Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Ethnic Macedonians by Gandeto!

Ethnic Macedonians

Gandeto

July 11, 2009

Rebuttal:

Once again, and I must admit, with added revulsion, the errors of their ways must be confronted and their repugnant distortion of the truth ought to be emphasized. I am referring to Mr. Tymphaios´ article Ethnic Macedonians from July 07, 2009 where the usual Greek drivel against Macedonia and the ethnic Macedonians is regurgitated anew with the usual Greek twist of classic denial and outright fabrications.

But what intrigues me the most is not their vociferous lies and denials but their inability to confront and comprehend the meaning of the word "self-identification", a cornerstone component of the basic, unalienable human rights guaranteed by the universal Charter of Human Rights Treaties of the United Nations.

Here is the government of Greece whose main objective is, and always has been, denial of existence and a systematic elimination of an ethnic Macedonian population. While her "trained soldiers" in the Diaspora attempt to present the Macedonians from the Republic of Macedonia as a "fictitious entity" created by some communist monster bent on stealing Greek territory, those in Greece itself, are busy spying on their countryman calling them "agents of Skopia" and "worms that eat up our national tissue which need to be crushed". The extent of this rampant absurdity rivals only their ingrained xenophobic prejudices and their, almost, narcissistic preoccupation with self.

This so-called "democracy" exhibits pervasive signs of decadent, almost paranoid tendencies. Inflicted with, and fueled by a dangerously hysterical obsession with self-grandeur as inheritors of the ancient Hellenes and governed by arbitrary perimeters of moral standards, it stands alone and quite isolated on the fringes of the European socio-judicial landscape.

It seems that the veil of ignorance has blinded their illusory ambitions to wipe out any remnants of the Macedonian´s past. Without a reliable and truthful historical compass, their political ship is adrift into a predictable abyss – a fascist dictatorship. Few, if any, doubt that the present-day government in Greece can maintain its treacherous course for too long; here, the democratic principles on which modern countries have built their societies have suffered irreparable damage. The progressive forces in Greece are either silenced or too afraid to mount any resistance; whence, when that happens, the likes of Chrysi Avyi and Stohos´ ultra-nationalists subscribers will rule unopposed to spread their hate at will and become the sole measuring dispensers of justice in Greece.

How else can one reconcile with the fact that Greece today, shows total and defiant disregard for international covenants of human rights?

How else can one justify the fact that this Greek government, through various channels of its propaganda machine, denies the existence of people who dare to identify themselves as ethnic Macedonians?

How else can one validate the actions of the Greek Secret Service to harass and persecute people, Greek citizens, who have declared to have other than Greek ethnic consciousness?

Is it really up to these Greeks to tell their minority populations living in Greece who they are and how to ethnically identify themselves? Isn´t that clearly stipulated in the Covenant that:

(a) all peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development and

(b) the States Parties to the present Covenant shall promote the realization of the right of self-determination, and shall respect that right, in conformity with the provisions of the Charter of the United Nations?

Is Mr. Tymphaios cognizant of these rights of self-determination? Isn´t it expected of the Greek state, a member of the European nations, instead of denying that ethnic Macedonians exist and instead of suppressing their universally recognized human rights—guarantied by the Charter of the United Nations—to strive to promote the realizations of these rights of self-identification?

Instead of you telling me who I am, you should first and foremost, show respect for and be in observance of my human rights as an individual. It is not up to you, nor is it any business of your government, to tell me who I am and how to identify myself.

Instead of digging up dirt about a neighboring country, you, as an intelligent human being, living (unlike Greece) in a truly democratic country, should focus your attention at the democratic deficiencies exhibited by your own government. Instead of selectively manipulating the facts, drawing conclusions and spreading half-truths from a photograph for which we know nothing about, you should raise your voice against the inhumane practices employed by your government towards Greek citizens who, in spite of the inherent danger of reprisals and persecution, have declared themselves as ethnically and culturally different than the rest of the people in Greece.

If these Greek citizens tell you that they feel, consider and like to be recognized for what they strongly believe that they are- ethnic Macedonians- then you, and your government need to realize that it is their inherent right to declare themselves as such.

If these Greek citizens tell you that they identify themselves not as "dopoi", not as "Slavophone-Greeks", not as "Slavo-Macedonians" but simply as Ethnic Macedonians, then you and your government ought to comprehend and realize that it is their right to be called what they have said they want to be called. You and your government ought to cease to circumvent, redefine or in any form or shape negate that right. It is high noon for all of you hate disseminators, to come to grips with the reality that the only person, the only entity, the only body empowered to declare and decide my own ethnicity is me. Only then, Mr. Tymphaios, will the cycle of hate, repression, mistrust and prejudice subside and be eliminated in due time.

Second, please, do not portend ignorance that you did not know why Vinozito received the number of votes you quoted in your article. Do you think people believe in and trust the Greek government´s policies? Do you think the elections and the counting of votes proceeded in a normal environment with clearly defined and reliably implemented judicious standards? Was your Greek postal service working for the citizens of Greece or for the ultra-fascist wing of Stohos´ ilk?

Do you think that your government´s credibility is an issue here, especially after the revelation of the Top Secret document issued by the Ministry of Public Security, National Security Service in Athens from February 16, 1982 number of protocol 6502/7-3042? Do you suppose that your government acted in good faith regarding the people who declared themselves as ethnic Macedonians?

If these people do not exist, as per your government´s assertion, then why is their language forbidden? What are you afraid of? If these people, the ethnic Macedonians do not exist, then, why do you spy on them? Why do you recruit people/spies to watch and report on their activities? Why create spy-nests like "Aristotelis" clubs and such, in areas where these supposed non-existing people live? How come, you do not create such "cultural clubs" in the "Old Greece" itself?

Third, if Macedonia was "always Greek", then why in the world did the Greeks neither ask nor raised a whisper about Macedonia in 1828 or in 1878? Why would you leave a major section of "your own country" unredeemed? If Macedonia was always "Hellenic", how come Greece had a consulate office in Solun (Thessalonika) before 1912? Is this a Greek thing to have a consular office in your "own" country?

If Macedonia was Greek, then, why would your first Greek President Yannis Kapodistria call for a sovereign and independent Macedonian State?

If Macedonia was "always Greek", then, why did your King George I, refer to Macedonia as "an occupied territory"?

Why would Elias Petropoulos state that he does not believe the histories of Salonica as contrived by various modern Greek historians? He stated: "they are histories which reek of chauvinism."

If Macedonia was "always Hellenic", why would your Greek government undertake such strenuous measures to change all the Macedonian toponyms (the reasons given by your government as follow: "those that pollute and disfigure the appearance of our beautiful fatherland which provide an opportunity for hostile peoples to draw conclusions unfavorable for the Greek nation"). Why would your Greek government erase the Macedonian words from walls of monuments and churches and even from the graveyards outside and burn all Macedonian books found hidden in the monasteries? Why resort to such a hideous cultural genocide unprecedented in human history?

Why were ceremonies, in the 1930s, conducted in the villages where Macedonians lived, to swear in front of the Greek flag, Greek religious and military dignitaries that they will cease speaking the Slavic idiom "which only gives grounds for misunderstanding to the enemies of our country"? Have you ever spoken against these monstrously inhumane measures Mr. Tymphaios?

Why were Macedonians stripped of their Macedonian personal names and given Greek names instead? Don´t you Greeks find this Greek practice revolting and abhorrent?

Did you think that by forced Hellenization and banning of our Macedonian language you will define us out of our existence? Did you think and hope that by exertion of force from you, or from anybody else for that matter, we´ll forget and erase from our collective memories that our forebears had Macedonian consciousness?

You have clearly, and to your own detriment, underestimated our Macedonian resolve; even if our Republic gives in, under pressure from the West, and accepts modification of our constitutional name, rest assured that we, in the Diaspora, will remain steadfast in our fight for justice and will relinquish neither our name, nor our dignity and definitely not our self-identity as ethnic Macedonians. There will be other battles to follow. With your incessant lies and fabrications you have made us much stronger and more resilient than ever before. You have not seen the real fighting Macedonian yet.

It needs to be stressed and by all means, it needs to be born in mind that there will be no surrender to your political blackmail and cultural racist manipulations. I will have you know, if you didn´t know already, that your modern Metaxa´s days are over; we will suffer no more. You have my solemn pledge on that.

Until next time…
    Thank you Gandeto for your very well written article!
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Yes, an excellent article.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Giorikas, what do you think of the above article, is Gandeto "way out there" or is this an accurat observation of the current situation?
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Giorikas reads from one book.
        Alas, his time will be up soon because he does not enter into dialogue. He will keep talking about Miller's letter of lies for many more years. But will ignore anything else .... especially if it is actual research rather than a Greek wishlist.

Go on Giorikas, prove me wrong and comment on a few paragraphs above.

cheers
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Come on Gorki, do it for Hellenism! lol
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

If Macedonia was Greek, then, why would your first Greek President Yannis Kapodistria call for a sovereign and independent Macedonian State?
            So Anthony Bullard and others were right. God this must be a stab in the modern "greeks" heart.
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
            X