Modern Greece 1st constitution, a "Greek" is a Christian, 1827!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphipolis
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Goce Homer MakeDonski View Post
    Sister

Is there anywhere an earlier document talking about Greeks?
    Year 1820 seems to be year zero for the Greeks and Greece .
    I doubt that except underline footnotes ,we could find anything .
    Take a look at this older post by Agamoi Thytai

Source: Time Magazine, Monday, Oct. 12, 1953. The TRUTH will be known!

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
      • Feb 2016

Right lets started .
      First book pointed is
      Dimiter Angelov,"Imperial Ideology and Political Thought in Byzantium, 1204-1330",published in June 2011;

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
        • Feb 2016

Then for the next one:
        1)The emperor of the Nicaen kingdom Theodoros Laskaris in 13th century,page 97.
        from the link

ιβλιογραφία :
        Χρύσανθος Φιλιππίδης, μητροπολίτης Τραπεζούντος, "Η Εκκλησία Τραπεζούντος", Αρχείον Πόντου, 4/5,1933, 1-1.070 Winfield D., Bryer A., The Byzantine Monuments and Topography of the Pontos, 1 (With Maps and Plans by R. Anderson, and Drawings by J.Winfield), Birmingham 1985, Dumbarton Oaks Studies 20 Λυμπερόπουλος Β.Χ., Ο Βυζαντινός Πόντος. Η Αυτοκρατορία της Τραπεζούντας (1204-1261), ο χώρος, οι άνθρωποι, η οικονομία, Αθήνα 1999 Janssens E., Trébizonde en Colchide, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles 1969, Travaux de la Faculté de Philosophie et Lettres XL Miller W., Trebizond. The Last Greek Empire of the Byzantine Era, 1204-1461, London 1926 Γεωργιάδης Θ. (επιμ.), Εγκυκλοπαίδεια του Ποντιακού Ελληνισμού. Ο Πόντος. Ιστορία, Λαογραφία και Πολιτισμός 1-5, Θεσσαλονίκη 1988-1992 Σαββίδης Α., Μελέτες Βυζαντινής Ιστορίας 11ου-13ου αιώνα, Αθήνα 1995 Λαμψίδης Ο., "Περί την ίδρυση του κράτους των Μεγάλων Κομνηνών", Αρχείον Πόντου, 31, 1971- 1972, 3-18 Λαμψίδης Ο., "Ο ανταγωνισμός μεταξύ των κρατών της Νίκαιας και των Μεγάλων Κομνηνών διά την κληρονομία της βυζαντινής ιδέας", Αρχείον Πόντου, 34, 1977-1978, 3-19 Νικολούδης Ν., "Αλέξιος Δ' Μέγας Κομνηνός", Εγκυκλοπαιδικό Προσωπογραφικό Λεξικό Βυζαντινής Ιστορίας και Πολιτισμού 1, Αθήνα 1996, 246 Σαββίδης Α., "Οι Μεγάλοι Κομνηνοί του Πόντου και οι Σελτζούκοι του Rûm (Ικονίου) την περίοδο 1205/6-1222. Η διήγηση του Ibn Bibi για την κατάληψη της Σινώπης (1214)", Αρχείον Πόντου, 39, 1984, 169-193 Brand C.M., Cutler A., Grierson P., "Alexios I Komnenos", Kazhdan, A., The Oxford Dictionary of Byzantium 1, New York-Oxford 1991, 63-64 Kuršanskis M., "Autour des sources georgiennes de la fondation de l’empire de Trébizonde", Αρχείον Πόντου, 30, 1970-1971, 107-115 Vasiliev A.A., "The Foundation of the Empire of Trebizond 1204-1222", Speculum, 11, 1936, 3-37

All of the publishing years are after 1820
        Last edited by Goce Homer MakeDonski; 02-17-2016, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
          • Feb 2016

Will you agree that we could look together anywhere you like

Comment

• Amphipolis
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

Right lets started .
            First book pointed is
            Dimiter Angelov,"Imperial Ideology and Political Thought in Byzantium, 1204-1330",published in June 2011;
            I don't know if the link worked differently 5 years ago or if one has to register in Google Books but depending on my home or office PC I can't see the critical pages. The idea (I guess) was that this is a credible book (his author teaches Byzantine History in Harvard) and concentrates passages of Roman philosophers, scholars and authors concerning their identity and probably other similar issues.

Then for the next one:
            1)The emperor of the Nicaen kingdom Theodoros Laskaris in 13th century,page 97.
            from the link

ιβλιογραφία :
            Χρύσανθος Φιλιππίδης, μητροπολίτης Τραπεζούντος, "Η Εκκλησία Τραπεζούντος", Αρχείον Πόντου, 4/5,1933, 1-1.070 Winfield D., Bryer A., The Byzantine Monuments and Topography of the Pontos, 1 (With Maps and Plans by R. Anderson, and Drawings by J.Winfield), Birmingham 1985, Dumbarton Oaks Studies 20 Λυμπερόπουλος Β.Χ., Ο Βυζαντινός Πόντος. Η Αυτοκρατορία της Τραπεζούντας (1204-1261), ο χώρος, οι άνθρωποι, η οικονομία, Αθήνα 1999 Janssens E., Trébizonde en Colchide, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles 1969, Travaux de la Faculté de Philosophie et Lettres XL Miller W., Trebizond. The Last Greek Empire of the Byzantine Era, 1204-1461, London 1926 Γεωργιάδης Θ. (επιμ.), Εγκυκλοπαίδεια του Ποντιακού Ελληνισμού. Ο Πόντος. Ιστορία, Λαογραφία και Πολιτισμός 1-5, Θεσσαλονίκη 1988-1992 Σαββίδης Α., Μελέτες Βυζαντινής Ιστορίας 11ου-13ου αιώνα, Αθήνα 1995 Λαμψίδης Ο., "Περί την ίδρυση του κράτους των Μεγάλων Κομνηνών", Αρχείον Πόντου, 31, 1971- 1972, 3-18 Λαμψίδης Ο., "Ο ανταγωνισμός μεταξύ των κρατών της Νίκαιας και των Μεγάλων Κομνηνών διά την κληρονομία της βυζαντινής ιδέας", Αρχείον Πόντου, 34, 1977-1978, 3-19 Νικολούδης Ν., "Αλέξιος Δ' Μέγας Κομνηνός", Εγκυκλοπαιδικό Προσωπογραφικό Λεξικό Βυζαντινής Ιστορίας και Πολιτισμού 1, Αθήνα 1996, 246 Σαββίδης Α., "Οι Μεγάλοι Κομνηνοί του Πόντου και οι Σελτζούκοι του Rûm (Ικονίου) την περίοδο 1205/6-1222. Η διήγηση του Ibn Bibi για την κατάληψη της Σινώπης (1214)", Αρχείον Πόντου, 39, 1984, 169-193 Brand C.M., Cutler A., Grierson P., "Alexios I Komnenos", Kazhdan, A., The Oxford Dictionary of Byzantium 1, New York-Oxford 1991, 63-64 Kuršanskis M., "Autour des sources georgiennes de la fondation de l’empire de Trébizonde", Αρχείον Πόντου, 30, 1970-1971, 107-115 Vasiliev A.A., "The Foundation of the Empire of Trebizond 1204-1222", Speculum, 11, 1936, 3-37

All of the publishing years are after 1820
            I can't see the meaning of this post. You found a random webpage about Theodoros Laskaris (with very limited content actually) and you complain that it's references are secondary.

Regarding the originals, e.g. for Theodoros Laskaris an emperor-scholar who wrote several books and letters this is one of the best links I could find. It is in English (you can click next page) and there's both a synopsis of his writings and at the end (around page 246) a description and pictures of the survived codes.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
              • Feb 2016

What I am saying is that in all the publishing after year 1820 A.D
              we well read for Greeks and Greece .
              Before 1820 a.d. We well not read about Greeks and Greece no where at not one single book.
              Not that I am I doing divisions of primarily or secondary sources .
              But here what is my point .Publishing date is what I am focused at.
              Searching the reference numerated with no:1 at the text from the link you are providing and it is "The History of George Akropolites", I have reach this google results :
              At year 2007 author Ruth Macrides will write a book for
              George Akropolites, and his Warfares in 13th of century in Byzantium.
              Ref. we are meeting are at the page bottom

Ruth Macrides ,"George Akropolites: The History, Introduction, translation and commentary, (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007).
              Link is here.
              Last edited by Goce Homer MakeDonski; 02-18-2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                • Feb 2016

Then regarding your advice I did click for the next page at Jstor.org on line library and this is what has appeared at the front of me.

"Mary Magdalene between East and West: Cult and Image, Relics and Politics in the Late Thirteenth-Century Eastern Mediterranean.."by VASSILIKI A. FOSKOLOU

That`s what I have got does not means that someone else will get, because I am not an on line member over there, and might are some kind of restricted nonmembers areas .
                Last edited by Goce Homer MakeDonski; 02-18-2016, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Then regarding your advice I did click for the next page at Jstor.org on line library and this is what has appeared at the front of me.

"Mary Magdalene between East and West: Cult and Image, Relics and Politics in the Late Thirteenth-Century Eastern Mediterranean.."by VASSILIKI A. FOSKOLOU

That`s what I have got does not means that someone else will get, because I am not an on line member over there, and might are some kind of restricted nonmembers areas .
                  You must go to pages 237-269 ("The Moral Pieces by Theodore Laskaris II" by Dimiter Angelov). If it's not visible, try an academic or library PC, which will have free access to it.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                    You must go to pages 237-269 ("The Moral Pieces by Theodore Laskaris II" by Dimiter Angelov). If it's not visible, try an academic or library PC, which will have free access to it.
                    I have uploaded it as a pdf file here

You can click the link and use free-user (not registered) slow-download.

===

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                      • Feb 2016

Amphipolis
                      Many thanks and God bless you.
                      I will do the downloading

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                        • Feb 2016

Just did it the downloading
                        from this site

Previously mega downloading site was not been helpful to me .No idea why .

Comment

• tchaiku
                          • Nov 2016

Bump......

Comment

• tchaiku
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            C) Most of these Asians could not speak Greek
                            Where you read that majority did not speak Greek? One-third was speaking Turkish but others were mostly Greek.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
                              Where you read that majority did not speak Greek? One-third was speaking Turkish but others were mostly Greek.
                              Where did you get that? Also what constituites "Greek"?
                              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
                              X