Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

To be fair, Ireland is really doing the "EU thing" largely on their own terms. And doing it well.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Sarafot
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
      The map wasn't to prove anything about Macedonia, but to lighten up a bit the question about "Turks" "Albanians" and "Muslim Macedonians" in Macedonia region.

I would add that apart from the original Turks who migrated after 14th century to the whole region,from time to time as "Turks" were considered the muslim Greeks (Vallaades -in Aliakmon valley-Grevena)exchanged in 1923 as "Turks", the Pomaks(Muslim Bulgarians) and Muslim Macedonians of Karajova.

Do you really want to mix things up once again...about who was majority,and why there arent Macedonians in the map,and about Greeks...and and so on....and destroy the thread ??
      I would add that apart from the original Turks who migrated after 14th century to the whole region,from time to time as "Turks" were considered the muslim Greeks (Vallaades -in Aliakmon valley-Grevena)exchanged in 1923 as "Turks", the Pomaks(Muslim Bulgarians) and Muslim Macedonians of Karajova.

Do you really want to mix things up once again...about who was majority,and why there arent Macedonians in the map,and about Greeks...and and so on....and destroy the thread ??[/QUOTE]

Leave this alone,we all knows that in ottoman empire, there were only three ethniceties,TURKS BULGARS AND GREEKS,and all of them was a mather of religion,so thouse one which were members of Slvic church,declared them selfs Bulgars,Thouse which were folowers of Greek church declared them selfs Greeks and muslims declared themselfs as Turks,also wasnt Ataturk born in Župa near Plasnica?
      See Župa home page,i'm not shure,i forgot but it is there some statue of him,i think it was place of birth!
      Also about Albanians,it is Serbian enemy number one so they made a lot of studies abot them,they and Turks never use a word Albanian,they call them Arnauds,Turks use for Albania word ARNAUTLUK,for Serbia SERBISTAN and Croatia HROATISTAN,stan is word for nation and it is not mention in Albania,the Vord Arnaut in Turkish means THE ONE WHO NEVER COMMED BACK,also another thing somwhere in CAUCAS there was another country called Albania,any conection?Who knows,probebly,there are Tosks and Gegs,Tosks are Catholics and Orthodox ,gegs are muslims,also fizical thouse peoples are not the same,look their face,gegs are ugly like all caucasians,while tosks have more eu faces,also i personely belive that language is some sort of greek,that is why Arnavtika is used on pelopones,so Tosks are probebly real EPIRIANS(Epirus),in 1800 british general reported about non greek caracter of Ephirus,so probebly it was diferent but similar language,so modern Albanian is in fact some old helenic language,but Greeks dont take it like that,when i say helenic i ment old balcanic.
      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
      - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Sarafot
        • Dec 2008

So what? I still can't see your majority in Greek Macedonia.

As for the map,do you thing it includes any kind of homogeneous population??? It's just a geographical region and nothing more.

PS-Look at VMRO'S member Avatar-The borders of his Macedonia include Pieria...You must agree between yourselves ,you want Katerini or not?
        i'm pleased to see person from other side,liek you are
        Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• Sarafot
          • Dec 2008

The different colors of the map DO NOT define different people-It's NOT an ethnographical map! Green and pink are Ottoman regions(pink is what the author defines as Macedonia)

You can call it Republic of North Macedonia then,since it's near 37% of Geographical Macedonia.
          Do you not understand,it is like this,republic of Macedonia=independant part of Macedonian territory,the only part of Macedonia which made self independantcy

Comment

• Sarafot
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
            I hope so.

NATO will eventually break up or morph into something else.

Ireland is a perfect example of how amazingly prosperous a State can be - so close to Europe, and NOT be a part of the E.U>

The E.U dangle money in front of state to try and get them to reliquish some of their sovereignty to foriegn control.

The Macedonians will eventually wake up to this.
            Totaly agree with you!

Comment

• Sarafot
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
              Pelister, Ireland is a part of the EU, Norway and Switzerland are not, one has oil the other banks.
              But Ireland is jokeing of Eu,they made good economy and they opose EU in every thing,also greeks shuould learn more about Irish,similar thing like Macedonia,one people two states,two nations,same language...

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                Pelister, Ireland is a part of the EU, Norway and Switzerland are not, one has oil the other banks.

Your kidding ?

Ireland just had a referendum "rejecting" the E.U. The Irish people have spoken and a majority (although a very slim one rejected joinin the E.U), so what makes you say that ?

Comment

• Sarafot
                  • Dec 2008

Your kidding ?

Ireland just had a referendum "rejecting" the E.U. The Irish people have spoken and a majority (although a very slim one rejected joinin the E.U), so what makes you say that ?
                  Of course Ireland is in Eu(member),they say NO on referendum for European constitution,which they dont like!

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Your kidding ?

Pelister why are you questioning my answer to you? I live in the EU.

Member States of the EU
                    Ireland

* Year of EU entry: 1973
                    * Political system: Republic
                    * Capital city: Dublin
                    * Total area: 70 000 km˛
                    * Population: 4 million
                    * Currency: euro
                    * Listen to the official EU languages:
                    English, Irish
                    Source:http://europa.eu/abc/european_countr...d/index_en.htm
                    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Demos
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      No, the fact that it is a Republic is enough distinction and indication of difference. No state should ever have to negotiate their name against a mere group of regions. It is none of your business what our state is called.
                      SOM,

Actually that's not correct. On the international stage Great Britain is recognized as the "United Kingdom". Initially they applied to be recognized as "Great Britain", but France raised objections that Great Britain will be confused with the French region of Bretagne which is directly across the UK, so the English changed their name.

As for Mustafa Kemal Ataturk being Macedonian, I'm not sure what benefit one would have in trying to relate to a person who is well known for approaching the scale of a mass murderer. During the reign of the Young Turks over 1 million Armenians were slaughtered, hundreds of thousands of Greeks met the same fate, and over 1.5 million Greeks were expelled from Asia Minor.
                      Last edited by Demos; 12-30-2008, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Sarafot
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                        SOM,

Actually that's not correct. On the international stage Great Britain is recognized as the "United Kingdom". Initially they applied to be recognized as "Great Britain", but France raised objections that Great Britain will be confused with the French region of Bretagne which is directly across the UK, so the English changed their name.

As for Mustafa Kemal Ataturk being Macedonian, I'm not sure what benefit one would have in trying to relate to a person who is well known for approaching the scale of a mass murderer. During the reign of the Young Turks over 1 million Armenians were slaughtered, hundreds of thousands of Greeks met the same fate, and over 1.5 million Greeks were expelled from Asia Minor.
                        Turčin nikogaš nemože da ti bide drugar,that was my grandpa,talking about!The old Sarafot

Comment

• Demos
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
                          Turčin nikogaš nemože da ti bide drugar,that was my grandpa,talking about!The old Sarafot
                          I honestly do not understand why some Macedonians want to have a love affair with the Turks when it comes to relations. They drove SE Europe into 400+ years of darkness and oppression. We missed out on the Renaissance, the European Enlightenment, and other things and are suffering as a result.

The Turks would pit one Orthodox nation against the other in order to keep the populations under control.

Comment

• Sarafot
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                            I honestly do not understand why some Macedonians want to have a love affair with the Turks when it comes to relations. They drove SE Europe into 400+ years of darkness and oppression. We missed out on the Renaissance, the European Enlightenment, and other things and are suffering as a result.

The Turks would pit one Orthodox nation against the other in order to keep the populations under control.
                            See that is,you didnt get it,translation for you:

Turk could never be a friend to you!

Comment

• TerraNova
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008

I have some really good Turkish friends

Comment

• Jankovska
                                • Sep 2008

I have some really good Turkish friends
                                Well that doesn't count, they are more like brothers to you really

Comment

Working...
                                X