The Existence of a Macedonian Minority in Greece!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    TM, first off learn what the term homogenos means before posting wisecracks. Let me give you a hint, it has nothing to do with racial purity. Secondly, they have rights and nobody is stopping them. Go to maknews and see the panagiri videos in Greece. Third, I will give the benefit of the doubt regarding forced hellenisation policies.

Dont play the purity card, your smarter than that.
    I know what the term means. Obviously you need a lesson in computing what you read. Where did I say anything about racial purity?
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

By attempting to dissect us into Vlachs and Arvanites. So the assertation of racial purity is being made intentional or unintentional.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

“According to the Greek nationalist position (which is rejected by the vast majority of scholars and diplomats around the world), because Alexander the Great and the ancient Macedonians were Greeks, and because ancient and modern Greeks are bound in an unbroken line of racial and cultural continuity, it is, therefore, only Greeks who have the right to identify themselves as Macedonians, not the Slavs of southern Yugoslavia. Therefore, many Greeks deny the existence of a Macedonian language, a Macedonian nation, and a Macedonian minority in Northern Greece.” Danforth confirms “the Macedonian minority of northern Greece has been the victim of what could be called ‘symbolic ethnic cleansing,’ a policy by which the Greek government simply denies the existence of the Macedonian minority in Greece and attempts to assimilate it into mainstream Greek society. In this way, the Greek government seeks to maintain the fiction that Greece is an ethnically pure and homogenous state inhabited exclusively by Greeks.”
        The Macedonian Minority in Northern Greece by Loring Danforth pages 89-90

I guess someone else is saying it. Not I.

Comment

• Voltron
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

I dont doubt that Macedonians had it rough for a second. Keep in mind one day another Danforth might come around and start making statements for Albanians in ROM. You might understand us better then.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

A stupid analogy. The ethnic Albanians in Macedonia had all language, education, religious, etc rights before turning on the state in which they live during 2000/2001. When have Macedonians ever had any of those rights in Greece?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

TM, first off learn what the term homogenos means before posting wisecracks. Let me give you a hint, it has nothing to do with racial purity. Secondly, they have rights and nobody is stopping them. Go to maknews and see the panagiri videos in Greece. Third, I will give the benefit of the doubt regarding forced hellenisation policies.

Dont play the purity card, your smarter than that.
              Isn't in amazing how one can tinker with categories of identification to suite your own political agenda.

If you accept the premise that the New Greek has in fact adopted a sham heritage, and formally speaks a language that was native to no one in the region (let alone one part of Macedonian territory), you have to begin to wonder just where this historical claim to Macedonian territory comes from? This assumption that the New Greek has an exclusive right to all territory in the region south and north of Athens, is a false one. If its 'claims' to territory (and high sounding names for that matter) rest on the basis that the New Greek is the single and sole representative of the ancient Greek heritage (actually a heritage invented by Europeans), then it doesn't have a valid claim to any territory in the region, certainly not a historical claim. The reference to "purity" made by Rogi is a valid one if we consider the underlying sham of the New Greek identity to an ancient heritage it had no natural connection to. If this is indeed the underlying assumption of official national history, then national 'homogeniety' invariably takes on very racist overtones. The notion that a Greek national can be anyone, while the State ruthlessly suppresses diversity, difference and all the things that make life rich only demonstrates how poor you rock munchers from Crete and elswhere really are.
              Last edited by Pelister; 01-29-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

on many parts of the earth the indiginous people are treated with respect but when it comes to the macedonians as if they ceased to exist they are given no rights.Other countries have even gone to the extent of giving back lands they have missappropriated whilst the greeks are stubborn & refuse to do anything to recognize its macedonian minorities within its borders.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

I dont doubt that Macedonians had it rough for a second. Keep in mind one day another Danforth might come around and start making statements for Albanians in ROM. You might understand us better then.
                  Why am I not surprised that you totally went around the point of the post

Anyways this little diamond in the rough is from your own press:

"James Blanford, U.S. Consul-General in Thessaloniki, is seeking oppressed minorities in northern Greece. He has a weakness for Balkan minorities, such as Skopjeans [the Greek term for Macedonians], Walachians [Vlachs], and Albanians. He has no success finding these minorities because they do not exist."

8/30/92 Kiriakatiki
                  Eleftherotipia

“the Macedonian minority of northern Greece has been the victim of what could be called ‘symbolic ethnic cleansing,’ a policy by which the Greek government simply denies the existence of the Macedonian minority in Greece and attempts to assimilate it into mainstream Greek society. In this way, the Greek government seeks to maintain the fiction that Greece is an ethnically pure and homogenous state inhabited exclusively by Greeks.”

The Macedonian Minority in Northern Greece by Loring Danforth pages 89-90

I guess even your own press proves Danforth correct.

Comment

• Voltron
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                    Isn't in amazing how one can tinker with categories of identification to suite your own political agenda.

If you accept the premise that the New Greek has in fact adopted a sham heritage, and formally speaks a language that was native to no one in the region (let alone one part of Macedonian territory), you have to begin to wonder just where this historical claim to Macedonian territory comes from? This assumption that the New Greek has an exclusive right to all territory in the region south and north of Athens, is a false one. If its 'claims' to territory (and high sounding names for that matter) rest on the basis that the New Greek is the single and sole representative of the ancient Greek heritage (actually a heritage invented by Europeans), then it doesn't have a valid claim to any territory in the region, certainly not a historical claim. The reference to "purity" made by Rogi is a valid one if we consider the underlying sham of the New Greek identity to an ancient heritage it had no natural connection to. If this is indeed the underlying assumption of official national history, then national 'homogeniety' invariably takes on very racist overtones. The notion that a Greek national can be anyone, while the State ruthlessly suppresses diversity, difference and all the things that make life rich only demonstrates how poor you rock munchers from Crete and elswhere really are.
                    Do you even comprehend what you are writing ? Do you understand that Macedonia was one of the most compromised regions in the Balkans throughout history ? Use common sense, How did all these "ethnic" groups come to Greece. Surely they must of passed through somewhere. For the love of God man, wake up !

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

This was written in July 1948. The important part reads as follows; Strange, Greece has no minorities and yet Macedonians were there to be found in 1948.

Thanks Daskalot for posting this

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

My pleasure, I am here to serve.
                        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                          • Jan 2009

Macedonian minority in Greece was clearly recognized in the Second World War - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmfe_U4gcQk)

Comment

Working...
                          X