• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    Actually, hes a Frenchman, lol-

He was born in Marseilles, France in a family with origin from Northern Epirus: the son of Michael Melas who was elected MP for Attica and mayor of Athens. At an early age Pavlos moved to Athens to study, and later joined the Army, graduating from the Hellenic Army Academy as an artillery lieutenant in 1891. In 1892, he married Natalia Dragoumi, the daughter of Kastorian politician Stephanos Dragoumis and sister of Ion Dragoumis. In 1895, the couple had a son named Michael.

Yeah a French citizen like Adamantios Korais was. However ethnically he was probably Albanian or Vlach.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Mel in Latin means 'honey, sweetness, darling', much like Slavic Mil(a,e,i) which means the same. Melos in Latin means a 'song'. In Albanian Mel means a 'millet', in Romanian there doesn't appear to be anything with that root, but haven't look too much into it.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Here is a summary of citations of the Macedonian language by Pavlos Melas thus far:

Pirzas translated........as Kota spoke Macedonian..............

I learned Macedonian words that I say to women and mothers..............

The teacher had the students sing something. We could not tell if the language they sang in was Macedonian or Greek. All the children of the school could read and write, but none, well almost none, could speak it (my edit: Greek)............

Between Pavlos Melas and Ion Dragoumis, the two 'greatest heroes' of the deluded Greek cause to usurp Macedonia in the 20th century, there are several references to the Macedonians as a distinct people and Macedonian as a distinct language, which contradicts the lies spread by many Greeks of the 21st century.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Great thread. Important information.

SoM, where did you get these quotes?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

In the letters of Pavlos Melas that were sent to his wife. They are compiled in a book.

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              In the letters of Pavlos Melas that were sent to his wife. They are compiled in a book.
              What's the book? I think I might buy it.

Comment

• Tribunal
                • Feb 2009

Concerning this Melas clan,Melas's paternal aunt was married to a naturalised Hungarian/Vlach hybrid by the name of Konstantin Szmolenic.Later,this Szmolenic changed his name to sound more like 'Greek' and became......Smolensky!(
                very 'Greek' sounding name indeed. lol) Serving the Greek army,he successfully defended Greece in the Greco-Turkish war of 1897,later becoming Minister of Military.
                Even though officialy the man's surname is Smolensky,it is sometimes written 'Smolenskis',as if adding a final 's' would make him more 'Greek'.
                If you happened to ask a Greek what does this Smolenskis mean in Greek,either the Greek will answer that the name is a very archaic form of Greek and it's difficult to translate,or you will anger the Greek.
                Anyhow, the very fact that Melas's aunt is married to a person of 'colourful' ethnic origin indicates that the Melas clan itself is 'colourful'.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Everything is an archaic form of Greek re.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                    Great thread. Important information.

SoM, where did you get these quotes?

"Pavlos Melas" by Natalia P. Mela, Athens 1964, pp 242
                    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• osiris
                      • Sep 2008

in lithoksous book he claims the dragoumis family spoke macedonian and says its confirmed by natalia herslef.

Comment

• Mikail
                        • Sep 2008

Hey guy's, thought this clip was best suited here.

PAVLOS MELAS RECOGNIZE EXISTING OF ETHNIC MACEDONIANS
                        ‪PAVLOS MELAS RECOGNIZE EXISTING OF ETHNIC MACEDONIANS‬‏ - YouTube
                        From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Great topic, this must be read anew.
                          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

This is a great thread exposing what the greeks really did.All i know about pavlos melas that he was a greek hero & that in one of his letters to home he wrote that he learned to speak macedonian.This is very unusual for the greeks to admit these sort of things at that time especially when they claimed they don't exist.
                            Daskalot i think these sorts of things should be compiled & preserved on mto webste for references.I'm sure there are other instances of greek govt officials recognizing macedonians & as macedonians.Clearly there must be heaps of these slip ups.
                            Last edited by George S.; 10-11-2011, 03:53 AM. Reason: ed
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                              • Nov 2009

Dont know how relavent this is but I will post it anyway.

Pavlos Melas is Alive and Lives in Sydney!
                              By Marianna Tsatsou on August 17, 2012 in News

The great grandson of famed Macedonian freedom fighter Pavlos Melas is reported to be living in Sydney where he runs his own drugstore.

In 1949, the grandson of Pavlos Melas, who was named after his grandfather, moved to “the Antipodes” along with his spouse Efthimia and their four children. Efthimia gave birth to one more daughter while in Australia. At first, they settled in North Bondi, where younger Melas worked as a typist. He passed away in 1982.

While Pavlos Melas was a pretty important Macedonian fighter, his descendants never sought publicity. The Greeks of Australia became aware that Melas’ descendants were living in the country during an event organized by the Australasian Hellenic Educational Progressive Association in NSW (AHEPA), to honor this significant figure.

“There are many relatives of the late Melas back in Greece as well as in Marseille, France, where he was born,” Louiza Mela, a relative of grandson Pavlos Melas told SBS radio.

(Source: ana-mpa)
                              Code:
                              http://au.greekreporter.com/2012/08/17/pavlos-melas-is-alive-and-lives-in-sydney
                              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Not really relevant, and who really cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X