• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

^^

Have i died and gone to heaven?

wow.....after reading the names of some of the legends such as Warren Spink, Ljube Petrovski, Con Opasinis, Steve Smith, George Campbell, (sadly the clubs biggest legend of all George McMillan is not mentioned) caused memories to flood and over load my brain which has given me the biggest high which no drug in the world can do.

Preston Makedonia was a huge part of my life that growing up i used to live and breath this club. From the time i could walk, till the end of the NSL comp, there wasn't a training session or match i, along with my brother missed. Every Sunday morning was like a ritual for us together with my Father and uncles, where we would all gather at my vujce's place and head off to the game and watch my heroes together with my greatest hero of all, my dad.

Now i have this chance again (knowing it might be the last time), to grab my dear old dad by the hand again and cheer "MAKEDONIA".

"MACO TILL I DIE!"

Thank you Itze for this great news.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      http://www.prestonlions.com/plfc/club_news_061.php

Isn't there going to be some sort of a function at the social club next month? Does anybody know if things are improving there?
      Not sure about the social club, but I can't see many people paying $25 to watch a Macedonian team (that lost to Luxembourg recently) at 5am in the morning.

Here's a statement from the club.

New Financial/Fundraising Sub-Committee provides boost for Lions

The Preston Lions Football Club would like to inform its members and supporters that following its last Annual General Meeting in December, a new Financial/Fundraising Sub-Committee was established to take a leading role in the club's ongoing fundraising activities and Debt Demolition campaign.

The new sub-committee began operating from its first open meeting held in late December and has since expanded its membership led by the following figures: Andon Doncevski, Zoran Trajceski, Pavle Velov, Chris Jankulovski, Jim Petreski, George Nestorovski, Chris Terpos, Bobby Mircevski, Borce Dimoski, Vasco Tanevski, Risto Andonov and Vlade Petrevski.

Over the past two months, the sub-committee has met on a weekly basis and will continue to do so throughout the season. Several other prominent business figures from the local Macedonian community have also been invited to attend these meetings and are fully behind the initiative by committing their financial and moral support to help achieve the sub-committee's objectives.

The main goal of the sub-committee is to raise the funds required to clear the club's current ATO debt and restore confidence amongst the club's supporter base including past and present members, sponsors, volunteers, players and provide a springboard to put the club on the path to long-term financial and football success both on and off the field.

In order to achieve its goal, the new sub-committee will take the following actions:
      Establish a new fundraising account with the sole purpose of clearing the club's outstanding ATO debt as soon as possible;
      Continue the Debt Demolition campaign with the support of the entire Macedonian community, local businesses, past and present club sponsors and community organisations;
      Provide regular financial reports and updates on financial contributions and other income generated by the sub-committee for the fundraising account;
      Plan and organise various fundraising initiatives and events throughout the year;
      Provide financial guidance and administrative support to the current football club committee; and
      Appoint a professional accountant responsible for all financial auditing and ATO correspondence.
      The first major fundraising event of the year to be organised by the sub-committee will be announced very soon (to be held in late March) and we expect a large majority of Preston Lions fans and supporters, both young and old, to come out in strong support of the club for what will be an exciting day and a trip down memory lane!

We call upon the whole community, our supporters and members to stand behind the club and new sub-committee in their unwavering commitment to achieve our one and only goal – to give the Preston Lions Football Club a new lifeline and continue to be a proud football ambassador for many generations to come.

If anyone is interested in providing assistance or working with the sub-committee or for any further information about making donations, please contact Vasco Tanevski on 0417 290 890 or email [email protected].
      Seems like things are heading in the right direction. Anyone know how much of the debt they've knocked off so far?

Here's the facebook event for the day Itze posted about.
      Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
        • Nov 2009

The club has gon down the dupka, too much kradajne and coaches that dont know a thing. All the best players a gone, we need new management and new players. Watching them play this season made my eye hurt.
        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
          ^^
          ...and over load my brain which has given me the biggest high which no drug in the world can do.
          Billy, sounds like you've never tried Brian's shit...

Comment

• Itze
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
            ^^

Have i died and gone to heaven?

wow.....after reading the names of some of the legends such as Warren Spink, Ljube Petrovski, Con Opasinis, Steve Smith, George Campbell, (sadly the clubs biggest legend of all George McMillan is not mentioned) caused memories to flood and over load my brain which has given me the biggest high which no drug in the world can do.

Preston Makedonia was a huge part of my life that growing up i used to live and breath this club. From the time i could walk, till the end of the NSL comp, there wasn't a training session or match i, along with my brother missed. Every Sunday morning was like a ritual for us together with my Father and uncles, where we would all gather at my vujce's place and head off to the game and watch my heroes together with my greatest hero of all, my dad.

Now i have this chance again (knowing it might be the last time), to grab my dear old dad by the hand again and cheer "MAKEDONIA".

"MACO TILL I DIE!"

Thank you Itze for this great news.
            Bill77, you will be pleased to know that these days George McMillan is actually the coach of the Preston Lions Womens team who this year won promotion to the Womens Premier League. In fact their first game of the 2012 season is being held on the same day as the Legends Game earlier in the day (1pm in Northcote), but I think big George will be at BT Connor Reserve to participate in the big game at 4pm.

Comment

• Zarni
              Banned
              • May 2011

The Good memories of Preston and the passion

Comment

• Itze
                • Feb 2010

The Preston Lions' Financial/Fundraising sub-committee is pleased to report that we have broken the $20,000 mark in our Debt Demolition fundraising campaign.

We would like to thank the following people and businesses for their generosity who have contributed financially to the Debt Demolition Fund over the past few weeks:
                • Abruzzi Tiling - $500
                • Andon Doncevski - $100
                • Beton Pty Ltd - $500
                • Bobby Oliver - $30
                • Cane Bradevski - $20
                • CAQ Plaster & Construction - $500
                • Chris Tsustulov - $20
                • Clean City Services - $1,000
                • CRK Construction Group - $500
                • Done Laovski - $50
                • George Krashaov - $100
                • George TP - $17
                • Jim Tanevski - $40
                • Macedonian Senior Citizens Group (Doncaster Templestowe) - $700
                • Martin Ferguson MP - $100
                • Pavle Velov - $100
                • Plancorp Building Designers - $500
                • PLFC Sub-Committee - $400
                • Robert Kolevski - $500
                • Romanic Cleaning Services - $1,250
                • Sase Nidovski - $100
                • Sine Vidanovski - $200
                • TPK Painting Services - $500
                • Vasco Tanevski - $115
                • Zivko Kolevski - $1,000
                • Zlate Popovski - $20
                • Zoran Chento - $50
                • Zoran Trajceski - $500

To make a contribution to the Preston Lions Debt Demolition Fund you can either:

* Send a Cheque made payable to "Preston Lions Fundraising" to Preston Lions FC, PO Box 382, Preston, Victoria 3072 Australia; or
                * Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) your donation amount into the following bank account (BSB: 063875 - Account Number: 10411159). If you use the EFT option, please inform us via email at [email protected] so we can identify you.

If anyone is interested in providing assistance or working with the Preston Lions Financial/Fundraising sub-committee or for any further information about making donations, please contact Vasco Tanevski on 0417 290 890 or email [email protected]

Comment

• lerin
                  • Jul 2011

nsl in the 80s and burning of macedonian flag

For those of you of my vintage i.e. 40 ish and from melbourne. I just wanted to mention re the old south melbourne v preston days in the 80s One particular game at South melbournes ground and preston fans would chant Makedonia!! and in retaliation the sth fans retaliated by chanting fukedonia!!... Ye they obviously loved that name macedonia!. However it didn't end there they then went ahead and burnt our flag standing on it and chanting. From burning our flag to now taking it as their own. These people are a absolute joke. If you were round in the 80s and from melbourne you will remember this.

Comment

• Stojacanec
                    • Dec 2009

Excactly, I remember those days. It makes me laugh going from that to today. For eg in conversation on two occasions greeks tell me they are from Macedonia (as in Egej).

These greeks have short memories.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

i remember those days,These greeks were morons.Never mind the sport of soccer they were behaving in a way that were told to behave,That we don't desrve the macedonian flag,that the name is not ours that it's all greek.That we are slavophones & bulgarians.The greeks are the real macedonians.Those were the days of firing of flares at each other etc.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Coolski
                        • Sep 2008

it is one thing to remember, but does anyone have some video footage we could upload to youtube? That would really dent their armour.
                        - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                        - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• United MKD
                          • Jul 2011

South Melbourne is a Greek club with Greek fans.

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SirGeorge8600
                            How do you know these people were Greeks?
                            SirGeorge8600

I have a request to ask of you, can you please either remove the Greek flag from your avatar or remove the Macedonian flag, I find it offensive to look at. Given the status quo it makes little sense to have the 2 together.
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                              • Nov 2009

SirGeorge8600 they call themselves Hellass FC
                              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

I remember when they forcibly changed the clubs name that they couldn't have the name incorporated.It was a deliberate thing to stop them from using their name with makedonija in it.
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X