Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 05-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #11
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Mind you these are 2 people that Trump appointed.
Both of them mistakes (especially Bolton). They were probably chosen at the behest of others within his party that have their own interests. Hopefully he gives both of them the boot soon, like he has with certain others.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:55 PM   #12
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Top Ten Differences Between the Iraq War and Trump’s Proposed Iran War

URL:
https://www.globalresearch.ca/top-te...an-war/5677742

By Juan Cole
Global Research, May 17, 2019
Informed Comment 15 May 2019

1. Iraq is 168,754 mi˛ and Iran is 636,400 mi˛; that is, Iran is geographically 3.77 times bigger than Iraq, almost 4 times as big.

2. Iraq’s population when invaded was 26 million. Iran’s population today is 81 million.

3. General Eric Shinseki testified before Congress prior to Bush’s invasion that based on the US military’s experience in the Balkans, 800,000 troops would be needed to provide security to Iraq. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld insisted on 100,000 troops, wrongly believing he could pull them out in 6 months. Bush’s viceroy in Iraq, Paul Bremer, later admitted that “we never had enough troops” in Iraq.

4. Since Iran is 3 times as populous as Iraq, by Shinseki’s correct calculation, the US would need 2.4 million troops to occupy Iran.

5. The US total military personnel count is about 2,141,900, of whom 1,281,900 are active duty and the rest reservists.

6. Iraq’s army was a conventional military force with four powerful tank divisions, which the US Air Force turned to black carbon dust. The US only ran into trouble when Iraqis opposed to the invasion turned to guerrilla tactics, which the US never was able to deal with effectively.

7. Iran can already mobilize at least 1.5 million paramilitary “Basij” forces for guerrilla warfare. This is in addition to over 500,000 active duty military personnel.

8. Iraq was largely ruled by a small Sunni minority of perhaps 17% of the population. Iran is ruled by the Shiite majority that makes up 90% of the population. That Iraq had a minority government allowed the Bush administration to make friends in the majority Shiite community by putting them in power. This step alienated and angered the Sunnis, but they were a minority and so could not do much about it. In Iran, the Shiite majority would mount a massive struggle against the US invaders.

9. Bush found international allies for his war on Iraq, including Britain and Spain. No one in Western Europe would join Trump in a war with Iran, making the US isolated and causing it to look like a unilateralist bully.

10. Whereas Iraq’s neighbors– Turkey, Iran and Saudi Arabia in particular– had been mauled by Saddam and so did not strongly oppose Bush’s invasion, Shiite Iraqis, many Syrians, the Hazaras of Afghanistan, and the some 40 million Shiites of Pakistan would support Iran.

Last edited by Carlin15; 05-19-2019 at 12:06 AM.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:05 PM   #13
Pelagonija

Pelagonija is on a distinguished road

War is good for business, US is approving 8 billion dollars of weapon sales to Saudi due to “rising tensions”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48404923
Pelagonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:26 PM   #14
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Things are in motion on several "fronts", i.e. Huawei ban.

Earlier this week, Trump described the Chinese firm as “very dangerous” when it comes to security.

URL:
https://www.slashgear.com/the-realit...ding-24577932/
Old 05-24-2019, 11:05 PM   #15
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post
Things are in motion on several "fronts", i.e. Huawei ban.

Earlier this week, Trump described the Chinese firm as “very dangerous” when it comes to security.

URL:
https://www.slashgear.com/the-realit...ding-24577932/
China is not a liberal democracy. Huawei is a future threat to everyone. How can anyone feel assured that there aren't going to be back doors implemented into their 5g networks that they will be installing potentially all over the world. In the western world our companies function independently from the government. Look at how Apple refused to allow access to its phones to the FBI, CIA, and NSA. Even if it wanted to do we really believe that Huawei could reject the Chinese government should it make such a request of them.

It is exactly a scenario like this that highlights the importance of promoting democracy around the world. In an ideal world there wouldn't be a need to be so apprehensive towards Huawei. What a loos not only for Huawei as a company who obviously has a technological advantage, but its also a loss for the world that will lag behind because they can't trust Chinese companies with their security.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:36 PM   #16
Carlin15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
China is not a liberal democracy. Huawei is a future threat to everyone. How can anyone feel assured that there aren't going to be back doors implemented into their 5g networks that they will be installing potentially all over the world. In the western world our companies function independently from the government. Look at how Apple refused to allow access to its phones to the FBI, CIA, and NSA. Even if it wanted to do we really believe that Huawei could reject the Chinese government should it make such a request of them.

It is exactly a scenario like this that highlights the importance of promoting democracy around the world. In an ideal world there wouldn't be a need to be so apprehensive towards Huawei. What a loos not only for Huawei as a company who obviously has a technological advantage, but its also a loss for the world that will lag behind because they can't trust Chinese companies with their security.
I think you're naive my friend. I may be wrong but I feel that the "threat" is overblown - it seems to be mostly about the new "cold war" & trade war between China and U.S. I realize that China is not a liberal democracy, but U.S. being a democracy hasn't stopped its govt. agencies to pursue their goals and interests.

As far as the tech angle goes, even if Apple, for example, refused to allow access to its phones to the FBI, CIA, and NSA, what makes you think - or gives you the assurance - that FBI/CIA/NSA won't "access" these phones anyway? According to WikiLeaks release from 2017 televisions, smartphones and even anti-virus software are all vulnerable to CIA hacking. The capabilities described include recording the sounds, images and the private text messages of users, even when they resort to encrypted apps to communicate.

So, even if Huawei could theoretically "reject" the Chinese government it would be irrelevant because in the end any company would be forced to "cooperate". I wonder what would happen to Apple or Google if they actively worked against the national interests of U.S.

Google’s true origin partly lies in CIA and NSA research grants for mass surveillance:
https://qz.com/1145669/googles-true-...-surveillance/

Emails reveal close Google relationship with NSA:
http://america.aljazeera.com/article...ef-google.html

Google has been a military-intel contractor from the very beginning:
https://surveillancevalley.com/blog/...very-beginning

WikiLeaks: The CIA is using popular TVs, smartphones and cars to spy on their owners:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e47e6f621404

CIA 'tried to crack security of Apple devices':
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-apple-devices

'State of Surveillance' with Edward Snowden and Shane Smith (VICE on HBO: Season 4, Episode 13):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucRWyGKBVzo

Last edited by Carlin15; 05-24-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:08 AM   #17
Pelagonija

Pelagonija is on a distinguished road

America is farked. Speaking of Apple they pay fark all tax from profits in Australia. Ffs Hillary Clinton had her own email server in her toilet and the us is worried about hauwai. It all comes down to the dollar. Dont be fooled by the smoke
Pelagonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:27 PM   #18
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post
I think you're naive my friend. I may be wrong but I feel that the "threat" is overblown - it seems to be mostly about the new "cold war" & trade war between China and U.S. I realize that China is not a liberal democracy, but U.S. being a democracy hasn't stopped its govt. agencies to pursue their goals and interests.

As far as the tech angle goes, even if Apple, for example, refused to allow access to its phones to the FBI, CIA, and NSA, what makes you think - or gives you the assurance - that FBI/CIA/NSA won't "access" these phones anyway? According to WikiLeaks release from 2017 televisions, smartphones and even anti-virus software are all vulnerable to CIA hacking. The capabilities described include recording the sounds, images and the private text messages of users, even when they resort to encrypted apps to communicate.

So, even if Huawei could theoretically "reject" the Chinese government it would be irrelevant because in the end any company would be forced to "cooperate". I wonder what would happen to Apple or Google if they actively worked against the national interests of U.S.

Google’s true origin partly lies in CIA and NSA research grants for mass surveillance:
https://qz.com/1145669/googles-true-...-surveillance/

Emails reveal close Google relationship with NSA:
http://america.aljazeera.com/article...ef-google.html

Google has been a military-intel contractor from the very beginning:
https://surveillancevalley.com/blog/...very-beginning

WikiLeaks: The CIA is using popular TVs, smartphones and cars to spy on their owners:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e47e6f621404

CIA 'tried to crack security of Apple devices':
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-apple-devices

'State of Surveillance' with Edward Snowden and Shane Smith (VICE on HBO: Season 4, Episode 13):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucRWyGKBVzo
I think its naive to think that Chinese companies are not or wouldn't be under the thumb of the regime at the drop of a hat.

The American intelligence agencies demanded Apple show them how to hack into an Iphone after the Boston bombing. Apple refused. If they could have just hacked into the Iphone then why were they begging Apple to show them how?

Most of the Chinese companies are directly controlled or funded by the government. How is that the same thing?

The only way that they could force tech companies to divulge information is if the laws were changed. In civilized societies we live by laws not whims.

I don't need to be worried about it. All of the Australians need to be worried with China breathing down their collective neck and buying up their country at record levels.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:09 PM   #19
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The American intelligence agencies demanded Apple show them how to hack into an Iphone after the Boston bombing. Apple refused. If they could have just hacked into the Iphone then why were they begging Apple to show them how?
Yet China insisted on the data servers for Apple be located in China for the Chinese iOS/MacOS users. I am very sure the Chinese can access the data (not that it matters, because everyone uses WeChat and everyone knows China reads everything they say).

I know China better than the majority of foreigners I think. To think the Chinese government is as naive as the rest of the world is a grave mistake. They have purpose and commitment and they will absolutely tear this world apart (along with themselves) if their power remains unchecked. Trump is the only person who has even tried to give them a little stick in the last 20 years and it is shaking all corners of the globe.

I enjoy this guy because his opinions are usually quite precise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2fUGBQDMQ
It is interesting watching his enthusiasm for China decrease as the years roll on. I think this video will probably mean his time is up in China!

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:54 PM   #20
Gocka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
Yet China insisted on the data servers for Apple be located in China for the Chinese iOS/MacOS users. I am very sure the Chinese can access the data (not that it matters, because everyone uses WeChat and everyone knows China reads everything they say).

I know China better than the majority of foreigners I think. To think the Chinese government is as naive as the rest of the world is a grave mistake. They have purpose and commitment and they will absolutely tear this world apart (along with themselves) if their power remains unchecked. Trump is the only person who has even tried to give them a little stick in the last 20 years and it is shaking all corners of the globe.

I enjoy this guy because his opinions are usually quite precise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2fUGBQDMQ
It is interesting watching his enthusiasm for China decrease as the years roll on. I think this video will probably mean his time is up in China!
I watched a few of his videos. He has China pegged just right.

The way he describes the system of living in China around minute 7 and at the end of the video is exactly what I have been talking about in relation to the basket case nations of the world.

The same system of fear and resentment of the outside world is the go to formula for all dictatorships around the world. Case after case after case it is the same exact spiel. Blame the outside world for all your problems, put down any type of disobedience, when any corruption is exposed create some kind of external drama to shift the focus away.

Iran, Russia, North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, China, etc they are all the same shit. I still can not understand why so many people idolize these nations. No sane person would want their own country of domicile to function that way.

Also I found the "scams in China" video especially funny. That is the same peasant shit you will find in North Fyromdonia. That type of behavior is pure peasantry. The way the Australian guy described their way of life as being obsessed with making money and getting ahead, no morals or values, only thinking about today not tomorrow. Remind you of anyone?