X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coolski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JasonBoris View Post
    Coolski Ellinas means Greek. There is a difference between Hellenism in the ancient context of the word, or the philosophical term, and the nation Hellas.

And Greeks did not get wiped out! Greeks kept on existing.
    It is on this base, that the nation Greece, was re established.
    Albeit, mostly from the ashes..
    As confusing and illogical as your attempt to separate the terms is, the majority of modern Greeks do not see it this way. In fact, it is still the same word! (lol)

Modern Greeks do not separate the ancient world with their modern existence. In fact, they try to point out the direct and unequivocal links in every facet of their lives. This is where their extreme racist tendencies stem from.

At your statement that Greeks are not nationalistic: You are clearly living in a trance. They are unbelievably nationalistic and fanatical. In fact, I can't currently imagine a modern nation on earth that is more so, especially in Europe.
    Last edited by Coolski; 11-26-2009, 07:39 PM.
    - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
    - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• JasonBoris
      Banned
      • Sep 2009

If I call you a Bulgarian, don't you get furious ?

Greeks feel that ancient Macedonia is part of their heritage.
      When you boys come up with links with ancient Macedonia,
      statues and stadiums, what do you expect?

Of course, there are exceptions, and nationalists around,
      but that is with every nation.

Greeks know very well what they have been through.
      Even though some do not want to remember..
      Who wants to remember the darkest hours?

They do not lay claim directly from antiquity as you say.
      That is absurd. Whoever does that is nothing more than a romantic..

But Greeks do have the right to claim their history, because there have always been Greeks around, from back then, up to now.
      The chain had been broken, that's for sure, but Greeks never seized to exist as a people.

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

I assure you that the great majority of people in Greece are not nationalists.

Greeks are parots. A people that have suffered a lot through the ages.
        Hope you don't mind that i corected your quote. Its just that to many times i Hear same crap getting repeated.

But i will say something about Patriotism. love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it. Well derrr, i think you will find this all around the world. The only Diferance with the Greeks are, Not only do they love there country, But they hate all others. Lets just look at neighbours. Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria (which you only pretend to like), Turkey. There are no other country in the world that Hates and is hated by all its Neighbours. Before you put Macedonia in the same Bracket, think about it first. we have a great relationship with serbia infact not only are we recognised as Macedonia but they are our biggest trade partner. Bulgaria also recognise Macedonia. which we don't hate but are disapointed in there local policies towards the Pirin Macedonians. we have a Great bond with turkey and likewise with Albania evan though we have there rejects in our country.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Coolski
          • Sep 2008

If I call you a Bulgarian, don't you get furious ?
          Not really, because it's simply wrong. If anything I would feel pity for you for showing such little knowledge about Macedonians, and of course for saying something stupid and hoping for a furious reaction.

Greeks feel that ancient Macedonia is part of their heritage.
          When you boys come up with links with ancient Macedonia,
          statues and stadiums, what do you expect?
          Macedonians also feel that ancient Macedonia is part of their heritage. What is the end result? Greeks use blackmail and negative politics to get their way and claim exclusivity over Macedonia. It wasn't enough that they usurped part of geographical Macedonia and committed genocide against the ethnic Macedonians.

Of course, there are exceptions, and nationalists around,
          but that is with every nation.
          Believe me, being on the receiving end and part of a nation which is having genocide committed against them, the exceptions in Greece are those who are not the nationalists.

Greeks know very well what they have been through.
          Even though some do not want to remember..
          Who wants to remember the darkest hours?
          ... and Macedonians are still living their darkest hours, mainly at the hands of modern Greeks.

They do not lay claim directly from antiquity as you say.
          That is absurd. Whoever does that is nothing more than a romantic..
          I agree, it is absurd, however I think you're wrong in thinking that Greeks do not lay direct claim to antiquity.

But Greeks do have the right to claim their history, because there have always been Greeks around, from back then, up to now.
          The chain had been broken, that's for sure, but Greeks never seized to exist as a people.
          Boris, they have the right to claim history where the right is due. I believe they are over stepping that which is realistic. While you are implying that Greeks have never ceased to exist as a people, how do you explain the huge number (majority) of Albanians, Macedonians, Turks, Vlachs etc. that have been manufactured into modern Greeks. Shall these people also claim this link also?

It is just so fraudulent.
          - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
          - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• JasonBoris
            Banned
            • Sep 2009

Bill77 You have named 3 countries yourself, and you have issues with 2 of them..

We do not hate any country. If anything, we mistrust them.
            But not hate.
            History has its reasons. But the future is ahead.
            Albanians are happy in Greece.
            So are Bulgarians who work here.
            Greece supports Turkeys integration to the EU, as with all Balkan nations, including yourselves!!!.
            Our problems, we all know, I wont repeat them..
            I hope we solve them, the sooner the better.
            But with you guys being brought up to hate us,(Mr Stevov is doing a good job at that), and Turkeys aggression in the Aegean,
            things do not look very pretty.
            But all this is ending... The EU does not take this crap..
            Those days are numbered.

Turkey again, is using you guys to have influence in the Balkan affairs,
            Gas pipes, political influence in the region, investments ets
            (I'm over generalizing but believe me or not, that is the case.)

And I have been in Skopje,(the city), and have heard with my own ears Albanians and their opinion of you guys, and vice versa.
            That is your biggest danger as far as I am concerned, and not the Greeks.

And a last point in case you do not know, Greece is the biggest investor and job creator in your country.
            If we hated you, would we even bother?
            Last edited by JasonBoris; 11-26-2009, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• JasonBoris
              Banned
              • Sep 2009

Coolski, I am hearing Mr Stevov's essays and arguments recited , and not yours..
              You will be an independent mind when you overcome your master, not repeat him..
              Who knows, maybe he doesn't want you to think..

As for the Ancient Macedonians, Greeks have more heritage rights over them than you guys.
              You can't claim Tzar Samuil, Golche whats his name, and Alexander at the same time.. Make up your mind.
              Last edited by JasonBoris; 11-26-2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

You have named 3 countries yourself, and you have issues with 2 of them..

We do not hate any country. If anything, we mistrust them.
                But not hate.
                History has its reasons. But the future is ahead.
                Albanians are happy in Greece.
                So are Bulgarians who work here.
                Greece supports Turkeys integration to the EU, as with all Balkan nations, including yourselves!!!.
                Our problems, we all know, I wont repeat them..
                I hope we solve them, the sooner the better.
                But with you guys being brought up to hate us,(Mr Stevov is doing a good job at that), and Turkeys aggression in the Aegean,
                things do not look very pretty.
                But all this is ending... The EU does not take this crap..
                Those days are numbered.

Turkey again, is using you guys to have influence in the Balkan affairs,
                Gas pipes, political influence in the region, investments ets
                (I'm over generalizing but believe me or not, that is the case.)

And I have been in Skopje, and have heard with my own ears Albanians and their opinion of you guys, and vice versa.
                That is your biggest danger as far as I am concerned, and not the Greeks.

And a last point in case you do not know, Greece is the biggest investor and job creator in your country.
                If we hated you, would we even bother?
                My goodness man, you are realy in lala land. I wander why you talk nonsence. Realy, before you go on wake up and smell the coffee dude.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

there have always been Greeks around
                  Define 'Greek' and the pertinent elements that have given rise to the idea (in your head) that there has "always" been Greeks.

What elements were "always" there, and by whom where they used?
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

As for the Ancient Macedonians, Greeks have more heritage rights over them than you guys.
                    Take your head out of your ass, modern Greece's first president was an Albanian who couldn't speak Greek, just like most of their so-called revolutionary fighters. Macedonia's heritage belongs to the Macedonians, not to Albanians and Christian Asians who arrived on European soil less than a century ago.
                    You can't claim Tzar Samuil, Golche whats his name, and Alexander at the same time.
                    That's Goce Delcev you banana. And yes, we can and do claim them all, as they are all sons of Macedonia. I anticipate your next round of fantastic reasoning to be every bit as deluded as that of your cohorts that have been disposed of here.

Let's see how long you can hold your tongue before your natural yearning for racism slips out.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• JasonBoris
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Define 'Greek' and the pertinent elements that have given rise to the idea (in your head) that there has "always" been Greeks.

What elements were "always" there, and by whom where they used?
                      You must be joking right?..
                      I mean your question is well articulated, but do you read any history?

If anything, there are so many references to Greeks throughout the ages, that I wouldn't know where to start.

Comment

• JasonBoris
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        Let's see how long you can hold your tongue before your natural yearning for racism slips out.

Why don't you look at your last post first, before you talk and preach of racism..

''pure blooded Macedonian'' (Cough cough)
                        Last edited by JasonBoris; 11-26-2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Coolski
                          • Sep 2008

Coolski, I am hearing Mr Stevov's essays and arguments recited , and not yours..
                          You will be an independent mind when you overcome your master, not repeat him..
                          Who knows, maybe he doesn't want you to think..

You can't claim Tzar Samuil, Golche whats his name, and Alexander at the same time.. Make up your mind.
                          Actually my opinion is formed by experience and interactions I have had with various forum trolls from the past. While you are hearing Mr. Stefov's essays I am experiencing a conversation with yet another neo-Hellenic robot. A robot that is attempting to convince readers that Hellene means Greek and that the terms are different (when in fact they are interpreted and used synonymously by modern Greeks). When presented with the clear reasons as to why the modern Greek nation exhibits traits of neo Nazi-ism, you begin your obvious attack.

The interesting point about your contradictions is that you are telling Macedonians that we do not have a right to claim exclusivity over Macedonia, yet that is exactly what modern Greeks are trying to claim.

There is no conflict in respecting various figures of Macedonian history, including Aleksandar, Samuil or Delčev. After all, the case of the Macedonians is one of natural cultural evolution whereas Greek nationalism is part of a highly controlled nation-making process.

Tell me, can modern Greeks (including those which descend from Albanian- sorry, Arvanite- Athens) lay direct and claim to Aleksandar, the undemocratic King of ancient Macedon? On what grounds?

Ideology? Hmm, no. The ancient Macedonians were ruled by royals while ancient Greece was democratic. Modern Greece claims to be the inheritors of ancient democracy (meanwhile it denies the right of any citizen to declare their own ethnicity. such a concept is not acceptable whatsoever).

Genetic Links? Hmm, no. Being Greek is a "mindset" right, and after the various population usurpations, population swaps and genocidal activity, modern Greeks are not strongly related to the ancient Greeks, let alone the ancient Macedonians. Remember, the northern areas of Greece's republic where most of the latest genocidal activity was committed, is where a lot of the Macedonians, Vlachs, Albanians and Turks live.

Religion? Hmm, no. Greece is orthodox not pre-christian. In fact, Greece's ideology is more one of Orthodox Christianity than anything else. It actually trumps and super seeds whatever "hellenic" ideology might exist in Greece today.

What exactly do you think you have in common with the ancient Macedonians to justify political blackmail, genocide and negative policies towards the ethnic Macedonians and the Republic of Macedonia today?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

''pure blooded Macedonian'' (Cough cough)
                            Do you have a pubic hair in your throat JB?
                            Do you cough equally about the notion of pure blooded Greeks?
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

You must be joking right?..
                              I mean your question is well articulated, but do you read any history?

If anything, there are so many references to Greeks throughout the ages, that I wouldn't know where to start.
                              If my question is well articulated why don't you answer it?

Please ensure you distinguish between the terms 'Hellenes' and 'Greeks'.

Regarding my signature, it indicates that both of my parents are Macedonians. Don't worry, I am not a modern Greek, I don't claim to be directly descended from Plato, or that my country is ethnically pure. That is Greek racism.

Comment

• JasonBoris
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2009

Coolski, The most important thing first! And this is always in good spirit!
                                Only Athens was ever a democracy. Get that straight so that you don't make a fool out of yourself when talking about Athenian democracy to someone else another day.

Some of your points are valid, and have reason behind it.

There has been genocide, between Bulgarians and Greeks. FACT.
                                We both tore each other apart for control over the region.
                                Nobody denies that. When the Ottomans where there, we fought together against the Ottoman, but also against each other.
                                Terrible times if you ask me. Atrocities? Full on!
                                But nothing to be proud of.
                                But against Ottomans, Bulgarians, and factions of Bulgarian origin.

Now, nation building?
                                Isn't that what is exactly happening in your part of the woods right now?
                                Greeks are not fighting in cafes about whether they are Slav or ancient Macedonians!
                                Have you asked why this debate is occurring in your motherlands public places and chit chats as we speak?

As for religion, the entire European continent is Christian, so are the Italians. Do we deny Italians of their Pantheon days?

Greece is a Christian nation, the 12 gods are no more..
                                That does not make us any less Greek..

Genocide of the Macedonians..
                                It is not us that suddenly remembered our awakening.. our higher calling.. our occupied lands, Our ancient roots..
                                If anything, we can say the Turks occupy Smyrna ets..
                                But we don't any more!!!! Those days are over!!!
                                they have no place in the world ahead of us!
                                But you keep saying about Aegean, Pirrin ets..
                                It's over, move on!

Anyway, lets see what Gruevsky and that American puppet Papandreou will do on Friday..

Northern Macedonia I hear. right?
                                Last edited by JasonBoris; 11-26-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X