The Greek colonization of Macedonia since 1913!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Coastal View Post
    and climb up the rocky and infertile soil of Drama and Florina ,to live in mud-built huts.
    Sir, the most fertile soils in Greece are to be found in the annexed part of Macedonia, both Lerin and Drama have very fertile soils.

Are you even from the three Macedonias?
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Coastal
      Banned
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
      Sir, the most fertile soils in Greece are to be found in the annexed part of Macedonia, both Lerin and Drama have very fertile soils.

Are you even from the three Macedonias?
      Daskale...i am not sure that a merchant from Smyrna would be happy cultivating potatos in Nevrokopi.

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Daskale...i am not sure that a merchant from Smyrna would be happy cultivating potatos in Nevrokopi.
        That is a complete other issue. You stated that the soils in Florina and Drama to be infertile and this is wrong, they are not.

A merchant is a merchant as long as he has something to buy and sell, if not then he will have to do as everyone else in those day and that is to cultivate the very fertile soils of Macedonia.

Comment

• Coastal
          Banned
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
          That is a complete other issue. You stated that the soils in Florina and Drama to be infertile and this is wrong, they are not.

A merchant is a merchant as long as he has something to buy and sell, if not then he will have to do as everyone else in those day and that is to cultivate the very fertile soils of Macedonia.
          The full argument was that the Exchange of populations was not in favor of the Greeks.
          And yes..the plains of Eastern Thrace and Western Asia Minor are preferable from the mountains of Drama or the swamp of Yianitsa.

Comment

• Makedonetz
            • Apr 2010

The full argument was that the Exchange of populations was not in favor of the Greeks.
            And yes..the plains of Eastern Thrace and Western Asia Minor are preferable from the mountains of Drama or the swamp of Yianitsa.
            you want to know why because greece failed. Try to WAKE UP and smell the Backlava, they taught you this in school in Florina?. My uncle learned the same garbage thinking he is greek, he was baptised by Biscopito Risto Vaskopoulos who was a fascit pope the army brought in who took over our church.

hmmmm my Baba still tells me to this day with tears in her eyes how the greeks were telling the mothers they wouldn;t see their kids agian if they don;t cooperate. She is 100 yrs old god bless her soul and still love to sing our folk songs and remenise of the past when the women would work in the fields cutting wheat and singing for a festival they would host with surrounding villiages including Florina, Brjchino. She doesn't even know how to speek greek so u guys failed.

Das Se Zhiveme sto Godine Sloboda :rmacedonia
            Last edited by Makedonetz; 07-01-2010, 09:47 PM.
            Makedoncite se borat
            za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
            - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Orfej
              • Mar 2010

To the topic.
              "Colonisation of Greek Macedonia" is an out of reality term.
              As Daskalot showed you, it looks like the word `colonization` fits perfectly.

Why?
              1st)The Greek state didn't choose the Population exchange with Turkey.
              They both chose it, the desire of homogenous countries was their dream. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure that all Greeks would have wanted a Greater Greece, celebrating the `liberation` of Istanbul in Albanian kilts and then completely expelling the Muslim majority. But you lost, your dream was crushed and your best option was to exchange the Christian population in Asia Minor with the Muslim in Greece thus creating a more `pleasant` countryside. There is a scanned page on this forum where you can find the words of your `governor of Florina` and by those words you should easily realize what would have happened with Macedonia if it was not the Greek refugees.

2nd) Where the refugees were supposed to settle?
              Where else if not in Macedonia - 4000 years of Greek land.

3rd)Look the above map.
              Florina region-the district with by far the highest percentage of Macedonians together with Kastoria (also high in numbers) receive by far the least refugees in Macedonia region!!
              Kavala and Drama receive much more. Why? Because they had great numbers of Turks who left.
              That was so kind from them. Now it would have been great if those refugees could kindly stop insulting and telling us who the real Macedonians are. I mean it’s ironical for someone who spoke Turkish and had an oriental culture, living in Asia Minor for centuries to tell me how I’m not a Macedonian. That attitude simply irks me.

Orfej,as i wrote before i don't doubt about your ethnicity,and i don't question it-therefor i don't intend to open a thread about it or any similar.
              Of course,this does not mean that i believe someone should falsify the sources .
              Whether we like them or not they are written and they cannot change.
              I cannot for ex. magically turn Kanchov's listing from Bulgarians to Macedonians.

And the same goes for the overwhelming majority of scholars and institutes of the time,including the Carnegie comission
              What the fuck do you care how we called ourselves? What the fuck do you bother, if it is not to deny our right to carry our present name? Do you see me bother with your `Romioi` identity? Do you see me protesting because when you read `Romioi` in an original text, you write `Hellen`? Do you see me asking you the hell can someone be so stupid to equate those 2 different identities?

Comment

• Coastal
                Banned
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Orfej View Post
                That was so kind from them. Now it would have been great if those refugees could kindly stop insulting and telling us who the real Macedonians are. I mean it’s ironical for someone who spoke Turkish and had an oriental culture, living in Asia Minor for centuries to tell me how I’m not a Macedonian. That attitude simply irks me.
                Firstly this has nothing to do with what i wrote before.
                I guess you undesrtood it- Greeks coming replaced Turks leaving.

The irony also Orfej..is that you don't recognize my right to be called Macedonian.And also of all the local Greeks.
                Maybe my ancestors were here ,before yours came. As yours were here,before the Greek refugees came.

And something else..you deny also this right to the Greek refugees who came 87 to 96 years before.(of course all the living now were born here...and many are of mixed local and refugee origin)

so..What is the crucial date ,from wich on someone can be called a Macedonian? One century ? Five..? Fifteen ?

What the fuck do you care how we called ourselves? What the fuck do you bother, if it is not to deny our right to carry our present name? Do you see me bother with your `Romioi` identity? Do you see me protesting because when you read `Romioi` in an original text, you write `Hellen`? Do you see me asking you the hell can someone be so stupid to equate those 2 different identities?
                I am Romios.
                I never denied it.
                I won't be offended if you call me so.

You, on the other hand ...seem to deny your past .

--
                Last edited by Coastal; 07-03-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                  • Apr 2010

Coastal stop with this Bullshit you Grkomani

Coastal Wrote- .is that you don't recognize my right to be called Macedonian.And also of all the local Greeks.

That is the most fucking idiotic statement i have ever heard....you know why because my uncle says the same thing and they BOTH were born out of the same fucking womb! Your Either Greek OR Maceodonin you dont choose "Oh im feeling greek today, but later on ill go into town and mingle with the macedonians as im one too"

Stop being an imposter and ADMIT your a Grk!

Admit it or Go away BUDALA!
                  Makedoncite se borat
                  za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                  - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I guess you undesrtood it- Greeks coming replaced Turks leaving.
                    You call the Christian Turkish Nationals as Greeks. Many could not even speak anything resembling modern Greek. The rest spoke something as diverse from modern Greek such that it would display linguistic departures greater than many modern nations. But you carry on in typical ignorant Greek fashion.

The irony also Orfej..is that you don't recognize my right to be called Macedonian.And also of all the local Greeks.
                    Did I miss something? Has Greece renamed itself as Macedonia? Is that the NEW name for your country?

Am I being ironic? Or is Greece merely trying to cling to some perceived ancient connection to the ancient Macedonians? I don't get it, perhaps you can clarify how you can compare your modern phenomena (claim to being Macedonian) with the fact that your people already have a national and ethnic descriptor. Because that is how the Macedonians use it.

Maybe my ancestors were here ,before yours came. As yours were here,before the Greek refugees came.

And something else..you deny also this right to the Greek refugees who came 87 to 96 years before.(of course all the living now were born here...and many are of mixed local and refugee origin)

so..What is the crucial date ,from wich on someone can be called a Macedonian? One century ? Five..? Fifteen ?

I am Romios.
                    I never denied it.
                    I won't be offended if you call me so.

You, on the other hand ...seem to deny your past .--
                    The refugees came as former Turkish nationals who (through religion) clinged to the "Romios" identity (except for the many who felt Turkish). They are now Greek. If Greece changes its name to Macedonia, they will be Macedonians. Otherwise, Greece will have to spend another billion dollars to still try and convince the world of this charade.

You are making an attempt to group Macedonians with Bulgarians. You will not be allowed latitude with this. The modern Bulgarian identity is largely thanks to the Macedonians. You know where they got their language from don't you? And why would they adopt the Macedonian language? It clearly was the dominant language of 1300 years ago. We know they spoke another language before reaching the region.

I have never seen anyone attempt to describe the slavic speaking tribes of Morea as Bulgarian. Quite inconsistent in my opinion.

I am glad you are Romios, Rum, Arvanites, Greek, Macedonian, Hellene & any other new name you can have for yourself. We are only Macedonians. I know (in comparison) it sounds embarrassing to only have one name, but that is how we are.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      You call the Christian Turkish Nationals as Greeks. Many could not even speak anything resembling modern Greek. The rest spoke something as diverse from modern Greek such that it would display linguistic departures greater than many modern nations. But you carry on in typical ignorant Greek fashion.

Did I miss something? Has Greece renamed itself as Macedonia? Is that the NEW name for your country?

Am I being ironic? Or is Greece merely trying to cling to some perceived ancient connection to the ancient Macedonians? I don't get it, perhaps you can clarify how you can compare your modern phenomena (claim to being Macedonian) with the fact that your people already have a national and ethnic descriptor. Because that is how the Macedonians use it.

The refugees came as former Turkish nationals who (through religion) clinged to the "Romios" identity (except for the many who felt Turkish). They are now Greek. If Greece changes its name to Macedonia, they will be Macedonians. Otherwise, Greece will have to spend another billion dollars to still try and convince the world of this charade.

You are making an attempt to group Macedonians with Bulgarians. You will not be allowed latitude with this. The modern Bulgarian identity is largely thanks to the Macedonians. You know where they got their language from don't you? And why would they adopt the Macedonian language? It clearly was the dominant language of 1300 years ago. We know they spoke another language before reaching the region.

I have never seen anyone attempt to describe the slavic speaking tribes of Morea as Bulgarian. Quite inconsistent in my opinion.

I am glad you are Romios, Rum, Arvanites, Greek, Macedonian, Hellene & any other new name you can have for yourself. We are only Macedonians. I know (in comparison) it sounds embarrassing to only have one name, but that is how we are.
                      Risto great post brat
                      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                        • Jan 2009

How many baptised Turks were dumped in Macedonia who couldn't speak a word of Romaika? 600,000? 700,000? One source I've seen says 700,000 "Greek colonizers" were dumped in Macedonia. Colonizers indeed. Poor souls were in for the indoctrination of a lifetime.
                        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Coastal
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Well,you seem to live in Australia.
                          So..let's change a bit the words..

"You call the Christian Australian Nationals as Macedonians. Many cannot even speak anything resembling Macedonian"

Should i call you christian Australian?

----
                          Besides until your land was annexed by Serbia in 1912,you were Turkish nationals too.
                          And then you became Yugoslavian nationals until 1991.
                          Does this imply anything about your ethnicity?

Am i ?
                          I clarified that i respect your self-identification,and that's all.
                          Since you identify as Macedonians,you are,and there is no doubt for me.

This is a totally different story and has nothing to do with what i said:
                          Do you deny the sources?
                          Is it restricted to mention them?
                          It is true that many scolars,travelers and historians defined your ancestors as Bulgarians -is it a taboo for you>??

such as ..

ENGLISH
                          James Wyld -1877
                          Georgina Muir Mackenzie and Adeline Paulina Irby -1863

FRENCH
                          Ami Boué in 1840
                          Guillaume Lejean in 1861

GERMANS
                          August Heinrich Rudolf Griesebach -1841
                          J. Hahn -1858 and 1863
                          August Heinrich Petermann -1869
                          Heinrich Kiepert -1876

AUSTRIANS
                          Karl Sax -1878

CZECHS
                          J. Erben -1868
                          F. Brodaska -1869

SLOVAKS
                          Pavel Jozef Safarik -1842

SERBIANS
                          Davidovitch -1848
                          Constant Desjardins -1853
                          Stefan I. Verković -1860

RUSSIANS
                          Viktor I. Grigorovič -1848
                          Vinkenty Makushev -1867
                          M.F. Mirkovitch -1867

These are just 20 of the most prominent of their time.
                          Do you have 20 -or 5 ....-who had a different opinion ?
                          I guess sources should not be ignored or demonized -even if we don't like their opinion...they can be proved useful for our better understanding.
                          Last edited by Coastal; 07-04-2010, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Coastal, you are here on an agenda, to negate us. Try that once more and I will throw you out of here. Katalaves?

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

You should get one thing straight and this THREAD IS ABOUT THE GREEK COLONIZATION OF MACEDONIA AND NOTHING ELSE!

STAY ON TOPIC OR GET BANNED.

You have polluted this thread with enough drivel.

Comment

• Coastal
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2010

Daskale, if you want to ban me ..go on- this is your forum you can do it any time.
                                You don't need unconvincing excuses for doing this.

On the other hand i clearly stated 1000 times my thesis about your self-identification.

Presenting the sources that you do not like is a restricted in here?

If yes,you must add in the forum rules and regulations,that any mention in Sources that are against your will are a taboo and will be tolerated.

--
                                As for the irrelevance,i m constantly taking irrelevant answers ..like in Fire in Izmir thread...a quote about the ethnicity of ancient Macedonians.
                                You didn't threatened anyone with Banning so far..maybe because they are not annoying as i am..
                                Last edited by Coastal; 07-04-2010, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X