• Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
    what are you gonna do about it?

Or...this will be only a forum blabing?
    Excellent point Bratot.
    Perhaps we can call this phase "finding enough people with a common interest". Our initial forum thread about the UMD has been read about 3000 times so far. I will assume some members of the UMD hierarchy have read the discussion. If the forum blabbing helps to align their interests with the general sentiment of the Diaspora, then the job is done.

Another natural question is objective effectiveness. What do you do first to achieve efficiency in objective implementation? Is an office in Washington necessary for example?

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
    If you are not able to make a change inside UMD, maybe it's time to form another one.
    That is obvious.
    But hopefully there is a conscience there. I believe the UMD is still on their "honeymoon". Thoughtful and constructive criticism is essential in ensuring their continued relevance. The same thing happens with political parties.

The UMD might be useful in Washington. They could end up being some vague reminder of "Macedonia" to some Washington lobbyists and politicians. The more non-negotiable work might have to be done by another group with less political sensibilities. Both might be sensible in the future. But will not talk to each other unless they can agree on a common cause .............. cue Rogi
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

I salute all initiatives that will brings us all together on the same side. Something that is called a national homogenization.

Of course there gonna be different opinions within such organization, but the aim should be one same.

Another point I would suggest is deeper cooperation, a teamwork with the macedonians living in the republic and to form one body.

To abandon the egocentric and arrogant behavior among all our groups.
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Rogi, in relation to the Macedonian cause:

I would say part of the cause is to offer minorities within Macedonia no greater rights than those offered by countries who have embraced UN charters etc. Which includes winding back the Ohrid Agreement for its obvious reverse discrimination aspects.

Independent Media.

Empowerment of native Macedonians to liberate themselves from enslaved or victim mindsets.

.... Amongst other things that will inevitably come to mind with continued focus on this important issue.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Thanks a lot Risto! To date, you're the only one who has actually commented on drafting the definition of the Macedonian Cause and getting it right!

I'll start a new thread called "The Macedonian Cause" and I'll paste my draft in there (from the artofmacedonism.com website), could you make it a sticky thread and it can be a separate thread where each person can post their addition or edit to the definition, with a moderator then editing the very first post to include those edits/additions/feedback until we all agree it is complete, absolute, unwavering and can only be interpreted in one way.... effectively perfect and timeless.

I like the suggestion of empowerment of Macedonians to liberate themselves from the victim mindsets, perhaps we could quote Delchev in that too.

I'm not sure about the Independent Media though and whether that should be in the definition of the Macedonian cause, it's more so something that should be in the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia.

Comment

• King Makedon
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            KM, I think you give the Greeks more credit than they deserve.
            2001 had much more to do with the USA than Greece in my opinion.
            2001 Bill Clinton was on power. as we know he and his democrats do favor them aswell as he favored the greeks.

Greece's interess is the vanishing of the state Macedonia (due to its history for still occupying Macedonian land and the ethnic cleansing they had done)
            don't you think Greece had and still have interests in destroying everything what is "macedonian" in the state of macedonia? Like (emblem) RoM still uses the communist one. changing the flag, trying to change the name, trying to change the national identity of the people RoM and so on and so on. Until macedonia doesn't exist.
            So the Albanian uprising was an oppurtinity for greece so that macedonia could be splitt betweein the albanians serbs and bulgarian once more. but it didn't succeed. now they are trying other methods.
            Last edited by King Makedon; 05-17-2009, 08:46 PM.
            ]
            The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
            [/SIZE]

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by King Makedon View Post
              2001 Bill Clinton was on power. as we know he and his democrats do favor them aswell as he favored the greeks.

Greece's interess is the vanishing of the state Macedonia (due to its history for still occupying Macedonian land and the ethnic cleansing they had done)
              don't you think Greece had and still have interests in destroying everything what is "macedonian" in the state of macedonia? Like (emblem) RoM still uses the communist one. changing the flag, trying to change the name, trying to change the national identity of the people RoM and so on and so on. Until macedonia doesn't exist.
              So the Albanian uprising was an oppurtinity for greece so that macedonia could be splitt betweein the albanians serbs and bulgarian once more. but it didn't succeed. now they are trying other methods.
              I agree entirely with every word.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I understand the UMD is having their global conference right now.
                What a wonderful opportunity to publicly shame Macedonian politicians who are attending and have demonstrated a willingness to weaken our nation.
                What a wonderful way to dispel any questions about the intentions and philosophy of the UMD.
                I genuinely hope it works out well.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

Sekerinska is no longer attending, so my friends from Australia who flew up for the conference, with plans to storm out as Sekerinska utters a word, are both happy (that she is no longer going) and disappointed (that they wont get to make a scene, embarrassing her).

I'm paying close attention to this conference too, there better be some strong language and real positions that come out of it - not just coffee, food, speeches and discussions.

I'm lobbying for a unanimous, definite and strong Resolution against a name change, from all the attendees (being Macedonians from all over the world). I drafted the initial version of it, and I hope they proceed with it.

I'd be very disappointed if they do not.

Comment

• Volk
                    • Sep 2008

Keep up the good work Rogi!
                    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Well done Rogi, a defining moment hopefully!
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                        • Sep 2008

UMD awards US Congressmen and Senators

Originally posted by The US will continue to urge for Macedonia’s membership in NATO. It is absurdly the country to be put aside from the Alliance due to bilateral dispute, the US congressmen Bill Pascrell and Earl Pomeroy, and Senator Richard Lugar, recipients of the International Freedom Award presented by United Macedonian Diaspora said. In the interview with the Voice of America programme on Macedonian language they pointed out that Macedonia’s membership in the Alliance is good for the neighbourhood and for Europe as well. - I think it is rightful Macedonia, which gave so much to other countries, to become part of NATO. It is rightful for me. I will use a term that one colleague used it, it is absurdly to put aside from NATO due to dispute between two countries and not between all countries in the world, Pascrell said. Regarding the question whether Macedonia should give up its constitutional name for reaching compromise with Greece, Pascrell pointed out that there are also other ways to resolve the dispute. - I think that part of the compromise is Republic of Macedonia is to become something else but never to be “former Yugoslav republic” and fully to reject the name “Macedonia.” I understand the problem. There is one Macedonian part of Greece, I understand the current sensitivity. There are other ways to resolve the problem rather than to change the name of Macedonia, the congressman said. For Pomeroy the persistence is the key when it comes to recognition of Macedonia under its constitutional name. - Persistence, persistence, persistence. 120 countries in the world recognised under its name, Macedonia. It is not at all adequate one country to try to use bilateral issue to stop other country to participate in the community of nations, in this case NATO, our mutual security union. The issues, which should be defined whether one country is the member of the Alliance, are defensive issues and not unrelated name issues, bilateral dispute that prevents the international community, Pomeroy. The justice is on Macedonia’s side and the issue should be resolved adequately to this, Pomeroy said. Richard Lugar, US Senator said that Macedonia will become part of Europe thus admitted in NATO and EU besides veto threats from Greece. - Sometimes some time is needed for the diplomacy. We will continue to urge for Macedonia's membership into NATO. As I said this evening, we are saying this both to Macedonians and Greeks when they visit us in Senate's Foreign Relations Committee because we believe that it is good for the neighbourhood and for Europe as well, Lugar said. He said that Macedonia should continue to prosper as country, to develop politically and economically, to maintain friendly relations in all directions. The day will come when things will come in one place. The US will remain supportive in position that Macedonia should become part of NATO, Lugar said.
                        The US will continue to urge for Macedonia’s membership in NATO. It is absurdly the country to be put aside from the Alliance due to bilateral dispute, the US congressmen Bill Pascrell and Earl Pomeroy, and Senator Richard Lugar, recipients of the International Freedom Award presented by United Macedonian Diaspora said.

In the interview with the Voice of America programme on Macedonian language they pointed out that Macedonia’s membership in the Alliance is good for the neighbourhood and for Europe as well.

- I think it is rightful Macedonia, which gave so much to other countries, to become part of NATO. It is rightful for me. I will use a term that one colleague used it, it is absurdly to put aside from NATO due to dispute between two countries and not between all countries in the world, Pascrell said.

Regarding the question whether Macedonia should give up its constitutional name for reaching compromise with Greece, Pascrell pointed out that there are also other ways to resolve the dispute.

- I think that part of the compromise is Republic of Macedonia is to become something else but never to be “former Yugoslav republic” and fully to reject the name “Macedonia.” I understand the problem. There is one Macedonian part of Greece, I understand the current sensitivity. There are other ways to resolve the problem rather than to change the name of Macedonia, the congressman said.

For Pomeroy the persistence is the key when it comes to recognition of Macedonia under its constitutional name.

- Persistence, persistence, persistence. 120 countries in the world recognised under its name, Macedonia. It is not at all adequate one country to try to use bilateral issue to stop other country to participate in the community of nations, in this case NATO, our mutual security union. The issues, which should be defined whether one country is the member of the Alliance, are defensive issues and not unrelated name issues, bilateral dispute that prevents the international community, Pomeroy.

The justice is on Macedonia’s side and the issue should be resolved adequately to this, Pomeroy said.

Richard Lugar, US Senator said that Macedonia will become part of Europe thus admitted in NATO and EU besides veto threats from Greece.

- Sometimes some time is needed for the diplomacy. We will continue to urge for Macedonia's membership into NATO. As I said this evening, we are saying this both to Macedonians and Greeks when they visit us in Senate's Foreign Relations Committee because we believe that it is good for the neighbourhood and for Europe as well, Lugar said.

He said that Macedonia should continue to prosper as country, to develop politically and economically, to maintain friendly relations in all directions.

The day will come when things will come in one place. The US will remain supportive in position that Macedonia should become part of NATO, Lugar said.
                        1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                        2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Very good and so true, there is only one way, Macedonia!
                          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

Macedonian Community in Australia submits twelve point plan to Australian Government

Re: For Immediate Release

Macedonian Community in Australia submits twelve point plan to Australian Government

Marking Independence Day of the Republic of Macedonia on the 8th of September, Macedonians across the country celebrated statehood as an independent nation.

In Parliament House, Canberra, the United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD), alongside the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) and the Macedonian National Council (MNC), hosted a forum with a number of Australian Federal Members of Parliament (MP) from the Australia-Macedonia Parliamentary Friendship Group.

The forum culminated with the presentation of a twelve (12) point plan for improving bilateral relations between Australia and Macedonia, with particular focus on strengthening the cultural, economic, educational and diplomatic ties.

The forum also provided a platform for the Macedonian Community to raise awareness and educate Australian Government Ministers, Shadow Ministers and Federal MP's on some of the issues of concern for the Australian Macedonian Community, including the offensive and outdated use of "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" for the manner in which Australia recognises the Republic of Macedonia, as well as the still-in-place discriminatory and offensive nomenclature directive of the Federal Government whereby the nationality of the Macedonian people was renamed to that of "Slav Macedonian".

Following the very productive forum, lunch was served at the Members' Dining Hall at Parliament House, allowing for informal, yet very informative, discussion between a number of Federal MP's and the Macedonian community delegation.

The United Macedonian Diaspora would like to extend a special thanks to speaker of the forum, Prof. Peter Hill from Australian National University as well as a special thanks to the offices of the Honourable Member for Corangamite, Mr. Darren Cheeseman, and the Honourable Member for Cowan, Mr. Luke Simpkins who have played a pivotal role in the establishment and work of the Australia-Macedonia Parliamentary Friendship Group.

Media Enquiries Contact
                            Mr Ordan Andreevski
                            Director, Australian Office
                            United Macedonian Diaspora
                            Mobile : 0438 385 466
                            Email : [email protected]
                            Web : www.umdiaspora.org
                            Last edited by Rogi; 09-09-2009, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• blackcactus
                              • Sep 2008

I rarely post, but I do read the forums like many others, Rogi your efforts in keeping us informed is much appreciated

On topic.. Very happy to see Macedonian's defending their rights in Australia
                              The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Good stuff, let's keep'em honest!
                                Mind you, the 12 points might be worth sharing.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X