and Armenian. The bulk of the work consists of an Introduction to Chaldean, Syriac and Armenian (foll. 9–192). To this is added an Appendix which includes the presentation of alphabets (foll. 193–213), including brief references to Coptic (called "Jacobite") and Ethiopic (misleadingly called "Indian") and comments on the ancestry of European languages, especially languages of Italy, with a discussion of Etruscan.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:55 AM   #5
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
I searched the forum for "Boge" and found this post from Bill77 about a book from 1603 http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...highlight=boge
Yes, that's the one I just posted with a screen shot. I wonder if the latter used the earlier as a reference point. Who knows. Main thing is there are two specific references to a Macedonian language in the mid 15th and early 16th century. Good work.