Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Solun
    • Sep 2012

Thomas Bozinovski, the son of former Australian International Vlado Bozinovski, has been called up to the Macedonian Youth squad for upcoming qualifiers.

Thomas lives and plays in Portugal and I assume Vlado settled there post career. Thomas has never before been to Macedonia, which is quite poor on Vlado's behalf, considering they live in Europe.

SLOBODENPECAT.mk е информативен портал кој е посветен на објавување на најновите и најактуелните вести во Македонија и пошироко.

Comment

• Solun
      • Sep 2012

Elmas on Guardiola's radar

MANCHESTER CITY are set to battle Borussia Dortmund to land Fenerbahce midfielder Eljif Elmas this summer. Pep Guardiola has been keeping tabs on the Macedonian attacking midfielder, 18, in recent …

Giving this kid a senior cap last year was a very smart move

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

The Macedonia Football Clubs Association established in Solun in 1923. Further ties into if the Macedonian name really was so taboo in Egej?

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Solun
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
          The Macedonia Football Clubs Association established in Solun in 1923. Further ties into if the Macedonian name really was so taboo in Egej?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedo...bs_Association
          The history behind one of its clubs is quite relevant to whatever point you are trying to make:

History
          The association was founded in 1928 and the name means 'Macedonian'. At the time of its formation the club's original name was Prosfygiki Enosis (Refugees Union - the founders were Greek refugees who came from Turkey after the 1922 war disaster) but they were forced to change it in 1936 after the Metaxas government suggestion. The name of the team inspired many regional teams and as a result there are more than twenty Macedonian teams who also use it.

The above also shows the blurring of the lines between fascism and nationalism in greece

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedo...bs_Association
            And it was straight after the then PM Venizelos said this...

Making sense? Can you see the politics at the time, the desperation?
            It's remarkable the similarities in today's Greek political agenda
            Last edited by Bill77; 04-18-2018, 04:23 AM.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              And it was straight after the then PM Venizelos said this...

Making sense? Can you see the politics at the time, the desperation?
              It's remarkable the similarities in today's Greek political agenda
              Yes I do see but the name 'Macedonia' was supposed to be taboo during this time? It was known as Northern Greece only?
              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Yes I do see but the name 'Macedonia' was supposed to be taboo during this time? It was known as Northern Greece only?
                And it will be Taboo again. As soon as the Republic changes its name and constitution wiping the name Macedonia.

It was Taboo for a great amount of time. But certain periods for political purposes it gets introduced, its a matter of convenience, dispensable. while for a large part of indigenous Macedonians, "Macedonia" has been constant.
                Last edited by Bill77; 04-18-2018, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Anyone know the oldest club in Macedonia? Oldest I know of is Iraklis founded in Solun 1908.

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Anyone know the oldest club in Macedonia? Oldest I know of is Iraklis founded in Solun 1908.
                    Currently, oldest club standing as a true Macedonian club (basing it not only in a geographic sense but also ethnic) in a Macedonian league is FC Pelister (Bitola)1924. There are some formed earlier 1918 but are currently in lower leagues and less known about.
                    Last edited by Bill77; 04-30-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Currently, oldest club standing as a true Macedonian club (basing it not only in a geographic sense but also ethnic) in a Macedonian league is FC Pelister (Bitola)1924. There are some formed earlier 1918 but are currently in lower leagues and less known about.
                      FK Pelister was formed in 1945? I know the oldest in the Republic is FK Ljuboten founded in 1919.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

FK Pelister was formed in 1945? I know the oldest in the Republic is FK Ljuboten founded in 1919.
                        FK Pelister Founded:1924 according to https://www.google.com.au/search?q=F...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Then Assuming SK Bitola (Sportski Klub Bitola) was the former name of FK Pelister (Bitola)

In 1924 Iraklis played its first match against a club from outside the borders of Greece.[3] It was a match against Yugoslav club SSK Skopje, a contest that ended 2–1 in favour of Iraklis.[3] It was in that same year that Iraklis played its first match abroad, a 3–0 friendly win against SK Bitola.
                        According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irakli...essaloniki_F.C.
                        Last edited by Bill77; 04-30-2018, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Apr 2014

FK Pelister Founded:1924 according to https://www.google.com.au/search?q=F...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Then Assuming SK Bitola (Sportski Klub Bitola) was the former name of FK Pelister (Bitola)

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irakli...essaloniki_F.C.
                          The wikipedia page for Pelister just says it was formed in 1945, no mention of a SK Bitola.

From memory, Iraklis threatened to leave the Greek FA and join the FFM in protest of being relegated I believe. Some photos got shared around of their supporters waving the Macedonian flag too.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Anyone know if this is the original (1959) logo or was made later? Reason I'm asking is due to the blatently clear sun-symbolism present. If it's the original then it's pretty clear proof we Macedonians were utilising the symbol before the Greeks laid eyes on it in 1977.

Comment

• svti
                              • Apr 2018

From memory, Iraklis threatened to leave the Greek FA and join the FFM in protest of being relegated I believe. Some photos got shared around of their supporters waving the Macedonian flag too.
                              That's true, but they don't feel like we do. They wanted to say that they are thinking to go to the enemy instead of accepting the Greek FA's decision.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by svti View Post
                                That's true, but they don't feel like we do. They wanted to say that they are thinking to go to the enemy instead of accepting the Greek FA's decision.
                                Yeah I know, still a ballsy move.

Comment

Working...
                                X