X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Well said.

I share the sentiment, as I'm sure has become apparent. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to justify spending my valuable and exceedingly sparse time, as well as my nerves, giving a shit about any of it. I don't know about others, but I have taken this roller coaster to heart. It was a cause that my father held dearly, one that was basically ingrained in me from birth. Sometimes I am thankful that he didn't live to see what has become of that pathetic lot. He only lived long enough to witness the political capitulations of 2001, back when there was still some hope that Macedonians would somehow overcome their pathetic leaders and turn the country around. Today, we are well past a naive and cowardly political elite, you have to question whether there are actually Macedonians in existence.

At the end of the day, how can you blame our enemies for saying we don't exist, we have done everything in our power to ensure that we don't exist. We don't think or behave like a distinct and conscious group of people, and if we are at that point, then I guess we have just become a theoretical exercise, to one day be studied by history majors, or more likely, psychology majors.

We should start practicing referring to Macedonians in the past tense. I for one would rather be a bastard with out a identity, than having to explain to people what the fuck a New Macedonian is.

I hope the change the name to something totally obnoxious, then I hope they never get into the EU or NATO. Then when they have lost all hope, sunk as low as they can, given away everything there was to give away, maybe then they will finally get it through their fat fucking heads that this is what happens when you don't stand for anything, you are left with nothing.

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    That's probably more true than you realise. The fact that Macedonia survived the first few years of independence and didn't revert to some form of union with Serbia probably had more to do with wider Macedonian mobilisation against Greek chauvinism than any real desire for freedom. Yes, there will always be a core group of patriots, but Macedonian nationalism (the real meaning of the word not the media meaning of the word) has been described as more of a reactionary survival instinct than some form of pride or desire for freedom. And I tend to agree with that observation for the most part.

While Greece's contrived name issue is quite the masterstroke, what they failed to realise is that their action only prolonged Macedonia's existence and drove Macedonian nationalism. If they just did nothing and waited it out, I hate to say that Macedonians may very well have joined some form of confederation very early on. I know that my own passion for Macedonian rights grew out of anger at what Greece was doing. Had it not been for that, I probably would not have found much interest in a country 20,000 km away, other than knowing that's were my parents came from.

But admittedly, that passion is slowly dying - if it isn't dead already. The past 25 years have taught me that this current generation of Macedonians will do anything to stay enslaved. What rot! Macedonia now feels more like an academic curiosity of a failed state and a dying identity. A massive disappointment to say the least.

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

I can say Tomche Makedonche of post#18 is totally right and Vangelovski of post#19 is totally wrong. Also Tomche of post#21 is partly wrong. USA is VERY interested. I will only copy an older post of mine.

The Americans and the European Union are well established everywhere in the Balkans. You should expect them to fight like dogs for all energy issues involving Russia. That’s what they did in Greece back in 2008 when they simply had to overthrow either the Greek or the Bulgarian government in order to cancel the Burgas- Alexandroupolis pipeline project. Yet, they managed to change both governments.

Even though this was an insignificant issue for them they fought and fought hard about it and won by far. On the contrary this issue was more important for Greece but we didn’t stay united and we didn’t fight hard enough for our country. That probably explains how one becomes master or servant.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
        I hope the change the name to something totally obnoxious, then I hope they never get into the EU or NATO. Then when they have lost all hope, sunk as low as they can, given away everything there was to give away, maybe then they will finally get it through their fat fucking heads that this is what happens when you don't stand for anything, you are left with nothing.
        And then I'd like to kick them in the nuts, to add injury to insult.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
          I can say Tomche Makedonche of post#18 is totally right and Vangelovski of post#19 is totally wrong. Also Tomche of post#21 is partly wrong. USA is VERY interested. I will only copy an older post of mine.

The Americans and the European Union are well established everywhere in the Balkans. You should expect them to fight like dogs for all energy issues involving Russia. That’s what they did in Greece back in 2008 when they simply had to overthrow either the Greek or the Bulgarian government in order to cancel the Burgas- Alexandroupolis pipeline project. Yet, they managed to change both governments.

Even though this was an insignificant issue for them they fought and fought hard about it and won by far. On the contrary this issue was more important for Greece but we didn’t stay united and we didn’t fight hard enough for our country. That probably explains how one becomes master or servant.
          On election day, do greeks get an email or text message telling them who to vote for?
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
            USA is VERY interested
            Lol Greeks and their delusions of grandeur always make me laugh...
            “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
              Lol Greeks and their delusions of grandeur always make me laugh...
              The greeks have disrupted the global supply of plates, which is affecting the American hospitality industry (and boosting Chinese manufacturers). That's why Washington is VERY interested.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                The greeks have disrupted the global supply of plates, which is affecting the American hospitality industry (and boosting Chinese manufacturers). That's why Washington is VERY interested.
                US Secretary of State: Mr President, we have just received intel that North Korea has just tested a new ballistic missile over the pacific which would have the capability of hitting any city on the United States mainland

President: Enough with that, tell me more about Greece!... oh and also that other country, um.. Macadamia?
                “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

US Secretary of State: Mr President, Greece has just catapulted a plate the size of a football field over Turkey.

President: Send in the 7th Fleet. And get me that Zazo guy on the phone.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Zazo .... lol
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                        ...I hope the change the name to something totally obnoxious, then I hope they never get into the EU or NATO. Then when they have lost all hope, sunk as low as they can, given away everything there was to give away, maybe then they will finally get it through their fat fucking heads that this is what happens when you don't stand for anything, you are left with nothing.
                        ...lol

Gocka, it sounds like you're still hanging onto a gossamer of hope that they'll see the error in their ways, even when the end has finally come...like some deathbed confession.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

If it is true that both camps are moving ever so closer to an 'agreeable' name, do any of the members here believe that the acceptance of a new name could bring down the current Macedonian or greek governments?

I think the name Macedonia will exist in some form of a compound name formula that will be unacceptable to large numbers of people on both sides of the fence, thus creating political and civil unrest to varying degrees in both countries.

The governments of both countries have been hastily cobbled together and are clutching at power with very little margin for error, surely the name issue is divisive enough to topple either or both governments?

Comment

• Pelagonija
                            • Mar 2017

Not a chance bud.. both sides of the border are governed by EU/US backed communists. The stars have aligned..

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

"EU/US"
                              I don't think the EU and USA are totally aligned in their interests. But Macbania is a whore who doesn't really care.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelagonija
                                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                I don't think the EU and USA are totally aligned in their interests. But Macbania is a whore who doesn't really care.
                                And its a whore that keeps on giving..

Comment

Working...
                                X