Just How 'Greek' Was The Byzantine Empire???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by christos200 View Post
    after 1204 when the crusades sacked byzantium, the eastern romans considered themshelfs greeks and the empires that rised after 1204 were greek. some historians even start modern greek history in year 1204.
    YAWN. Statements like this indicate that you're still a little pup. But even pups need to learn that barking without evidence means nothing.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

LMAO
      Muhammed Ali was Greek
      God is Greek
      the world is Greek
      Christos is a Greek geek
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Droog
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
        1) When eastern Roman empire founded, Latin was the language of the court and continued to be like that for about ~350 years and after crusaders sacked the Istanbul, it was Latin again for like ~100 years more. So, official language of eastern Romans was Latin for about ~450 years.
        Statistically the language shift began after the Illyriciani emperors lost their power and they were replaced by Armenian ones, most specifically Heraclius.

Come to think of it, if there were no Slavic migrations the Eastern Roman Empire would always be Latin-speaking and most if not all of Balkans people today would be speaking Balkans Latin dialects.

Comment

• christos200
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

julie,

jesus christ was greek.

barac obama is greek

all the world is greek

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

julie,

jesus christ was greek.

barac obama is greek

all the world is greek
            Except for Greeks them selves, They are nothing but Albanians, Turks, Macedonians.....It depends which part of Greece you come from.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Droog View Post
              Statistically the language shift began after the Illyriciani emperors lost their power and they were replaced by Armenian ones, most specifically Heraclius.

Come to think of it, if there were no Slavic migrations the Eastern Roman Empire would always be Latin-speaking and most if not all of Balkans people today would be speaking Balkans Latin dialects.
              A 'migration' suggests that all the people in the Balkans that speak a Slavic language actually arrived from elsewhere, which is false. That is why the term 'invasion' is more appropriate, because significant parts of the local population remained and merely adopted the Slavic tongue that was spoken north of the Danube.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• momce
                Banned
                • Oct 2012

after 1204 when the crusades sacked byzantium, the eastern romans considered themshelfs greeks and the empires that rised after 1204 were greek. some historians even start modern greek history in year 1204.
                Which historians do that? modern Greek "reconstructionists" of "4000" years of "greek history"? So they isolate what they like cut and paste and discard or hush up the rest and they create a pseudo-narrative for the mass mind. I am convinced greekos believe everything they take out of their asses. Scary thing is they actually act on it too, the modern greekoid Taliban. The greekoids have spent the last 200 years falsifying the history of the Balkans, Anatolia and the Levant and North Africa, the Aegean and the Med from their own class-power persepective as a rent-economy(and here I dont mean the pathetic greekoid masses I mean the inner elite). It doesnt surprise me Nasr deported the greekoids(among others) from Egypt. He understood very well the threat of parasites, secret societies etc to sovereignty. Hey some of these malakias even claim Egypt is greek. Anywhere some raving malakia people can create a stamp in their souvlaki caravan. There is an old Roman saying "the greek parasite". We should all be happy "greece" is receiving some "special treatment" as we speak(getting cluster f%&cked).
                Last edited by momce; 02-14-2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• Carlin
                  • Dec 2011

(From a different piece below, from the same book)

Comment

• tchaiku
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Napoleon View Post
                    I originally posted this on the Maknews forum but thought it would interesting to post it again here in case anybody hasn't seen it especially as our modern Greek friends constantly brag about 'their' Byzantine heritage.

Just how 'Greek' was the Byzantine Empire?

Take a look at the ethnic origin of all its emperors and I'll let you all be the judge

Constantinian dynasty (306-363)

Constantine I (306-337) - ILLYRIAN, born in Nish, Serbia.
                    Constantine II (337-361) - ILLYRIAN, son of Constantine I, born in Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia.
                    Julian (361-363) - ILLYRIAN, son of Constantine I's Brother.

Non-dynastic (363-364)

Jovian (363-364) - ILLYRIAN, born in Belgrade, Serbia.

Valentinian-Theodosian dynasty (364-377)

Valentinian I (364-375) - ILLYRIAN, Born in Vinkovci, Croatia.
                    Valens (375-378) - ILLYRIAN, Brother of Valentinian I, born in Vinkovci, Croatia.
                    Gratian (378-379) - ILLYRIAN, born in Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia.
                    Theodosius I (379-395) - SPANISH, born in Cauca, Spain.
                    Arcadius (395-408) - SPANISH, son of Theodosius I.
                    Theodosius II (408-450) - SPANISH, son of Arcadius.
                    Pulcheria (450-453) - SPANISH, daughter of Arcadius.
                    Marcian (450-457) - THRACIAN, born in Thrace, exact village or town unknown.

Leonid dynasty (457-518)

Leo I (457-474) - THRACIAN, born in Thrace, exact village or town unknown.
                    Leo II (474-474) - THRACIAN, Son of Zeno and grandson of Leo I.
                    Zeno (474-475) - KURDISH, born in Isauria, Turkey.
                    Basiliscus (475-476) - ILLYRIAN, Born in the northern Balkans, exact village or town unknown.
                    Zeno (476-491) - KURDISH, restored as emperor.
                    Anastasius I (491-518) - ILLYRIAN, born in Durres, Albania.

Justinian dynasty (518-602)

Justin I (518-527) - ILLYRIAN, born in Nish, Serbia. (his real name was Istok).
                    Justinian I (527-565) - MACEDONIAN, born in Gradiste, Republic of Macedonia.
                    Justin II (565-578) - MACEDONIAN, nephew of Justinian I.
                    Tiberius II Constantine (578-582) - THRACIAN, born in Thrace, exact village or town unknown.
                    Maurice (582-602) - ARMENIAN, born in Arabissus, Turkey.

Non-dynastic (602-610)

Phocas (602-610) - THRACIAN, born in Thrace, exact village or town unknown.

Heraclian dynasty (610-711)

Heraclius (610–641) - ARMENIAN, born in Cappodocia, Turkey.
                    Constantine III (641-641) - ARMENIAN, son of Heraclius, born in Lazica, Republic of Georgia.
                    Heraklonas (641-641) - ARMENIAN, son of Heraclius, born in Lazica, Republic of Georgia.
                    Constans II (641–668) - ARMENIAN, son of Constatine III.
                    Mezezius (668–669) - ARMENIAN, born in Malazgirt, Turkey.
                    Constantine IV (668–685) - ARMENIAN, son of Constans II.
                    Justinian II (685–695) - ARMENIAN, son of Constatine IV.
                    Leontios (695–698) - KURDISH, born in Isauria, Turkey.
                    Tiberios III (698–705) - GERMAN, born in Germany, exact village or town unknown.
                    Justinian II (705–711) - ARMENIAN, restored.

Non-dynastic (711-717)

Philippikos Bardanes (711–713) - ARMENIAN, born in Armenia, exact village or town unknown.
                    Anastasios II (713–715) - UNKNOWN, possibly Armenian.
                    Theodosios III (715–717) - GERMAN, son of Tiberios III.

Isaurian dynasty (717-802)

Leo III (717–741) - KURDISH, born in Maras, Turkey.
                    Constantine V Kopronymos (741-741) - KURDISH, son of Leo III.
                    Artabasdus (741–743) - ARMENIAN, born in Armenia, exact village or town unknown.
                    Constantine V Kopronymos (743–775) - KURDISH, restored as emperor.
                    Leo IV (775–780) - KURDISH/KHAZAR son of Constantine V and a Khazar mother.
                    Constantine VI (780–797) - KURDISH/KHAZAR, son of Leo IV.
                    Irene (797–802) - GREEK, born in Athens and ironically deposed and exiled to Lesbos.

Nikephoros dynasty (802-813)

Nikephoros I (802–811) - ARAB, born in Selef, Turkey.
                    Staurakios (811-811) - ARAB, son of Nikephoros I.
                    Michael I Rangabe (811–813) - UNKNOWN.

Non-dynastic (813-820)

Leo V (813–820) - ARMENIAN, born in Armenia, exact village or town unknown.

Phrygian dynasty (820-867)

Michael II (820-829) - ARMENIAN, Born in Amorium, Turkey.
                    Theophilus (829-842) - ARMENIAN, son of Michael II and an Armenian mother.
                    Theodora (842-855) - ARMENIAN, born in Paphlagonia, Turkey.
                    Michael III (855-867) - ARMENIAN, son of Theophilus.

Macedonian dynasty (867-1056)

Basil I (867-886) - ARMENIAN, born in Macedonia, exact village or town unknown.
                    Leo VI (886-912) - ARMENIAN, son of Michael III.
                    Alexander (912-913) - ARMENIAN, son of Basil I.
                    Constantine VII Porphyrogennetos (908-959) - ARMENIAN, son of Leo VI
                    Romanos I Lekapenos (920-944) - ARMENIAN, born in Lakape, Republic of Armenia.
                    Romanos II Porphyrogennetos (959-963) - ARMENIAN, son of Constantine VII Porphyrogennetos.
                    Nikephoros II Phokas (963-969) - ARMENIAN, born in Cappodocia, Turkey.
                    John I Tzimiskes (969-976) - ARMENIAN, born in Cappodocia, Turkey.
                    Basil II (976-1025) - ARMENIAN, exact village or town unknown.
                    Constantine VIII (1025-1028) - ARMENIAN, son of Romanos II Porphyrogennetos.
                    Zoe (1028-1050) - ARMENIAN, daugter of Constantine VIII.
                    Romanos III Argyros (1028-1034) - ARMENIAN, great grandson of Romanos I.
                    Michael IV (1034-1041) - PAPHLAGONIAN, born in Paphlagonia, Turkey.
                    Michael V (1041-1042) - PAPHLAGONIAN, nephew of Michael IV.
                    Theodora (1042-1042) - ARMENIAN, daughter of Constantine VIII.
                    Constantine IX (1042-1055) - UNKNOWN, possibly Armenian.
                    Theodora (1055-1056) - ARMENIAN, restored as emperor.

Non-dynastic (1056-1057)

Michael VI the General (1056–1057) - UNKNOWN.

Komnenid dynasty (1057-1059)

Isaac I Komnenos (1057–1059) - ARMENIAN, family originates from Paphlagonia, Turkey.

Doukid dynasty (1059-1081)

Constantine X (1059-1067) - PAPHLAGONIAN, born exact village or town unknown.
                    Michael VII (1067-1090) - PAPHLAGONIAN, son of Constantine X.
                    Romanos IV (1067-1071) - ARMENIAN, family originates from Cappodocia, Turkey.
                    Nikephoros III (1078-1081) - ITALIAN, descended from the Fabii, a leading patrician family from Rome.

Komnenid dynasty (1081-1185)

Alexios I Komnenos (1081-1118) - ARMENIAN, nephew of Isaac I Komnenos, family originates from Paphlagonia, Turkey.
                    John II Komnenos (1118-1143) - ARMENIAN, son of Alexios I Komnenos.
                    Manuel I Komnenos (1143-1180) - ARMENIAN, son of Andronikos I Komnenos.
                    Alexios II Komnenos (1180-1183) - ARMENIAN, son of Manuel I Komnenos.
                    Andronikos I Michael VIII Palaiologos 1183-1185) - ARMENIAN, grandson of Alexios I.

Angelid dynasty (1185-1204)

Isaac II Angelos (1185-1195) - ARMENIAN, grandson of Alexios I Komnenos.
                    Alexios III Angelos (1195-1203) - ARMENIAN, grandson of Alexios I Komnenos.
                    Isaac II Angelos (1203-1205) - ARMENIAN, restored as emperor.
                    Alexios IV Angelos (1203-1204) - ARMENIAN, son of Isaac II Angelos.
                    Nikolaos Kanabos (1204-1205) - UNKNOWN.
                    Alexios V Doukas (1204-1205) - PAPHLAGONIAN, descended from the Ducas family who originate from Paphlagonia, Turkey.

Latin dynasty - Empire of Constantinople (1204-1237)

Baldwin I (1204–06) - FRENCH, born in Valenciennes, France.
                    Henry (1206–1217) - FRENCH, born in Valenciennes, France.
                    Peter (1217-1217) - FRENCH, born in Auxerre, France.
                    Yolande (1217–1219) - FRENCH, sister of Balwin I.
                    Robert (1221–1228) - FRENCH, born in Flanders, France.
                    Baldwin II Porphyrogennetos (1228–1261) - FRENCH, son of Yolande.
                    John (1231–1237) - FRENCH, born in Brienne, France.

Laskarid dynasty - Empire of Nicaea (1204-1261)

Constantine Laskaris (1204-1204) - UNKNOWN.
                    Theodore I Laskaris (1174–1222) - UNKNOWN.
                    John III Doukas Vatatzes (1222–1254) - ARMENIAN, cousin of Isaac II Angelos.
                    Theodore II Doukas Laskaris (1254–1258) - UNKNOWN.
                    John IV Doukas Laskaris (1258–1261) - UNKNOWN.

Palaiologan Dynasty (1259-1453)

Michael VIII Palaiologos (1259–1282) - ARMENIAN, descended from both the Armenian Ducas and Komnenos families.
                    Andronikos II Palaiologos the Elder (1282–1328) - ARMENIAN, son of Michael VIII Palaiologos.
                    Andronikos III Palaiologos the Younger (1328–1341) - ARMENIAN , son of and Michael IX Palaiologos and princess Rita of Armenia.
                    John V Palaiologos (1341–1347) - ARMENIAN, son of Andronikos III Palaiologos the Younger.
                    John VI Kantakouzenos (1347–1354) - GREEK, born in Morea.
                    John V Palaiologos (1354–1376) - ARMENIAN, restored as emperor.
                    Andronikos IV Palaiologos (1376–1379) - ARMENIAN, son of John V Palaiologos.
                    John VII Palaiologos (1376-1379) - ARMENIAN, son of Andronikos IV Palaiologos.
                    John V Palaiologos (1379–1390) - ARMENIAN, restored as emperor.
                    John VII Palaiologos (1390-1390) - ARMENIAN, son of Andronikos IV Palaiologos.
                    John V Palaiologos (1390–1391) - ARMENIAN, son of Andronikos III Palaiologos.
                    Manuel II Palaiologos (1391–1425) - ARMENIAN, son of John V Palaiologos.
                    John VII Palaiologos (1399–1402) - ARMENIAN, restored as emperor.
                    John VIII Palaiologos (1425–1448) - ARMENIAN, son of Manuel II Palaiologos.
                    Constantine XI Palaiologos Dragases (1449–1453) - ARMENIAN, son of Manuel II Palaiologos.
                    Not even 5% Greek.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Wait, so this shit (post#1) is a product of THIS forum? Who would have thought?

Comment

• tchaiku
                        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                        Wait, so this shit (post#1) is a product of THIS forum? Who would have thought?
                        What is wrong with it though?

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
                          What is wrong with it though?
                          Random choice: Who said that Nikephoros I was Arab? Am I missing something? I only knew his main wars were against Arabs.

Comment

• Carlin
                            • Dec 2011

NOT ONE GREEK "BYZANTINE" EMPEROR!

IRENE THE ATHENIAN, OR IRENE THE JEW?

Inside the absurd Hellenization (of Romania) even of the emperors of New Rome (Nova Roma), there appears an empress called "Athenaia" and even Irene "Athenaia". However, as we shall see below, the ruthless and bloodthirsty Irene was probably of Jewish ancestry, mandated to defend the interests of the West and the Pope, although initially seemed to follow the line of the Orthodox Church and the portion of the "iconoclasts". For her "glorious" work of restoring the domination of iconoclasts she was proclaimed holy, but was later cleansed because of her relationship with the Pope and the Western Church after trying to marry Charlemagne himself, then Emperor of the West.

In 769 AD Leo married Irene "Athenaia", of unknown origin. Some historians speculate that she was orphaned and came from a wealthy family called Σαρανταπήχων (Sarandapihon). However, no one speaks of the true origin. It is noteworthy that Athens was then a small town with heaps of ancient ruined and broken marbles and impoverished inhabitants. The few affluent Athenians - most of them Jewish - lived in expensive homes all together in the same area, todays Plaka.

The "Byzantine" chronicler, Ioannis Skylitzis, gives an interesting version of the origin of Irene. It refers to an iconmaker, who believed Irene as Pardo («Χρονογραφία», κεφ. Λέων ο Αρμένιος, παρ. 2). Skylitzis explains that Pardo comes from Pardos, which was probably the family name of Irene. The family name Pardos, however, is of Jewish origin, which contributes to the Jewish origin of Irene. It comes from the Pardo region of the province of Viscaya in Spain, where many Jews lived (Άσερ Ρ. Μωυσή, «Η ονοματολογία των Εβραίων τής Ελλάδας», έκδ. Ισραηλιτική Κοινότητα Θεσσαλονίκης, Αθήνα 1973.).

Thus, the historical question remains, how an emperor reformer married a woman of unknown origin and position. Everything shows that Irene had a racial relationship with Leo the Khazar, since at the same time the Khazars had begun to embrace the Jewish religion as well as the customs and customs of the Jews. In fact, they had begun with mixed marriages. Here is the answer why Leo married Irene, most probably Jewish and not Athenian.

Comment

• Carlin
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                              Random choice: Who said that Nikephoros I was Arab? Am I missing something? I only knew his main wars were against Arabs.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                                You shouldn't have bothered the moment you saw this is from "Free Inquiry" website.

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                                This is the same Table, taken from Napoleon (the forum member). That's what I meant that this shit has spread throughout the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X