• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Which values?
    Come on mate. I am not trying to make a religious argument here, but when you're taught that it's good to honour your parents, be faithful to your loved ones and respect your neighbours on the one hand, and that it is bad to steal or murder on the other, it breeds a better society.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

What I don't get is how there can be one article saying 2 million have left in the last 3 years and a bunch of countries saying the President-elect is not valid.

The country sees 14M votes in elections. If 2M have left, then theres a 12M voter pool.

If the President-elect got 6.5M votes of the 9.5M who voted... 6.5 of 12M, that's over half the total electorate. What am I missing?

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Come on mate. I am not trying to make a religious argument here, but when you're taught that it's good to honour your parents, be faithful to your loved ones and respect your neighbours on the one hand, and that it is bad to steal or murder on the other, it breeds a better society.
        Pretty much all of that works in Confucianism. Similar in Buddhism.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

The ones I know all send their kids to catholic schools. I don't think that is as much of a factor as the other points you mentioned.
          I did say Christianity, not Catholicism.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Catholics will argue it's the same thing. One of my employees is highly Catholic and I would regard him as a good Christian. I don't believe they are mutually exclusive.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Anyway, they were all starving and still couldn't kick out a corrupt government. What chance would our well fed pupchina have at revolution?
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

I haven't heard anything about Zaev recognising Juan Guaidó as new Venezuelan Head of State yet...considering all the other regional (balkan) US arse-lickers have immediately jumped onto the Guaidó bandwagon.

Is Zaev's foreign ministry pretending that they make their own decisions, in their own time, without being coerced by outside forces or just trying to conceal their over exuberance to promote their western credentials...for now.

I'm sure Dimitrov has a raging hard-on, salivating in anticipation for when he's let off his gimp-leash...
                Last edited by Phoenix; 01-30-2019, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  I haven't heard anything about Zaev recognising Juan Guaidó as new Venezuelan Head of State yet...considering all the other regional (balkan) US arse-lickers have immediately jumped onto the Guaidó bandwagon.

Is Zaev's foreign ministry pretending that they make their own decisions, in their own time, without being coerced by outside forces or just trying to conceal their over exuberance to promote their western credentials...for now.

I'm sure Dimitrov has a raging hard-on, salivating in anticipation for when he's let off his gimp-leash...
                  Zaev and most of the recent macedonian politicians (and some of its citezens) would not be able to locate Venezuela on the map. I wouldnt be suprised if they dont know that this is happening

Their geography is only the balkans, greece (cool summer beaches!), turkey (cool soap operas dude), USA( big daddy russia, and certain magical western european countries with free money (germany, switzerland, austria, scandanavia espicially).

Comment

• Carlin
                    • Dec 2011

MK government supports Guaidó
                    Last edited by Carlin; 02-23-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Carlin
                      • Dec 2011

Venezuela: national guard and protesters clash as border tensions rise – live:
                      Maduro declares he is severing ties with Colombia while at least three aid trucks near the Colombian border were burned

Last edited by Carlin; 02-23-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I know conspiracy theorists will say this is a regime change imposed by USA, but this is more than that. The suffering in what should be a wealthy country is astounding.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Pelagonija
                          • Mar 2017

I know conspiracy theorists will say this is a regime change imposed by USA, but this is more than that. The suffering in what should be a wealthy country is astounding.
                          Yawn yawn this is all too predictable. I’m sure the new gov will be just as efficient as the Iraqi government in improving the living standard of its citizens.

Iran, Iraq and Russia should also be wealthy countries? What’s the common theme? They have or had sanctions imposed on them by the US?

The Saudi gov chops up journalists in embassies in foreign countries, nothing to see or hear.. move on.

Anyway I’m no expert on Venuezvala, it’s a bit like cry wolf. I just don’t farking believe anything that comes out of the US or it’s vassals.
                          Last edited by Pelagonija; 02-23-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

I know enough about them to understand they are victims of geopolitics. I have professional clients who have flown back there to their families and assisted with runs to Colombia just to get medicine and food. I wouldn't live there in a hurry.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Gocka
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
                              Yawn yawn this is all too predictable. I’m sure the new gov will be just as efficient as the Iraqi government in improving the living standard of its citizens.

Iran, Iraq and Russia should also be wealthy countries? What’s the common theme? They have or had sanctions imposed on them by the US?

The Saudi gov chops up journalists in embassies in foreign countries, nothing to see or hear.. move on.

Anyway I’m no expert on Venuezvala, it’s a bit like cry wolf. I just don’t farking believe anything that comes out of the US or it’s vassals.

There is another common them to all those countries that you seem to have missed. Tyrannical governments who treat their own people worse than dog shit.

Can the entire developed world just be a bunch of vassal states, and yet a hand full of basket case 3rd world dictatorships are the ones that are the sane enlightened ones?

Or is it that the Venezuelan people have finally had enough of living in a 3rd world country that should easily be one of the wealthiest in the broader region?

I can assure you proud people like the British and the French are vassals to nobody. In fact US relations with the EU are at an all time low, where European leaders openly mock the US president and pursue conflicting agendas to the USA. If that isn't a show of independence and free will I don't know what is.

Did it ever occur to you that the right answer is the simple answer, that things are what they appear to be? That despite mistakes, double standards, and hypocritical stances, the majority of western states believe in the same policies and generally support each other through their own free will. Not only are these policies enacted based on free will but also generally based on the will of the people in those countries. That is a lot more than I can say about leadership of Iran, Russia, Syria, North Korea, Venezuelan etc.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                                There is another common them to all those countries that you seem to have missed. Tyrannical governments who treat their own people worse than dog shit.
                                I haven't really been following this situation too closely and don't have a vested interest in Venezuela either way. I agree with your statement that tyrannical governments treat their people like garbage. That said, do you believe the U.S. should have the right to meddle in the affairs of other countries because they don't agree with their policies, even if they don't pose a direct threat to U.S. territory?
                                Or is it that the Venezuelan people have finally had enough of living in a 3rd world country that should easily be one of the wealthiest in the broader region?
                                Again, I don't know the whole background of this story because Macedonians have their own problems to deal with, but how much of the economic suffering in Venezuela has been exacerbated due to U.S. sanctions?
                                I can assure you proud people like the British and the French are vassals to nobody.
                                Pretty sure they're some vassalage going on when it comes to Brussels.
                                In fact US relations with the EU are at an all time low, where European leaders openly mock the US president and pursue conflicting agendas to the USA. If that isn't a show of independence and free will I don't know what is.
                                The mocking goes both ways. And Germany, probably the most influential country in the EU, still has dozens of U.S. military bases and thousands of American troops stationed in the country. The left-leaning Eurocrats may not be on friendly terms with the current U.S. administration and may have some room to make independent decisions, but much of their 'free will' is still subject to U.S. influence.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X