Why all the names of the cities of the people and months and gods were greek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ATHANASIOS View Post
    not many that is another fact many names of makedones were pure greek and were meet only in makedonia this thing prooves that their language was pure greek
    thank you read more
    Oh I see now, you are one of these internet patriots that has never picked up a book in his life, and all you are good for is parroting the same garbage without backing it up.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Jankovska
      • Sep 2008

not many that is another fact many names of makedones were pure greek and were meet only in makedonia this thing prooves that their language was pure greek
      thank you read more
      No, the answer to my question is NONE, you had NONE. Now to prove the second part of your statement please explain to me the battle of Chaeronea in 338 when the MAcedonians kicked some Greek arse?

Oh I am not going anywhere, trust me

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

please name a persian king who had a greek name and participated at the olympic games ?
        I can add some Romans and Armenian if you insist

Unlike the Modern Olympic Games, only free men who spoke Greek were allowed to participate in the Ancient Games

Olympic World by Nicola Chandler, Peter Murray

From 228 BC or 229 BC onwards the Romans were allowed to take part in the games.[14]
        The Games of 196 BC were used by Titus Quinctius Flamininus to proclaim the freedom of the Greek states from Macedonian rule.
        Polybius, Histories 18.46.

Yaayykk
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Athanasio, you are already beginning to expose your lies. First you passionately claim that the Macedonians had "names gods towns all greek"........and now you say that "many names of makedones were pure greek".....

Make up your mind mate, you're all over the place.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

BRATOT, excellent information!

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Athanase, do not be shy, tell me from which Horio you come from, or you can start with Region...... are you up to it Megale?
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                BRATOT, excellent information!

You are welcome, enjoy!

Македонска нација“ не е орган на политичка партија, друштво, или организација, туку е широка национална трибуна, во која може да соработува секој оној Македонец и Македонка, кој сака да работи за доброто и среќата на својата нација. На македонската национална кауза може да и служи секој чесен Македонец без разлика на неговите филозофски погледи, идеолошки убедувања или партиска припадност.
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• ATHANASIOS
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  How is it cultural? Do you sacrifice goats at Delphi? Don't give me that garbage, Balkan cultures are all similar in the general sense, what makes your culture unique - and how do those unique traits link you to the ancients? Did you walk through Athens wearing a robe?

Did Alexander eat Souvlaki? What cultural relation mate, please explain it to my ignorant self.

in fact yes the similarities are many one of them is the language, the other is the ethiks he had aristotele for teacher one of the 3 founders of the great hellenic later western and todays civilized world rocks.

the other 2 are plato and jesus

i know that you cannot understand it but yes a nation can survive more than 3000 years you need 2950 years more

Comment

• makedonin
                    • Sep 2008

alexander is a greek name with a anlytic greek rute like all the names of the makedones on the other hand the persian names are pure persian with a greek formation read alittle bit more
                    Darius as well, Xexes as well, it is obvious that they were still translation of the Original Persian word in to Greek

You can't prove (Cause there are NO Original Anc. Macedonian inscriptions left) that the Philip, or Alexander weren't translations of the Original Anc. Macedonian names!

The problem about the names such as Alexander (Alex- Ander) for example, is the fact that they are in pure Attic.

Why would the Ancient Macedonians, who supposedly had their "own Greek dialect" used pure Attic roots!

Let me explain it to you!

The Hesychius tells us that the Ancient Macedonians used two words for Head, κεβαλη> kebalee and γαβαλαν>gabalan.

But we know the name of the Alexanders horse as Bou-kephalos.

The obvious thing about it is, that Bou-kephalos is pure Attic, cause it uses the word kephalos instead of kebalee or gabalan.

It had to be something like: Bou-kebalon or Bou-gabalon, but we have Bou-kephalos, pure Attic name.

On the end of the day, we have pure Attic names for Anc. Macedonians, who supposedly had their "own Greek dialect".
                    Thus, those names, such as Alexandros, Philipos etc. are not valid proof.
                    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

in fact yes the similarities are many one of them is the language, the other is the ethiks he had aristotele for teacher one of the 3 founders of the great hellenic later western and todays civilized world rocks.

Was that a joke? Or are you on drugs?

i know that you cannot understand it but yes a nation can survive more than 3000 years you need 2950 years more
                      You've just bought a ticket.

Comment

• ATHANASIOS
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                        Athanase, do not be shy, tell me from which Horio you come from, or you can start with Region...... are you up to it Megale?
                        i told you IDA IS MY MOTHERS XWRIO ANDRIANI AND GOMATI NO ANATOLIAN GREEKS ONLY MAKEDONES

YOU DID NOT GIVE ME ANSWERS

Comment

• Jankovska
                          • Sep 2008

Hahaha Jesus himself? The man? I studied english school using Oxford programme, am I English? Coz I mean Oxford to England is what Aristotle is to you even more coz it stil exists while Aristotle is long gone?

Comment

• Bratot
                            • Sep 2008

He is cute, isn't he?

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

Please provide documented proof of your 3000 year old existance as a NATION.

Otherwise stop your lies.

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                                He is cute, isn't he?
                                I say cuddly as an 's behind......

Comment

Working...
                                X