Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Ireland is an interesting case. Much of the north, like the south, has a Celtic heritage, even after Protestants were settled there from England and Scotland. At the end of the day, Ireland is ONE island, and the fact that it is divided because of a minority (that doesn't come close in comparison to the majority in numbers) is a disgraceful stain on the UK.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      TM, from which book are these photos?
      The first two pictures are from Mark Mazower's "Salonica, City of Ghosts' and the last picture is from Alexander Hidden's "The Ottoman Dynasty".
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Does it give a year for the photos?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

The grks can't even decide who they are it's a midlife identity crisis.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Does it give a year for the photos?
            No it doesn't SoM.
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

No probs, thanks mate.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

well the grks should accept the fact that they ain't so pure & have to get used to their albanian roots.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

How many Albanians are employed in ROM's military today ? Are we to deduce there are no Macedonians due to the fact you have Albanian regiments enlisted ? I dont get the topic of this thread.

Mark Mazower had a listing of Slav toponyms in Peloponeese Greece. I heard it was pretty good. I dont remember the title of the book. Anybody know ?

Comment

• Voltron
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                    Creation of Greece is actually a result of madness.

Creation of Greece is a result of Turkey's creation as well. Both happened at the same time. Show a little objectivity Onur.

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                      Creation of Greece is a result of Turkey's creation as well. Both happened at the same time. Show a little objectivity Onur.
                      You meant the time when German king kicked out by Brits to bring Venizelos in charge?

I was referring to 1820s and 1890s in that post. The time when Arvanites killed their muslim kinsmen besides Turks in Morea and when the christian Greeks massacred muslim Greeks beside Turks in Crete. Thats what i called as "madness". So, read the rest of that post.

But for the objectivity, i can say that the Greek invasion of Anatolia in 1919(mostly Arvanites, again! read this thread) was the primary event which encouraged people to create new Turkey.

Comment

• Voltron
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                        You meant the time when German king kicked out by Brits to bring Venizelos in charge?

I was referring to 1820s and 1890s in that post. The time when Arvanites killed their muslim kinsmen besides Turks in Morea and when the christian Greeks massacred muslim Greeks beside Turks in Crete. Thats what i called as "madness". So, read the rest of that post.

But for the objectivity, i can say that the Greek invasion of Anatolia in 1919(mostly Arvanites, again! read this thread) was the primary event which encouraged people to create new Turkey.
                        What about Turkey,s madness? Btw do you see me refer to Turks as Laz, Circassian, Slav, Arnaut, etc.? They are Turks, simple. You should know better.

Comment

• Onur
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                          What about Turkey,s madness? Btw do you see me refer to Turks as Laz, Circassian, Slav, Arnaut, etc.? They are Turks, simple. You should know better.
                          There was no madness between Turks here unlike in Greece. There was some kind of madness between Armenians and the rest of people in Anatolia but thats all. In Greece, Arnauts and Greeks killed their own kinsmen only because of religious difference and thats madness in my book.

The mentality difference between Turkey and Greece is, neither Arnauts, Pomaks, Karakachans nor Circassians in Turkey doesn't say that they are more Turks than others and they don't claim that they are descended from central Asian Turks. They know who they are and why they are here in Turkey.

Even some part of Cretan immigrants says that they are Greeks and spoke Greek only 100 years ago cuz it`s not a taboo here. Can Turkish christians do the same in Greece? Hell no. Turkish christian writer, Karakasidu tried to say that about 400.000 of one million immigrants from population exchange was only speaking Turkish and they were Turks not Greeks and you know what happened next. They thrashed her car, broke her windows, newspapers published all addresses of her properties in Greece and US to encourage people to destroy it. She also got death threats. Am i wrong?
                          Last edited by Onur; 01-28-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Voltron
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

There was no madness between Turks here unlike in Greece. There was some kind of madness between Armenians and the rest of people in Anatolia but thats all. In Greece, Arnauts and Greeks killed their own kinsmen only because of religious difference and thats madness in my book.
                            Some kind ? Systematic extermination is "some kind" of madness ? Thats all ? So its ok if you take somebody out but as long as its not one of your own kind. Right ? You probably dont mean it, your just caught up trying to defend your position.

Muslim Greeks are not my kinsmen. We dont honor them. They were weak, they compromised themselves out of pure self interests. They got their sunets and turned their backs on where they came from. They are Turks now, pure and simple.

The mentality difference between Turkey and Greece is, neither Arnauts, Pomaks, Karakachans nor Circassians in Turkey doesn't say that they are more Turks than others and they don't claim that they are descended from central Asian Turks. They know who they are and why they are here in Turkey.
                            There is no difference in mentality. Stop lying.

Even some part of Cretan immigrants says that they are Greeks and spoke Greek only 100 years ago cuz it`s not a taboo here. Can Turkish christians do the same in Greece? Hell no. Turkish christian writer, Karakasidu tried to say that about 400.000 of one million immigrants from population exchange was only speaking Turkish and they were Turks not Greeks and you know what happened next. They thrashed her car, broke her windows, newspapers published all addresses of her properties in Greece and US to encourage people to destroy it. She also got death threats. Am i wrong?
                            Turkish Christians ? So why did you send them over to us then Onur ? If they were " Turks ". Your really surprising me Onur.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Voltron yoou forget that the greeks are more resentfull against the albanians.Macedonians have proved they are cable of working with anyone provided they behave themselves in the right way.THe greeks find it hard after the BS that the greeks are ethinically pure,they find it hard to accept it in practice.Who gives a shit, the albanians have a right to express themselves in albanian.Who is greece to tell people how to express themselves unless they are nazis.
                              Last edited by George S.; 01-28-2011, 04:02 PM. Reason: edit
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Voltron
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2011

George this ethnically pure accusation is really overblown. Who really says this ? Tell me.

Comment

Working...
                                X