• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
    Tasho Alusheff Wed, Jun 03 2009

But this leads to the question of , if 'macedonia has always been greek' then how can I, a 'bulgarian-american' have roots in greece when I have no greek blood in me? The answer of course is Macedonia has only been greek since 1913.

sofiaecho.com

Google
    Thanks Indigen.

Just to clarify, it is not an article in Sofia Echo that states this but a forum member that claims to be Tasho Alushev (not that I am doubting that it is him, but is there any way to confirm?) Perhaps the UMDiaspora.org can bring this to the attention of his wife and see what they get in response. Here is a snapshot of the comments:

In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• indigen
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
      Indigen, Spolaj Ti

Thats an old interview 4 and a half years old, a lot has changed since then
      In August 2005, MPO National Vice President of the United States Vladimir Atseff (Same year of the time of the interview). This same person now heads the Macedonian 2010 Census Coalition.

Has the MPO constitution changed to reflect Macedonian ethnic identity? NO! Has the Bulgarian language been replaced with Macedonian in their "Macedonian" Tribune? I don't think so but maybe Meto can answer that question best because back in 2004 he stated that he buys and reads it and was urging fellow Macedonians to do the same.

Macedonian Tribune - History of the Macedonian Tribune
      Past Editors

Dorie Atzeff Reynolds was the eighth Tribune editor

By Virginia Nizamoff Surso

Dorie Atzeff Reynolds has the distinction of being the only female editor of the MACEDONIAN TRIBUNE, as well as the only editor to have come from the ranks of YMPO English Page Editors.

"I considered it a labor of love rather than a work of labor," she says.

Her credentials are solid both as a writer-editor and as an MPO member. She explains that the MPO has always been a part of her life, and the friends she made through the years are a part of her extended family.

"My parents (Dita Atzeff and the late Peter Atzeff) were wonderful role models. Their work was an inspiration. They were always working together, basically dedicating their lives to the MPO. Theirs was a real team effort."

Dorie is a recipient of the Luben Dimitroff Memorial as the most outstanding YMPO member of 1966-67.

When the TRIBUNE was moved to Ft. Wayne immediately after the 1983 convention, Dorie traveled to Indianapolis, packed hundreds of boxes, had them loaded on a truck, unloaded them in Ft. Wayne and helped unpack them.

In Indianapolis she had to hire help from the Rescue Mission, but didn't have the money to pay them, so Mitko Popov (past TRIBUNE editor) gave her $50 to pay the workers. A few weeks later the first English edition in tabloid size of the TRIBUNE was published.

"It was time to make a change, and the change was well accepted," she notes.

Dorie says the most rewarding aspect of her duties was working on the archives on a weekly basis with her mother and Marie Calcoff Burton, who spent years going through the boxes organizing their contents Marie the old issues of the paper and Dita the files. An MPO member from Toronto who was a librarian joined them for a week or two and helped catalogue some of the archives.

"Unearthing the treasures that I had packed was very exciting, and when we found the first issue of the paper after months and months of searching, this was very exciting," she explains, adding that a personally momentous find was the handwritten note from her father to the MPO saying he was ready to board the boat to come to the US.

Her duties as editor of the newspaper included writing, typesetting, layout and some financial work in the office. She wrote all the English. Bulgarian articles were submitted and she typeset them after the resignation of a Bulgarian typesetter, who worked part time.

"For each issue I usually wrote an editorial about preserving the ethnic identity of the Bulgarians from Macedonia," she explains, adding that chapters submitted more articles than they seem to submit today.

She knew she could rely on past TRIBUNE editors Borislav Ivanoff and Christo Nizamoff to lend not only tremendous moral support, but also hard copy in Bulgarian and English.

In additional to other duties Dorie compiled and transliterated the songs published in the Song Book which still is sold at MPO conventions. She also worked with the Very Rev. George Nedelkoff to produce the booklet that is used at the Moleben and Panihida held at conventions.

Today Dorie is publisher of the Indiana-Purdue Communicator, the student newspaper of Indiana University Purdue University Ft. Wayne. She has held this position since leaving the TRIBUNE.

She holds both bachelors and masters degrees in English from Indiana University and has had additional studies at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee and IU. She taught English and literature at Jefferson College, Hillsboro, Mo., business and technical writing at the University of Wisconsin and worked as copy editor for a technical publishing company.

She is married to Don Reynolds a middle school teacher at Ft. Wayne. They have a daughter Melissa who will be in first grade this fall. Dorie's son Jim is a junior at Ball State University. Melissa's three older sisters are Rhonda Reynolds-Rowe, Pamela Brodsky and Lara Reynolds. They live in California.

Comment

• indigen
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Thanks Indigen.

Just to clarify, it is not an article in Sofia Echo that states this but a forum member that claims to be Tasho Alushev (not that I am doubting that it is him, but is there any way to confirm?) Perhaps the UMDiaspora.org can bring this to the attention of his wife and see what they get in response.
        [...]
        "We never had a church in Cleveland, so my only sense of community was the MPO. I consider myself a 'cradle' MPO. On my 18th birthday, I went to my ma's hometown of Lansing, Mich., to celebrate because of the lowered drinking age.

"I ended up at Lucky Bob's Tattoo Parlor, and for $10 I got a skull and crossbones with MPO put on my right arm. When I got home, Zorka slapped me once and started crying.

"I told her my dedo brainwashed me, and this was the right thing for me to do. "I'm proud to be a Macedonian. I'm proud to be a part of this organization. I would like to show you my tattoo (which he does).

"So what happened?

"My wife (MPO President Andrea Alusheff) is just as crazy about the MPO as I am.
        At this time, I'd like to unveil her new tattoo."

Da Zhevaia Makedonia! (Long Live Macedonia!)

I consider myself a 'cradle' MPO.
        You should realise what kind of "Macedonian" that is by now!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

There's nothing about Bulgarians in that text though.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Take a close look at this statement made by Lebamov, i wonder how true it is that he truly believes that Belgrade still controls our country and this is a typical Bulgarian response to me however im wonder how he and His brother Ivan have links so high up in the US administration especially during the critical 90s when our country was in danger of collapse.

Капитал: Што се случуваше на релација Република Македонија и МПО во последните петнаесет години?
            Лебамоф: Откако Македонија стана независна држава имаше два до три значајни настани. Едниот беше доаѓањето на МПО од Торонто на Ѓорѓи Младенов на средба со Киро Глигоров, како средба преку некои нивни стари заеднички пријатели, која беше трагично неуспешна средба. Оти групата од Торонто му забележа на Глигоров за предавство на неговите бугарски национални чувства и на неговото семејство и поддржување на македонското писмо и јазик, што не беше среќна варијанта за успешен состанок.

Втората верзија беше доаѓањето на Иван Лебамов, мојот брат, претседател на МПО, една блескава личност во Организацијата и личен пријател на многу американски државници и политичари. Пријател на Ричард Холбрук. Тие не беа примени од Глигоров и покрај личните и сериозни интервенции, за што му благодариме на сега веќе покојниот Илија Милчин.

Грешка беше што Киро Глигоров не го прими Иван Лебамов. Мислам дека ако поразговараа ќе се променеше еден дел на американската надворешна политика кон Македонија во тој период 1994 година, кога и Холбрук беше активен, и дека позициите на македонизмот ќе беа подобро забележани во САД и подобро сочувани, нормално, отколку што денес тоа го прави македонската официјална политика. Тоа време можеби беше клучното. Засекогаш загубено за Македонија.

Грешка беше на Иван Лебамов што воопшто бараше прием кај Глигоров. Знаете тој е рангиран многу високо во американското општество. Само да ви кажам дека беше потпретседател на американската Асоцијација на адвокатите со 350 илјади членови, а замислете бараше прием кај еден државник на речиси распадната држава, под налетите на надворешниот и внатрешниот непријател.

Иван Лебамов е човек кој што лично се познава со секој гувернер на Индијана која има шест милиони луѓе. Јас кај сите гувернери на Мичиген и на Луизијана влегувам удирајќи со клоца на вратата ...

Македонските политичари едноставно не можат да се ослободат од наследството на минатото. Ве уверувам дека тие не сонуваат за патот кон Европа. Тие сеуште мислат дека најлесен начин на управување е да добиваат мислења или наредби од Белград. Затоа се прават споменици на Тито, всушност се чека тој да воскресне и ќе има кредити. Ќе има џабе лапачка. Но, да ви кажам дека американското општество и официјална политика добро знае кој беше Тито.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• indigen
              • May 2009

So?

If you learn about what the MPO was like and under whose direction it operated during Tasho Alusheff's "MPO cradle" days, you will not need to see "Bulgarian" written in the above speech to know how he identifies when forced to show his hand.

Today the role of MPO and Bulgarian/Bulgaroman cadres/operatives for infiltration (and deconstruction) of Macedonian society and state structures needs to be, and generally is, masked and has long-term objectives. The main thrust is to subvert the already weak national identity of Macedonians by implanting the idea that "ALL" our forefathers identified as "Bulgarians" before 1945, which is not that different from the SDSM & Co position, whilst temporarily claiming to identify as ethnic Macedonians and half-heartedly defending Macedonian national interests in order to maintain some form of credibility and legitimacy amongst the semi-conscious Macedonians. That is how I see it anyhow.

The following interview with the late Aleksandar Lepavcov, a minister in the first government of RoM, that was published in the Bulgarian newspaper "24 Chasa" on 8 July 1998 (before DPMNE came to power later in that year) and republished by "PULS" (a Macedonian weekly) is indicative of how the Bulgaromans intend to, and do, operate. Also take into consideration that Lepavcov is/was considered as the leading Bulgaroman ideologist to emerge in Macedonia after the SFRY breakup.

Copy sourced from a forum posting at Kajgana Forums.

Александар Лепавцов за софискиот весник 24 часа: Со референдум да jа исчистиме нашата азбука од српско влиjание

Интервjуто со високиот функционер на ВМРО-ДПМНЕ и бивш министер во т.н. експертска влада на Република Македониjа, Александар Лепавцов, што го даде за софискиот весник 24 часа на 8 jули оваа година, е пренесено во извадоци во неделникот на ВМРО-ДПМНЕ Фокус. Со оглед дека истргнатите извадоци не го одразуваат контекстот, духот и суштината на она што имаше да го каже Александар Лепавцов, ПУЛС одлучи да го обjави интервjуто во целост со цел читателите и македонската научна и политичка jавност да бидат запознаени со политичките намери и планови на партиjата што jа освои власта на неодамнешните парламентарни избори.

Александар Лепавцов е член на Советот на интелектуалците на партиjата ВМРО-ДПМНЕ и потпретседател на партиската комисиjа за стратегиски истражувања. Во интервjуто тоj зборува за изгледите на неговата партиjа на изборите, за состоjбата во македонско-бугарските односи и за тоа како тие ќе се подобруваат кога ВМРО-ДПМНЕ ќе jа освои власта. Во бугарскиот весник Лепавцов ги обjаснува моделите според кои треба да се гради чувство на врзаност со Бугариjа, за потоа да може да се тргне на чистење на нашата азбука. Колку за потсетување за оние што не знаат: станува збор за бришење на буквите: ќ, ѓ, y, x, њ, љ, j и нивната замена со бугарски.

- Господине Лепавцов, какви се шансите на ВМРО-ДПМНЕ да победи на парламентарните избори?

- ЛЕПАВЦОВ: Според наjавторитетните социолошки истражувања, ВМРО-ДПМНЕ води со околу 1,5 проценти пред сега владеjачкиот Социjалдемократски соjуз на Македониjа. 37 проценти од населението с уште се немаат одлучено за кого ќе гласаат. Според нас, поголемиот процент од нив е наш потенциjален електорат. Меѓутоа, дали ќе jа освоиме власта зависи и од некои други фактори. Речиси сигурна ни е коалициjата со либералите на Петар Гошев кои се надеваат на 9 проценти од гласачите. Ако, меѓутоа, не се договориме или не постигнеме спогодба со демократите на Васил Тупурковски, кои сега држат 7 проценти од електоратот, по изборите Македониjа одново може да jа водат бившите комунисти и Албанците.

Независно од изборниот резултат важно е дека Запад веќе н прифаќа како одговорна политичка сила, а не како комитска организациjа. Такви ни се сознаниjата од посетата на нашиот лидер Љупчо Георгиевски во САД, Франциjа, Германиjа.

- Какви ќе бидат последиците за Македониjа од евентуалното конзервирање на сегашната власт?

- ЛЕПАВЦОВ: Невработеноста ќе порасне, ќе имаме уште поголем буxетски дефицит и инфлациjа, денарот ќе девалвира спрема марката. Етничките тензии во Западна Македониjа ќе ескалираат.

- Како го оценувате однесувањето на властите во Скопjе спрема кризата во Косово?

- ЛЕПАВЦОВ: Како апсолутно неадекватно. Прво, претседателот Глигоров вети коридор за албански бегалци без да е свесен каков еж можеме да си ставиме во гаќите со него.

Неодамна властите се приклучиjа кон општиот хор на заканите кон Белград, а пред тоа беа наjголемите нивни приjатели. Го знаете односот на ВМРО-ДПМНЕ кон Србиjа, но така веќе не може. Србиjа е наш сосед, Косово си е неjзин внатрешен проблем и ние не можеме да даваме рецепти за неговото решавање.

- Сега претседателот вели дека нема да дозволи база на НАТО на Криволак од каде што би се напаѓало Косово, но дали да му веруваме.

- На зборови Македониjа jа спроведуваше политиката на подеднаква оддалеченост од сите соседи. На краjот, нема ни траги од неа. Премиерот Црвенковски изjави дека наjмногу треба да се потпреме на Грциjа. По атентатот против Киро Глигоров и неговите љубовни афери замаглен е мозокот и на стариот претседател.

- Во сите сценариjа за разврска на косовскиот конфликт прва жртва е Македониjа...

- ЛЕПАВЦОВ: Тие вариjанти се наполно реални. Меѓу Албанците во Косово и каj нас има блиски роднински односи. Во моментот се распалува хистериjата меѓу Албанците во Западна Македониjа. Тие веќе отворено изjавуваат дека ќе се борат на Косово. А тоа би предизвикало автоматска реакциjа на Србите. Тогаш Македониjа ќе пламне.

- Ако ВМРО-ДПМНЕ доjде на власт ќе побарате ли продолжување на странското воено присуство во Македониjа?

- ЛЕПАВЦОВ: Додека границата со Србиjа не биде и официjално регулирана, ние ќе продолжиме да бараме заштита од ООН и НАТО.

- А, ќе успеете ли да ги регулирате односите со Грциjа, коjа не го признава името на Републиката?

- ЛЕПАВЦОВ: Кога вие ќе се разберете со Грците, ќе се разбереме и ние. Засега немаме готови рецепти.

- Но, треба да ги напишете. Не може да постои држава со две имиња.

- ЛЕПАВЦОВ: Jас би jа посоветувал нашата нова влада да прифати еден нестандарден потег. Да излезе од Обединетите нации и да се врати во светската организациjа тогаш кога светот ќе jа признае не како бивша Jугословенска Република Македониjа туку како Република Македониjа.

Во исто време можеме да склучиме договор за поспециjални односи со Бугариjа. Но, има ли таа модели за развоj на односите со Македониjа?

Нема. Иако властите каj нас чекаат ВМРО-ДПМНЕ да jа преземе власта за да стане Македониjа покомуникативна.

ЛЕПАВЦОВ: Постоjано велам дека Бугариjа треба да биде точка за поддршка на Македониjа. Први jа признавте нашата независност, но не ги направивте следните чекори. За времето на последните години бугарската политика кон Македониjа е целосна катастрофа. Се разбира, бугарско-македонските односи се блокирани и од сегашната македонска влада, коjа не сака диjалог со Бугариjа. Но, главната вина за застоjот го носите вие зашто вашата политика кон Македониjа е кусогледа.

Бугариjа не инвестира во Македониjа, не испраќа весници и часописи. Народот покраj Вардар и Охридското Езеро не може да гледа бугарска телевизиjа. Како тогаш сакате тоа население да ви верува?

- Тогаш каква би требало да биде бугарската политика кон Македониjа? Како да биде решен jазичниот спор коj го блокира потпишувањето на 23 меѓудржавни спогодби?

- ЛЕПАВЦОВ: Вие треба да ги оставите настрана муабетите од типот Македониjа е втората бугарска држава. Не е во националниот интерес на Бугариjа да ги приложува таквите санстефански марифети.

Сега е доволно Софиjа одговорно да изjави: Добро бре, вие сте наши браќа Македонци, си имате jазик, зборуваjте си и пишуваjте си на него.

А, за две до три години, откако ќе ги добиеме изборите, ние можеме да направиме референдум за нашата азбука на коjа ќе одлучиме, на пример, дека понатаму согласките нема да се омекнуваат вештачки - нешто што на времето беше прифатено по српско влиjание. И да jа воведеме буквата и ер голем (станува збор за уште една нова буква - н.з.). Се разбира тие промени треба да бидат подготвени со претходна пропагандна кампања. На тоj начин jазичниот спор ќе стане бесмислен.

Работите ќе си доjдат на своето место. Кога границата меѓу нас ќе се отвори и луѓето ќе се измешаат, следните генерации Македонци ќе си ги осознаат и откриjат корените. Сето тоа, меѓутоа, тешко би се извело сега затоа што нашите мозоци 70 години безмилосно се перени на антибугарска основа.

ВМРО-ДПМНЕ не се спротивставува на историските вистини. Но, не можеме да трпиме некоj да ни вели: Вие сте чисти Бугари. Сега ние сме Македонци.

- Во вториот том на бугарската национална доктрина пишува дека во Македониjа живеат 1,4 милиони луѓе со бугарски национален корен. Како се чувствувате вие?

- ЛЕПАВЦОВ: Видете како, моjот дедо се нарекуваше Бугарин. Татко ми беше Бугарин или наjблагоречено голем бугарофил. Jас исто така сум бугарофил, но пред се сум Македонец. Jас си ги знам корените, но денес ситуациjата е таква.
              forum.kajgana.com

For Fair use only.
              Last edited by indigen; 09-12-2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• indigen
                • May 2009

An academic paper reads as follows:

50 The mailling list is owned by Tom (Tasho) Alusheff, a third-generation Macedono-Bulgarian living in the USA. It is aimed at and used by Internet users from the Macedonian diaspora of both Bulgarian and Macedonian national orientation.

51 By Macedono-Bulgarian, I mean the descendants of the Macedonian immigrants who came to the USA and Canada in the first half of the XX century, adhering to the Macedonian Patriotic Organization (MPO). See http://www.macedonian.org .

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

They are obviously a rubbish organisation that could not by definition embrace the Macedonian Cause.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                    • Jan 2009

I think the majority of the people in MPO are the type of people that will defend Macedonia on everything – if it doesn’t involve Bulgaria.

I have experience with these types of “Macedonians”, they will be angry towards the shiptars and offer to fight against them, they will be fighting for the rights of the Aegean Macedonians and fighting against the “greek” lies, and especially they will fight with serbs on the treatment the Macedonians suffered in the first yugoslaiva. They will wave Macedonian flags and invest in the country.

But ultimately they will be pushing for a pro-bulgarian agenda for Macedonia. It’s a weird scenario, these people are pretty much bugaroman but think they are actually patriotic Macedonians and are trying to help the republic and its people. Totally bizarre.

They are the modern day Ivan Mihailov’s. Cant trust them one bit.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      They are obviously a rubbish organisation that could not by definition embrace the Macedonian Cause.
                      Why then is UMD as, "the leading Macedonian organization that represents the diaspora" (or words to that effect) seeking out an alliance with MPO?

I see a real danger of a fledgling organization such as UMD getting cosy with another group that is almost a century old, that has deep roots in American society and its various layers of administration and an often questionable ideology and direction.

We have seen many examples of how MPO operate already in this thread provided by 'indigen'...even MPO fence-sitters admit the Bulgar bias of the organization but have been grateful for MPO efforts in bringing together the Macedonian community in places like Toronto many decades ago.

MPO have been in this business for a long time, they've honed their skills over many decades, in the age old battle for hearts and finally minds...

UMD is an organization that seems to understand the value of good PR and has shown to be an astute marketer of its brand has shown a disturbing degree of naivete in its association with MPO.

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Indigen, There is no such word as Bugaroman, only Bugarash or Bugarofil.

An interesting read no doubt, i had no idea that Ljubco's party wanted to change our alphabet. Its funny how that Bugarofil says how the communists brainwashed us when in Bulgaria during the 70' and 80s their citizens couldnt leave the country, our people could spend 100 marki there because it was so cheap it wasnt funny. While we could travel anywhere we wanted we went for weekends in Bulgaria, slept in the best hotels there for next to nothing and all of the sudden we are brainwashed by the communists. They couldnt even leave their country for starters, they never even been to Macedonia at that time.

Phoenix, Thats why i said to keep them on a leash, we cant trust them thats for sure.
                        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• makedonin
                          • Sep 2008

There is no such word as Bugaroman, only Bugarash or Bugarofil.
                          As far as I am aware, those three terms are the one and the same.

Bugaroman is someone who has Mania for the Bulgarian way.
                          To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• indigen
                            • May 2009

Indigen, There is no such word as Bugaroman, only Bugarash or Bugarofil.
                            You must lead (have led) a politically sheltered life then because it is widely used by Macedonian political activists and Macedonian patriotic media (which has limited presence), e.g. "Makedonsko sonce". But I have never seen "Bugarash" used by any Macedonian media, online" or in print. Odrodeni (sellouts to their own nation) Makedonci/Macedonians fanatical (mani) to the cause of a another foreign, and working against the Macedonian, nation are historically represented by Grkomani, Srbomani and Bugaromani. The lexicon has been enriched in recent years and we have now added "Slavomani", "Yugomani", "Natomani", "Euromani", and may soon see "Albanomani".

Secondly, it is true that "bugarofil" is used by mainstream Mk media but it belies the true nature, for whatever ideological reasons, of what a bulgarophile (lover of all things bulgarian) and bulgaroman/tataroman (a Macedonian FANATICALLY denying Macedonian ethno-historic identity and and espousing a bulgar one.) represent.

At the following MTO topic thread quite a few examples of the use of the term Bugaroman/Bugaromani can be found: "Za Potsetuvanje - Razno"

An interesting read no doubt, i had no idea that Ljubco's party wanted to change our alphabet.
                            Again go to the above link and have a thorough read there and you will see what LjuBcho and his "golemata tajfa bugarofili" were up to prior to taking government power in late 1998 and afterwards. I particularly recommend "Raskolot vo VMRO-DPMNE" for in-depth reading and following (Google can be a good asset for this research) the characters mentioned there (and others ideologically closely linked to them) and seeing what positions they hold in today's Macedonian state/political structures, institutions and media outlets. Do this and you will find the Bugaromani firmly and widely entrenched in Macedonian political and state structures, institutions and media outlets. They are also very well represented in DPMNE (and no doubt in the Government and amongst the Ambassadors).
                            Last edited by indigen; 01-02-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• indigen
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              Why then is UMD as, "the leading Macedonian organization that represents the diaspora" (or words to that effect) seeking out an alliance with MPO?

I see a real danger of a fledgling organization such as UMD getting cosy with another group that is almost a century old, that has deep roots in American society and its various layers of administration and an often questionable ideology and direction.

We have seen many examples of how MPO operate already in this thread provided by 'indigen'...even MPO fence-sitters admit the Bulgar bias of the organization but have been grateful for MPO efforts in bringing together the Macedonian community in places like Toronto many decades ago.

MPO have been in this business for a long time, they've honed their skills over many decades, in the age old battle for hearts and finally minds...

UMD is an organization that seems to understand the value of good PR and has shown to be an astute marketer of its brand has shown a disturbing degree of naivete in its association with MPO.
                              I found it disturbing that Meto went from quite a virulent anti MPO/Bugaroman line to one espousing a very questionable Macedonian position and think that his association with MPO cadres was the cause.

IMO, Meto (and thus UMD, which I see as a one-man band and a cheering squad) has been nobbled or flipped by MPO or their sympathisers in the Mk Government and/or the diplomatic corps.

Reading the following gives me that impression:

Ima vejkhe vesnik za Makedoncite vo SAD i toa e Makedonska Tribuna. Toj vesnik se pechati od 1922.
                              Thu Aug 12, 2004

"Metodija A. Koloski" <MKoloski@...>
                              mkoloski2000
                              Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

----------------

Mislenjeto za MPO i za Makedonska Tribuna e od sekogas isto, gospodine Koloski - Probugarsko stojaliste i voopsto neprifatlivo za Makedoncite. Prvo i najvazno e jazikot, odnosno pismoto sto e odma vidlivo, a potoa navistina najvaznoto e nivnata platforma.

So pocit, S.

Thu Aug 12, 2004
                              SG
                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Macedo...r/message/3852
                              Meto Koloski:"....Another confusion is the use of "Bulgarian" language in their newspaper, which I highly recommend subscribing to, very informative, no offense to anyone here. I'm subscribed to the Tribune because I want to learn what MPO does and also because it is in English and that is the language I was educated in......

.....The MPO director said that this language is the language they always spoke, and that it is a Macedonian language. In fact, the language they speak is the language before Blaze Konevski did a reorganization of the Macedonian language in the 40s and 50s taking out the iy, yu, ya "meki znaci," and replacing them with Serbian ones...."

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
                              Last edited by indigen; 01-02-2010, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Meto Koloski:"....Another confusion is the use of "Bulgarian" language in their newspaper, which I highly recommend subscribing to, very informative, no offense to anyone here. I'm subscribed to the Tribune because I want to learn what MPO does and also because it is in English and that is the language I was educated in......

''.....The MPO director said that this language is the language they always spoke, and that it is a Macedonian language. In fact, the language they speak is the language before Blaze Konevski did a reorganization of the Macedonian language in the 40s and 50s taking out the iy, yu, ya "meki znaci," and replacing them with Serbian ones...."
                                In the quoted words of the UMD president Meto from some time earlier, he seems to have bought some simple Bugaroman lies hook, line and sinker. Perhaps the UMDaispora.org can give us an example of what Meto and the director were referring to in a more elaborated manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X