Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 08-02-2017, 05:22 AM   #1
vicsinad

vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of
Default Macedonians in America

Happy Ilinden everyone...hope it's a good one!

Here is a book I just completed called Macedonians in America: Their Lives and Struggles during the 20th Century. It's available as a paperback and for Kindle, and all profits will donated to my local church like with my previous books.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...+in+america%22

356 pages (54 pages are endnotes) and 10 chapters. Here a general outline:

Chapter 1 is about the early immigrants to the US who came in the 1880s and 1890s, most of them who came to attend school to be missionaries.

Chapter 2 and 3 are about how, why, where from and where to Macedonians settled. There's a lot of statistics in those chapters.

Chapter 4 is about adjusting to America, including working and living conditions.

Chapter 5 is about Macedonians business owners and athletes, artists and politicians.

Chapter 6 is about Macedonians involved in crimes, whether as victims or suspects.

Chapter 7 is about the Macedonian churches and how they got started.

Chapter 8 is about the cultural/social lives of Macedonians.

Chapter 9 is essentially about the MPO.

Chapter 10 is essentially about the MAPL, Macedonian-American People's League.

Hope you find it interesting if you buy...thanks!
vicsinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:50 AM   #2
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Vic.
It's valuable work that adds to our collective history.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #3
vicsinad

vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
Congratulations Vic.
It's valuable work that adds to our collective history.
Thanks, Risto. Much appreciated.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:50 PM   #4
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Nice work Vic.

I hope you're not having any problems with the lunatic majority from the plate smashing side, dispensing more crockery in response to your work...
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #5
vicsinad

Thanks.

Nah...they probably would never bother reading anything that's not written by a Greek.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. They might be willing to read something paid for by a Greek though.