3 Examples of 'Greeks' referring to Macedonians and their language as Macedonian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

3 Examples of 'Greeks' referring to Macedonians and their language as Macedonian

page 303

I could add another 2 examples to this list as well. But I am sure you guys already know of them :rmacedonia
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

I'm waiting TM add those 2 examples!
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

Peter Mackridge, the distinguished linguist and former Professor of Modern Greek at Oxford University, has dedicated his life to the study of Greek language and literature. His work The Modern Greek Language (Oxford University Press, 1985, Greek translation published by Patakis, 1991) is used as a textbook in many Greek university courses. His books also include two grammars of the Greek language (the Comprehensive Grammar and the Essential Grammar), which he co-wrote with David Holton and Irene Philippaki-Warburton (Routledge, 1997 and 2004).

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
        • Nov 2009

Great find TM........
        Last edited by TRAVOLTA; 03-02-2010, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
          I'm waiting TM add those 2 examples!
          Pavlos Melas - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...t=pavlos+melas

Pirzas translated emotionally, loudly, and with a lot of passion, as Kota spoke Macedonian......

And George Demetrios - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...p?t=835&page=6

Being neither Turkish nor Greek, we called them Bulgarian, but their language is not Bulgarian, but the Macedonian dialect, and I found lovable people among them, honest, hospitable, and kind.

I sense a case of from our southern neighbors.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by TRAVOLTA View Post
            Great find TM........
            Anytime Travolta.

Comment

• Bratot
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
              Pavlos Melas - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...t=pavlos+melas

Pirzas translated emotionally, loudly, and with a lot of passion, as Kota spoke Macedonian......

And George Demetrios - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...p?t=835&page=6

Being neither Turkish nor Greek, we called them Bulgarian, but their language is not Bulgarian, but the Macedonian dialect, and I found lovable people among them, honest, hospitable, and kind.

I sense a case of from our southern neighbors.
              the piece from Pavlos Melas and the source which might be useful for credibility:

“............Pirzas translated emotionally, loudly, and with a lot of passion, as Kottas spoke in Macedonian. The teacher got the children to sing something. We couldn't tell if the language was Macedonian or Greek. All the schoolchildren know how to read and write (Greek), but hardly any know how to speak it...I learnt a few Macedonian words that I say to women and mothers, which pleases them........ ...”

(''Pavlos Melas" by Natalia P. Mela, Athens 1964, pp 242)

That's 5 already.. let me mention the 6th:

"Oi Polemoi 1912-1913" by Spirou Mela from 1972

Occasionally, up by chicken-chasing, the cackle, the sounds, all of a sudden a village woman would appear and start to curse in her own heavy(difficult) macedonian language.The soldiers offered her money, and searched for whom they should compensate for the damages, and also to buy bread, wine, tsipuro, butter, cheese and other eatables. Instead they got in return the same stereotypical answer, that they first heard outside Nausa where they met the first slavic speaking villager, who answered us with his head bent down, the answer we got wherever we went, from the outskirts of Thessaloniki and all the way to Florina, it was the same melancholic answer to all our demands: Nema, there is none.

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

The whole collection translated on Macedonian:

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Splendid collection, there must be more gems like these to be found!
                  Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                    Splendid collection, there must be more gems like these to be found!
                    Well it isn't much and I know alot of you guys know about this guy but this is for the people who don't know;

Comment

• Bratot
                      • Sep 2008

До 1930 година било сосема прифатливо за Грците да го нарекуваат јазикот, говорен во Македонија како „македонски“ и нејзините жители како „Македонци“.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                        • Jan 2009

Bratot

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

What a great thread, good stuff from TM and Bratot, as per usual.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Orfej
                            • Mar 2010

G. Soteriadis is an another Greek author( professor at the university at Athens) that acknowledged the existence of the Macedonians as such.

I'm new to the forum. Hello to everyone

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Welcome Orfej.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X