Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Relax chief I wasn't insulting you. I was simply making fun of the argument itself. I'm not trying to be confrontational with you.

This entire debate serves as proof of how corrupt and political these official churches are, under, the cloak of god. My point was and is, that if your concern, is a return to piety and respect for god, and so called "
    Christian values" then looking to the ROC (our original topic) or even the MOC for that matter, is naive.

The church, not the building but the organization, in my opinion has never been about god, Jesus, the bible, etc. It has always been about power, money, and politics. That goes for pretty much all major Christian sects.

The church and all the politics and dogma that goes along with it, is far removed from the teaching of the bible. You don't even have to be too religious to see that.

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
    I'm not arguing with Omen. I'm having a respectful discussion with him. I may not agree with him over what constitutes our mother church but I find the guy respectful and not at all belligerent like some. You, on the other hand...my Christian side takes a back seat whenever I engage you. And, if you're going to insult, then always be prepared for a return of serve.

You posted earlier on this thread:

Besides being a building used for public Christian worship, a church is often synomymously regarded as the house of God or the house of prayer. The churches are therefore a very much related concept to God.

You can't find something you're not looking for. In any case, it's very hard for a narcissist to find God. Not impossible but very hard. And, by the very opinionated sounds of you, you strike me as someone who has all the classic signs of narcissism: Grandiose sense of self-importance; Lives in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur; Needs constant praise and admiration; Sense of entitlement; Belief that one is special and unique; Lack of empathy; Arrogance, Jealousy of others; Frequently demeans, intimidates, bullies, or belittles others; etc.

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

This whole argument is nonsensical. This idea that one church has some how been magically been ordained by? God? To have the power and authority to make decisions on the hierarchy and independence of other churches.

You guys a literally arguing over titles. Who gives a shit about a title. These are man made concepts that have nothing to do with the actual practice of the religion they purport to represent.

Its like the EU debate all over again. We want to be part of a club, but the club doesn't want us to be a part of the club. So the club comes up with ridiculous reasons why we can't be a member. This all sounds idiotic enough until someone tells you that you are supposedly talking about Christianity.

If I were in charge of the MOC, I will create a whole new rank and title, and claim that it has authority over all the others, and then I would tell the ROC the SOC the blah blah-C to suck my C.

Drop the mic.

Comment

Working...
      X