X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macorules94
    • Apr 2009

My Ancestry DNA test

Dads side is from the Lerin villages, mums side is from the north east bordering Pirin.

So happy with these results!
  • Amphipolis
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

That's very interesting. Can you tell us more? Company? Costs?

Is this paternal or maternal DNA, or both?

I see the menu has previews per generation (1775, 1825 etc)? Are they different? Can you show us more? I think I'll try this one.

Comment

• macorules94
      • Apr 2009

ancestry.com.au

it was $129 + 29 shipping (AUD)

It's through a spit sample.

The years thing just shows a timeline of people from that area and how a lot in 1925 went to America. It's very general.

Those big blobs it seems are the "regions" and Macedonia is part of Europe South, and Europe East blobs (overlaps), it says 49% Europe South but primarily the Greece - Turkey region (includes entire Macedonia region), and 40% Europe East and again, primarily the Greece - Turkey region.

The 8% of Caucasus also says primarily the Turkey area.
      Last edited by macorules94; 04-18-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• maco2envy
        • Jan 2015

I assume this is AncestryDNA? Note how they avoid mentioning Macedonia in the main cluster... Someone should probably complain.

Also Amphipolis, I'm pretty sure this is autosomal only (both paternally and maternally inherited)

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

i am still skeptical about DNA determining Ancestry and it to be taken seriously.

For my own sake, and to prove beyond reasonable doubt i may have, i will be doing a DNA test...... no two.

One would be returned to them under the name Wang Fang
          Second, using my pet dogs saliva.

The slight possibilities are the former might still come back similar to macorules94 result
          And the latter might come back as inconclusive. But its a certainty, that i will get them scratching their heads. We will see how it goes.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• VMRO
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
            i am still skeptical about DNA determining Ancestry and it to be taken seriously.

For my own sake, and to prove beyond reasonable doubt i may have, i will be doing a DNA test...... no two.

One would be returned to them under the name Wang Fang
            Second, using my pet dogs saliva.

The slight possibilities are the former might still come back similar to macorules94 result
            And the latter might come back as inconclusive. But its a certainty, that i will get them scratching their heads. We will see how it goes.
            Hahaha eagerly await the results
            Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Bill, the dog might be pure Greek!
              Watch out.
              Bullet proof vest on ..... walks out of room.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                Bill, the dog might be pure Greek!
                Watch out.
                Bullet proof vest on ..... walks out of room.
                lol

It reminds me of a joke. Though something tells me you might have told it to me and would tell it better.

Spiro's dog died. Spiro loved it so much he treated it like it was human.

Spiro went to the local Greek Orthodox Church to speak to the priest.

Spiro: Father..... my pet dog Manolis passed away. I want to organize a Greek Orthodox traditional Funeral for him.

Priest: ayde re stodyalo....... this is a church. Go down to that Fucken Synagogue down the road..... these Jews will do anything.

Spiro bows his head in disappointment and slowly walks away. Just as he is about to exit the church door, he turns to the priest and says....

Spiro: one last question father..... i have $20,000 to spend on this funeral. Would that amount be enough and not insult the Rabi?

Priest: $20,000
                Ajde re Malaka.....Why didn't you tell me Manolis was Greek Orthodox

I apologise macorules94 for straying off topic.
                Last edited by Bill77; 04-19-2018, 04:44 AM.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Isn't everything Greek orthodox, Bill?
                  LoL
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• tchaiku
                    • Nov 2016

What's your Y-DNA? It is so much more interesting than this.

You probably are descended from Slavic invaders who mixed with natives. (judging from the map)

Actually I take it back, I forgot that most of our DNA is gone if we get back 5 centuries.
                    Last edited by tchaiku; 04-19-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• maco2envy
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
                      What's your Y-DNA? It is so much more interesting than this.

You probably are descended from Slavic invaders who mixed with natives. (judging from the map)
                      Why Y-DNA? It's only a single path of inheritance in a massive pedigree.

Also what indicates anything about Slavic Invaders in that map he posted? Eastern Europe is not only composed of people descended from Slavs.

Comment

Working...
                      X