X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Tito's birthday celebrated in Stari Kraj

Rogi, Here is how our people celebrated Tito's birthday there was even a Shtafeta run.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

Ne se normalni.

Comment

• Buktop
      • Oct 2009

To quote Vladimir Putin “Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain.”

Macedonians should take heed, not to forget about the past, but not to wish the same for it's future.
      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
      Our long awaited hour will draw near
      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

If Putin was talking about Yugoslavia, then he missed "whoever disregards how it was conjured is ignorant".
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Jankovska
          • Sep 2008

The good old stafeta

I have to say things like this don't bother me, remembering the past is not wrong, as long as it's just that-THE PAST.

Rogi you made me laugh with your comment, haha

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
            To quote Vladimir Putin “Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain.”

Macedonians should take heed, not to forget about the past, but not to wish the same for it's future.
            Buktop,

Do you know who said this:

We have spilt an ocean of blood for brotherhood and unity of our peoples and we shall not allow anyone to touch or destroy it from within.

Do you think someone who uses this quote misses Yugoslavia or wants it back?
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• fyrOM
              Banned
              • Feb 2010

Ignorance is such bliss and no one is more blissful than the totally ignorant.

Tito was a traitor to the Macedonian people. He gave us a padded cell and we were grateful for how soft it was rather then remember it was a cell.

Comment

• Warrior
                • Jan 2010

Being a pionir was fun, it meant day off class and more time playing football at the back of the school....Good old days!!!
                Lets remember the past for good or bad and consider how to make the future better for everyone, but it seems Gruevski, Branko and co. dont give a stuff about the future and hence the reason most people consider the past as being fantastic (even though so many things were wrong then) since the present is chaos!!! At least then the Albanians were in their place and were only allowed to do jockey jobs for the Maco's, now its the otherway around...That sums up how well our people are living...

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

The thing is back in those days it was different we were much more respected as a country and countries like Bulgaria and Greece were ranked much lower then us. In the 80s the Bulgarians couldnt even come to Macedonia, they needed special clearances to leave the country where as we could travel anywhere we wanted, we went for coffee's in Solun, we went shopping there and so forth you couldnt spend 100 marki in Bulgaria it was that cheap and the lower class went for their holidays there, most people went to Jadransko More for their holidays, while the upper class went to Italy and France.

The thing is now Bulgaria and Greece are going to teach us about being in Europe when they were beneath us for over 40 years, not only that to have them discriminate against us is a joke in itself, the YU era is dead and buried thats for sure but at the same time we lived a much better life then the neighbors around us i wont even count Albania back then because it was and still is very poor. We complained and all but if we compared how we lived then to how our three neighbors lived we were miles ahead and this is why there are people in Stari Kraj who miss those days but even if we join the EU it will be like another Yugoslavia, the only difference is there are more countries and instead of Belgrade it will be Brussels who will do the talking.

It was interesting when i went to Slovenia and Croatia i asked the people there what did they prefer and how they live now, the Slovenians were saying that their lives where much better back then because they had European Standard wages yet they payed Balkan based prices while one Croat lady who was from a hardcore Ustasha family said that during those days they would go on Letovanje twice a year plus once a year Zimovanje and now they are lucky to go once a year for a summer holiday i was quite shocked actually.

It was also strange how once the break up of Yugoslavia everybody said that people were taking loans out and when they had to be payed back the country broke up but they did a report recently and the whole YU including the 6 republics combined owed 22 Billion Euros worth of debt while now 20 years later just Croatia alone owes 45 Billion Euros and Slovenija owes 35 Billion.
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                    He gave us a padded cell and we were grateful for how soft it was rather then remember it was a cell.
                    Well said. I wonder if a padded cell is still an appropriate way to describe Macedonia nowadays.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Buktop
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                      Buktop,

Do you know who said this:

We have spilt an ocean of blood for brotherhood and unity of our peoples and we shall not allow anyone to touch or destroy it from within.

Do you think someone who uses this quote misses Yugoslavia or wants it back?
                      Or maybe see's the quote relevant to the current Macedonian situation...
                      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                      Our long awaited hour will draw near
                      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                        Or maybe see's the quote relevant to the current Macedonian situation...
                        1. Which peopleS?
                        2. Unity over WHAT?
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Frank
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2010

The Soviet Union and Yogoslavia are very different

Ignorance by Westerners still prefail in regard to YU and Communism the Soviet experience was not quite the same

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

May 25th, Tito remembered in Belgrade

Wednesday, 26 May 2010

More than fifteen thousand people visited Josip Broz Tito's grave to celebrate his birthday Tuesday in a sign of the sentimentality many feel about the Yugoslav leader 30 years after his death.

Tito's admirers flocked in from all over former Yugoslavia, the ethnically-diverse federation he skillfully steered through the Cold War era, but which broke up in brutal warfare only a decade after Tito died in 1980. The breakup was engineered mainly by the present EU with US help.

The Yugoslav wars of the 1990s -- the most brutal conflicts in Europe since World War II -- pitted regions and ethnic groups against one another, killed about 120,000 people and split the federation into seven parts.

Carrying Tito's pictures, former Yugoslavia flags and symbols, the late leader's admirers sang partisan-era songs at his memorial center in a residential Belgrade area on Tuesday, trying to evoke the long-gone times they now view with nostalgia.

"Belgrade was an important political center in the world during Tito's era," said one of the visitors who identified himself as a retired general.
                            Milorad Radulovic, a Serb who lives in Stockholm, Sweden, told the Beta news agency that he comes every year to "honor the man who provided me and my family with a carefree childhood and a good life."

"In the 70's and 80's we viewed Greece, Spain, Portugal... as several classes below us, now they are a class to us, ok, maybe not now... " reminisces Radulovic of the good times, and thinking of the present challenges.

Several honorary guards with the exception of Bosnia, dressed with insigna from the former republics laid flowers. There were Croat, Slovenian, Macedonian, Montenegrin and Serbian guards who paid their respects.

Many credit Tito as the ultimate president who managed to stay away from the grip of the Soviets, while at the same time ignoring the Americans. Yugoslavia was the only 'communist' country whose citizens enjoyed visa free world travel and outearned its neighbors by three to four times.

His newphew Joshka Broz, during a commemoration speech in Belgrade had this to say: "He may not be loved today because he loved women, you know, if he loved men, he'd be a legend in the European Union. Homosexuality has become the main critera to enter the EU." His speech was met with ovation from the 15,000 plus crowd, reminding perhaps the crowd that he is Tito's offspring after all.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                              His newphew Joshka Broz, during a commemoration speech in Belgrade had this to say: "He may not be loved today because he loved women, you know, if he loved men, he'd be a legend in the European Union. Homosexuality has become the main critera to enter the EU." His speech was met with ovation from the 15,000 plus crowd, reminding perhaps the crowd that he is Tito's offspring after all.

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/14863/1/
                              WTF was that about???
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X