• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelagonija
    • Mar 2017

2018 Orthodox Church Schism

The USA love supporting NAZIs and terrorists

Imagine the the US supported our right to self determination.
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

I suspect the USA will also support the soon to be Bulgarian Ohrid Archbishopric also. Especially since the Severedonians appear to want it.

Notwithstanding that, what's wrong with Ukraine having it's own head? It's better than Macedonia.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• vicsinad
      • May 2011

U.S. interests aside, it wouldn't be unlike Serbian news to report negatively on a church seeking autocephaly, especially regarding their stance on MOC's independence.

However, I don't know much about the Ukrainian Church's political affiliations and etc.

Comment

• Pelagonija
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        I suspect the USA will also support the soon to be Bulgarian Ohrid Archbishopric also. Especially since the Severedonians appear to want it.

Notwithstanding that, what's wrong with Ukraine having it's own head? It's better than Macedonia.
        Ahh nothing wrong per say with the Ukrainians having their own head, but very wrong when done in the name of fascism, devide and conquer, politics and profit. Further to this the thugs in the US and Constantinople are working in tandem on the matter. And further to this do we have our own head?

Comment

• Carlin
          • Dec 2011

Ecumenical Patriarch Vartholomaios made it clear on Sunday that he would not change his stance as regards supporting autocephaly for the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, stressing that the Istanbul-based seat of the patriarchate will neither issue threats nor respond to them.

During a speech at the Aghia Foka church, welcoming a Czech theologist, Vartholomaios referred to the Czech and Slovak churches, the youngest autocephalous churches to fall under the umbrella of the ecumenical patriarchate.

"Now it is the turn of Ukraine to receive the status of autocephaly in due course, I hope, despite the existing reactions and this will happen because it is [the church's] right," the patriarch said, apparently referring to the objections of the Russian Orthodox Church.

He added that it was also the right of the ecumenical patriarchate to grant autocephaly as it has done to a series of churches, starting with Russia's in the 16th century.

As for the criticism from Russia regarding his position on Ukrainian autocephaly, the patriarch said, "We are not afraid of threats."

The patriachate "neither issues threats nor makes them," he said.

URL:
          Ecumenical Patriarch Vartholomaios made it clear on Sunday that he would not change his stance as regards supporting autocephaly for the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, stressing that the Istanbul-based seat of the patriarchate will neither issue threats nor respond to them.

Comment

• Pelagonija
            • Mar 2017

The Ukrainian puppets supported by the US are fighting a facsist war against Russia. Right wing military groups and regular forces are funded by the US, these groups are constantly provoking and harassing pro Russian forces in Donbas on a daily bases with the aim of wiping out all that is Russian.

Why I call the Ukrainian church? because they are seizing property, beating up believers etc etc

The Vicar of the Kiev Pechersk Lavra earlier released a video address to the people, warning them about threats to seize the monastery, which may be carried out on October 14

At the end of the day, the war in Ukraine was artificially created by the west in order to destabilise the region and use this as a springboard towards ultimately overthrowing the current Russian government and system. The current Ukrainian western loving government is just as corrupt as the pro Russian one and brutally more violent and undemocratic.

Have a read about the 2014 Odessa killings. http://theduran.com/remembering-the-...re-2-may-2014/

Comment

• Pelagonija
              • Mar 2017

In case you think I’m overly Pro Russian. You can even read about Ukrainian fascism in western media

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
                In case you think I’m overly Pro Russian.
                I can only assume you are overly pro Russian. I see no "NAZI church" and must assume your pro Russian bent compels you to create a headline like that.

If we replace a couple of names, this would be the same as you supporting Serbian ownership of Macedonian churches. I see no difference whatsoever.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the Ukrainian church asserting itself over its own jurisdiction. Further, I wish the Macedonian church would have MUCH MUCH more balls in standing behind its own identity instead of pandering to Serbs and Bulgarians for a few crumbs of respect.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Pelagonija
                  • Mar 2017

We could change a couple of names, this would be the same as supporting nazi Germany

Patriarch Filaret, the head of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, has assured the WJC President Ronald Lauder that his church does not support any actions or calls inciting hatred against Jews.

Just thought I'd highlight where nationalism is encouraged and used as a tool to divide and conquer just like Yugoslavia in the 90s and world war two. Nationalism in Ukraine and globalization in fyrom..why don't those rascals in Istanbul recognize our church?

Comment

• Pelagonija
                    • Mar 2017

Ukrainian clergy men glorifying Nazis?

World Jewish Congress asks country's Orthodox Church to halt tributes to Hitler's army and its local collaborators

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Don't you think it's a bit rich to see Jews complaining about Ukrainian attitude to the holocaust given just as many Ukrainians died in it? Surely you are talking about a minority who possibly seek to identify with Nazis and they exist in every nation.

I am yet to even see a picture of these Nazis and I see a denial from the head of the church that the priest blessing these people was even part of their church.

Again, only someone with overtly Russian sympathies can see the Ukrainian church seeking to assert itself as something bad in my opinion.

We could change a couple of names, this would be the same as supporting nazi Germany
                      Sorry, you're going to have to join the dots here.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Priest gunned down. No Nazis involved from the following:

One version of events, suggested by the press service of Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs, is that Nikolaev may have been shot after getting in the way of apartment robbers. Ukrainian police have launched an investigation into the attack.
                        Maybe the robbers were Nazis. Whatever.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Pelagonija
                          • Mar 2017

Ukraine is morphing into a fascist state, that's a bad thing and even documented in western media. Its beyond a few drunk nazi's, look up the Azov battalion, the banning of Russian, the violent siezure of church property, the murders, banning journalists to name a few, beating a and murders of Romas.

Even the us Congress want to ban funding to azov https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...d-to-neo-nazis

It's all cool if they want their church, look at the motive.

Comment

Working...
                          X