Modern Greece 1st constitution, a "Greek" is a Christian, 1827!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Modern Greece 1st constitution, a "Greek" is a Christian, 1827!

The 1st Constitution of the Greek State, in the year 1827.

??? ---> 4. Provinces of Greece are all those that were taken and will be taken by weapons against the Ottoman Dynasty.

1) ---> 6. Greeks are:
    2) ---> a. All those indigenous people of the Greek State who believe in Christ.
    3) ---> b. All those, believers in Christ, who under the Ottoman slavery, came or they will come to the Greek State to struggle or to reside in it.
    4) ---> e. All those aliens, who come and enrol as citizens.

NOTE: To become a Greek, it was enough to be a Christian!

This document proves that Greeks have a very short memory. They do not remember how the Greek State was made and also who the modern Greeks are.
    Why should we Macedonians have to prove that we are Macedonians since antiquity when the Greeks do not have to prove anything for being Greeks.
    The fact is that about 180 years ago anybody who was a Christian in the Greek State became a Greek automatically, why does that not bother the modern Greeks?
    You see, if someone was a Jew or a Muslim or a Catholic, he/she was excluded immediately. Let us now ask ourselves what is Greek racism and were did it come from?
    Just read the above document and you will know why, Greek is a manufactured ethnicity.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • makedonin
    • Sep 2008

enjoy the silence
    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

<echo> enjoy the silence <echo>

that is how quite it is in here......

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

My goodness ... I knew it was easy to become a Greek ... but that is ridiculous!
        They clearly knew who they were dealing with those days .... now, well, everyone is pure Greek!
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Risto read my other post and you will see how easy it was, Rigas document from 1797 was the basis for the constitution of 1827.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
            ??? ---> 4. Provinces of Greece are all those that were taken and will be taken by weapons against the Ottoman Dynasty.
            I wonder if the Greek constitution still holds this paragraph today, if so it is promoting IRREDENTIST actions against its neighbours.

I would like to see the Greek constitution anno 2008.

Comment

• TerraNova
              Banned
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
              I wonder if the Greek constitution still holds this paragraph today, if so it is promoting IRREDENTIST actions against its neighbours.

I would like to see the Greek constitution anno 2008.
              U ve made a translation error ,which leads to false conclusion.

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

please point out the error and correct me if so..... by the way welcome New Land... so who are you? say hello to the audience......

Comment

• TerraNova
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008

Hi daskalot..i m terra nova and i am Greek speaker

It says :
                  Eparchiai tis Ellados einai oses elavon kai tha lavosi ta opla kata tis Othomanikis dynasteias.

=
                  Territories (perfectures/lands) of Greece are these which "took and will take the weapons" against the Ottoman dynasty.

"Take the weapons against" means "rise"/"revolt"/"begin fighting".

So it says that every land that will rise against the Ottomans and join the Revolution will be considered as territory of the new state.

Comment

• makedonin
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                    Hi daskalot..i m terra nova and i am Greek speaker

It says :
                    Eparchiai tis Ellados einai oses elavon kai tha lavosi ta opla kata tis Othomanikis dynasteias.

=
                    Territories (perfectures/lands) of Greece are these which "took and will take the weapons" against the Ottoman dynasty.

"Take the weapons against" means "rise"/"revolt"/"begin fighting".

So it says that every land that will rise against the Ottomans and join the Revolution will be considered as territory of the new state.

That does not changes anything on the Daskalot interpretation.

If the Bulgarians did wanted to become part of Greece all they should do is to revolt against the Ottomans, than they could have become part of Greece and subsequently Greeks as well

I don't see any difference in the Daskalot Interpretation with your new correcter translation!
                    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

neither do I, the end result will be a bigger Greece... potato potatoo....

Comment

• TerraNova
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008

Everyone who joins a revolution...shares the same aims of this revolution.

So since the aim of this revolution was to create an independent Greek state...i cannot see what would be the will of the Bulgarians rising.
                        After all maybe thats the reason why they didnt revolt.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Everyone who joins a revolution...shares the same aims of this revolution.

So since the aim of this revolution was to create an independent Greek state...i cannot see what would be the will of the Bulgarians rising.
                          After all maybe thats the reason why they didnt revolt.
                          The aim, as specified earlier, was to create a Christian state with all indigenous members as citizens. No mention of ethnicity. So the choice of a Muslim State or a Christian State .... hmmm, I think you see the dilemma of your statement.

I think it is extremely healthy for old issues like this to be re-visited. The fabric of the modern Greek identity needs to be tested. And it certainly can do with a wash. This is the sort of thing they should be learning in their schools so they can appreciate their modern identity even more.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TerraNova
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008

So..in the similar Macedonian uprising..Ilinden,
                            is it mentioned that only Macedonians by genus can live in Macedonia?

Is there any similar first constitution or smth ?

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

So..in the similar Macedonian uprising..Ilinden,
                              is it mentioned that only Macedonians by genus can live in Macedonia?

Is there any similar first constitution or smth ?
                              We Macedonians never claimed purity, we never forced anyone to be Macedonian our country today is living proof of that, all people that were in Macedonia in Ottoman times are minorities in our country today, the same cannot be said of Greece, were Arvanites or Vlachoi are pure Greeks and descendants of Pericles himself, it has even gone so long that Arvanitika and Vlachika are considered to be a sub-language to Greek.
                              You made everything into Greek, we did not.

This constitution is proof of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X