X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Constellation View Post
    Not possible. I am not a member of that forum, and I only found it via a Google search. I'm not even sure how dated the tread was.

Also, I would point out the following. There are Macedonians, even one Macedonian on this forum, Toska, who believes in a Slavic brotherhood. Most Macedonians who think in these terms are from an older generation, and long for the return of the Yugoslav days. They long for a new Tito.

Even some young Macedonians identify as Slav and believe in what I would call a Slavic brotherhood.

Some Macedonians identify as "Slavic Orthodox" more than Macedonian, and see a universal Slavic Orthodox brotherhood.

I know I will take heat for this but many Macedonians (in my experience) identify equally (at least) with Slavic as they do Macedonian. In their minds, they see ethnic titles such as "Macedonian", "Serbian", Croatian", and what not to be titles of division, and prefer Slavic or Slavic Orthodox.

I know a Macedonian man, no older than 40 now, who thinks in these terms. He traveled all over Macedonia and Serbia looking for a wife as if he was going to purchase a horse or a goat. He married a woman from Serbia he never met before. In his mind, titles such as "Serbia" and "Macedonia", are essentially meaningless; ultimately we are all Slavic Orthodox.
    I have also never heard a Macedonian describe themselves as "Slavic Orthodox".
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• DraganOfStip
      • Aug 2011

Some Macedonians identify as "Slavic Orthodox" more than Macedonian, and see a universal Slavic Orthodox brotherhood.
      This is the first time I ever heard a nonsense like this too.
      Can you cite an example?
      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
        This is the first time I ever heard a nonsense like this too.
        Can you cite an example?
        Never heard it either.

Constellation is full of shit and not even Macedonian... because he's a lying bastard he should be banned.

Comment

• Constellation
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          How many Macedonian organisations, forums/websites or Facebook communities identify as "Slavic Orthodox" more than Macedonian? I am getting really tired of your endless misrepresentation of Macedonians based on either the views of an insignificant few or your own imagination. Answer the above question or cease your rubbish on this and other threads, or I will cease it for you.
          I do not know of any. I am not denying Macedonians identify as Macedonian. All I'm saying is that in my experience, especially among the older generation, there are people who identify more with Yugoslavia than Macedonia, and with Slavic Orthodox than being Macedonian.

We all know that in the past, certain Macedonian politicians (Kiro Gligorov, Gyordan Veselinov, etc) have expressed the same thing: the ignorant belief that we are not Macedonians, but descendants of Slavs. They associate as southern Slavs, and Slavic Orthodox. This strain of thought exists in Macedonia. It should not. But it does.

My purpose is not to misrepresent Macedonians. And I do not believe I am misrepresenting Macedonians. I cannot speak of all Macedonians. I can only speak of my experiences.

Macedonia has been under occupation for centuries. Their ethnicity has been determined by foreigners. The traditional chronology of history places our heritage as Slavs, descendants of Slavs. Our name and identity has been denied by foreigners. So it is no surprise that people have been brainwashed into this mentality and accept titles as Slavic and Slavic Orthodox more than Macedonian.

I am not stating this is true with all Macedonians. It is not. I am speaking of my experiences.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

I do not know of any.
            Of course not.
            We all know that in the past, certain Macedonian politicians (Kiro Gligorov, Gyordan Veselinov, etc) have expressed the same thing: the ignorant belief that we are not Macedonians, but descendants of Slavs. They associate as southern Slavs, and Slavic Orthodox.
            There is a difference between who people think their ancestors were from over a thousand years ago and how they identify as a nation. Gligorov and Veselinov still identified as Macedonians, irrespective of their deluded views on Macedonian origins.
            I am not stating this is true with all Macedonians. It is not. I am speaking of my experiences.
            We're done with your habitual reference to the same rubbish. I suggest you search for other topics to discuss. You've reached the end of the line with this one, and if you pursue it, you will be gone from here. That's your cue to pull your head in.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Nikolaj
              • Aug 2014

Macedonia has been under occupation for centuries. Their ethnicity has been determined by foreigners.
              So have our neighbors, why would such principle not hold for them too? There are many people of that time who had completely different views to Kiro Gligorov.

I can easily tell you of all my family friends and family, they and we have been classifying ourselves as Macedonian Orthodox for generations as far as I have knowledge of, and never the term 'Slavic Orthodox' has been plaid.

I'd like you to try find a single Macedonian on Facebook who has 'Slavic Orthodox' as their religious views.

I have no issue with you Constellation as I like how you aren't biased because you like to cover all holes. However, neither are we because we show no negative agenda, and it seems as though you do. Lets just say your views on certain things are as if you have never affiliated with a single Macedonian person. It feels as though you are putting words in the Macedonian peoples mouths which are sometimes, absurd.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

constellation you are just speculating.You are leaning towards serb propaganda.Kiro gligorov
                was a kind of a serb .A professor of economics under the serb pay.He advocated probably for macedonia to stick with serbia.The old communist beleif of togetherness.Funny that only a serb would expound the old yugoslav propaganda.Constellation i'll tell it to you maybe it may quiten you.The yugoslav brainwashing propaganda was a heavy duty dogma telling macedonians to take glory of being yugoslavs or just slavs that is supposed to be their glorius past .Than taking glory out of being Macedonian.THats why the greeks love the serbs cause they reinforce the old slavic and then the state called yugoslav.Macedonian identity had been almost eradicated.Constellation if your a serb this would be like at home for you.Thats what the serbs beleive that they are superior to macedonians and they can tell their macedonians that they are slavs hence yugoslav.Also constellation others did not determine who macedonians are its stupid people who swallowed yugoslav propaganda wholesale hook line,and sinker.Who in their right minds would say we are no macedonians thi is yugoslav propaganda.Constellation stop your incessant posting about macedonians being slavs they are not.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                X