• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

WTF?: North Macedonia to become bilingual state until 2020

A1: North Macedonia to become bilingual state until 2020
    16 March 2009 | 18:20 | FOCUS News Agency
    Skopje. Macedonia will be bilingual state and EU member states, students from Macedonia, Germany and France gave the idea during a simulative game themed: Creation of New Europe.
    Macedonia will become EU member state until 2020 and will have new name North Macedonia. The government would be compound of a party named New Macedonian Party including Albanian and Macedonian members. Albanians will speak Macedonian and Macedonians will speak Albanian language. I think it is a nice conception about Macedonia. It isnt unreal. It could be realized even until 2020, the German Ambassador to Skopje stated.
    I don't even know where to start with this.
    But the first thing I would do is remove the German Ambassador immediately. And then shoot a few students.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

What a dumb thing to say. It's like when people say that in the US everyone will be speaking spanish by 2010 I'm still waiting to see half the population even say "si".
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

A politician trying to pass off a fiction (this time a game) as the truth. How fitting.
      Originally posted by Risto the Great
      But the first thing I would do is remove the German Ambassador immediately. And then shoot a few students.
      Lol
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

They are using us as lab rats. That's all.

How many turks are in Germany, why don't the Germans start to learn Turkish to set the example. Arabic would be the second foreign language for them to learn.

That is also not unreal idea to start with.

With statements like this, they pour gassolin in to the fire, that's all. Guess they are runing something in background anyway's
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Giorikas
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
          What a dumb thing to say. It's like when people say that in the US everyone will be speaking spanish by 2010 I'm still waiting to see half the population even say "si".
          I spoke about this with a retired Mexican politician a while ago. What he said made sense: It's a question of demographics. The Spanish speaking population in the US is getting bigger, and their families are getting bigger, while the 'white' families are getting smaller. Seeing a Latino US president taking office is just a question of time and it's not excluded that Spanish will become the second language language in the US. The average white US citizen in the North of the US might not see the point of learning Spanish, it will be a different story in the south where he will be surrounded by Spanish speakers.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Giorikas View Post
            I spoke about this with a retired Mexican politician a while ago. What he said made sense: It's a question of demographics. The Spanish speaking population in the US is getting bigger, and their families are getting bigger, while the 'white' families are getting smaller. Seeing a Latino US president taking office is just a question of time and it's not excluded that Spanish will become the second language language in the US. The average white US citizen in the North of the US might not see the point of learning Spanish, it will be a different story in the south where he will be surrounded by Spanish speakers.
            Would you accept the same in Greece? Would Greece accept it?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Thorvald
              • Jan 2009

My dear Macedonian friends....

Please do not bash on Germans in general; that some twisted liberal German students dear to suggest such thing doesn't mean the vast mayority of the Germans support this at all.
              https://germanictribes.proboards.com/
              European preservation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

I agree. How have you been Thorvald?

Comment

• Giorikas
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Would you accept the same in Greece? Would Greece accept it?
                  This things are not a question of accepting. If everybody speaks Spanish around you, you will somehow pick it up too to a certain extent. It's a reality. If that were to happen in Greece with an alternative language, then official or not, Greeks will pick up the other language. These things tend to happen over years in a natural way. It happened when the Ottomans were there. Greeks in Thessaloniki who had a lot to do with the Jews would sometimes pick up 'Ladino'. Ashkenazi Jews, not familiar to 'Ladino' of the Spanish / Portugese Jews, would pick it up if they were surrounded by it.

Comment

• Thorvald
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    I agree. How have you been Thorvald?
                    Thank you.

Very busy lately; moving to another town, settle in, and engaged at the moment.
                    European preservation

Comment

• Thorvald
                      • Jan 2009

This things are not a question of accepting. If everybody speaks Spanish around you, you will somehow pick it up too to a certain extent. It's a reality. If that were to happen in Greece with an alternative language, then official or not, Greeks will pick up the other language. These things tend to happen over years in a natural way. It happened when the Ottomans were there. Greeks in Thessaloniki who had a lot to do with the Jews would sometimes pick up 'Ladino'. Ashkenazi Jews, not familiar to 'Ladino' of the Spanish / Portugese Jews, would pick it up if they were surrounded by it.
                      It really depends.

White Americans aren't that easily assimilating into the Hispanic language group, and Iam sure they will resist a forced Hispanicazation.

As for Germany; Turks are immigrants which have no justiication for being in Germany in the first place; concerning their participacion in crime, and welthfare abusing.

Germans for one will never adopt an language of immigrants.

Germany is aswell not a traditional land for immigrants, like America is. Thus, some day this multicultural experiment will be abolish in Germany and other North-Western European countries.
                      European preservation

Comment

• Giorikas
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Thorvald View Post
                        It really depends.

White Americans aren't that easily assimilating into the Hispanic language group, and Iam sure they will resist a forced Hispanicazation.

As for Germany; Turks are immigrants which have no justiication for being in Germany in the first place; concerning their participacion in crime, and welthfare abusing.

Germans for one will never adopt an language of immigrants.

Germany is aswell not a traditional land for immigrants, like America is. Thus, some day this multicultural experiment will be abolish in Germany and other North-Western European countries.
                        Who spoke about forced ? Spanish is already being spoken on a large scale in the US. I don't have figures but I heard many times that in the US, Spanish is the preferred second language to learn, like English is the preferred second language in most European states. I think that in time both languages will co-exist more then they do now in the US. Whether or not that will be made official is not the point. As for Germans, who cares ? Your neo-Nazi white race sympathies are clear to see if you scratch the surface a tiny bit, and I really don't understand why you're given a platform to display those sympathies.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

It also happened with the Prosfiga who came to Aegean Macedonia, where they learned the Macedonian language. Like these people below;
                          YouTube - *ολύπετρο Κιλκίς05

They learned it from people like this;
                          YouTube - I am NOT Greek, I AM MACEDONIAN!

Macedonian must have been widespread and influental, why wasn't it given the status discussed above?

Comment

• Thorvald
                            • Jan 2009

Who spoke about forced ? Spanish is already being spoken on a large scale in the US. I don't have figures but I heard many times that in the US, Spanish is the preferred second language to learn, like English is the preferred second language in most European states. I think that in time both languages will co-exist more then they do now in the US. Whether or not that will be made official is not the point. As for Germans, who cares ? Your neo-Nazi white race sympathies are clear to see if you scratch the surface a tiny bit, and I really don't understand why you're given a platform to display those sympathies.

First, ofcourse it will be one way or the other promoted by state-oficials; based on the white-guilt.

I care for Germans for one, you dont obviously. So, who cares any for Greeks? I dont

Iam not a Neo-Nazi, Iam a Germanic Preservationist with loyalties for Macedonia, but for others too, but you have no idea about Preservationism. I try to keep my culture and heritage alive, and yes, my political orientation is Right and Nationalistic, but not in a extreme way, and not Nazi in any way.

Sorry to dissapoint you
                            European preservation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Giorikas, unfortunately after WWII German or Germanic pride can be perceived that way, regardless of wether it is correct or not, but I don't think Thorvald is a Neo-Nazi racist or harbours such sympathies.

Comment

Working...
                              X