Parthenon was used as a mosque plus much more....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
    I can find a million quotes from ancient sources which talk about the Hellenic nation. I can go to any ancient site and read what my ancestors wrote almost 2,000 years ago knowing only modern Greek.

Yet you cannot find 1 inscription in Macedonian prior to the 6th century AD in your so called "native" lands. Even everything which is coming out of the ground at Heraklea, which was the northern most ancient Macedonian city, is written in Greek. A language very foreign and different than the Slavic language which you speak.

Alexander the Great spread Greek language and culture. This is not a theory, but fact based on archaeological evidence.

Now look in the mirror and tell me who is the hack...
    Demos, Amigo, I can see your struggling with some of this.

There was never a "Hellenic nation" and lets say that in the last 200 years, there was - we still can't find any ethnic Greeks. That is my point mate. Something of the ancient Greek culture survived, there is no doubt about that, but not in Modern Greece, not "on the ground" or from the grass roots. The European Powers created Modern Greece, its a fake nation. I mean anyone who wants to be an ancient Greek certainly has that right, whether they are Vlach, Albanian or Macedonian, but "imagining" your an ancient Greek doesn't make you one. The job of an anthropologist, linguist and historian is to save native people from this kind of abstraction, and have they got their work cut out for them. Hellenizing a person makes them a Modern Greek - not an ancient Greek.

Comment

• Venom
      • Sep 2008

No Demos, it's written in an ancient language which your own language is based upon.

Language does not equal ethnicity, despite what your bosses tell you.
      S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

what a pretensious wanker this little albanian demos is, his posts are trivial and predicatable and he doesnt have any balls. he bores me i have stopped reading anything he posts and will continue to challenge him to post his geographic background so we can get a glimpse into greekness, but so far nothing.

Comment

• TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

What's the point of this thread...?

Turks also turned to mosques most of the churches in Constantinople and Thessaloniki ,since they conquered the place,they decided great buildings to become mosques..

So what...?

Comment

• 1946-1949
            Banned
            • Jan 2009

The point of this thread is to highlight how barbaric and uncouth it was for the foreigners to try and desecrate the Greek temples.
            Being one of the ancient wonders of the world, it is good to see that after all these attempts to destroy it, the Parthenon is still standing.
            A symbolic beacon testifying to the glory of the ancient Hellenic culture and all that it has inspired in the modern world.

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by 1946-1949 View Post
              The point of this thread is to highlight how barbaric and uncouth it was for the foreigners to try and desecrate the Greek temples.
              Being one of the ancient wonders of the world, it is good to see that after all these attempts to destroy it, the Parthenon is still standing.
              A symbolic beacon testifying to the glory of the ancient Hellenic culture and all that it has inspired in the modern world.
              stop your whining, you Christians of the Morea did not even consider those temple as yours, they were of a Pagan cult that was on par with devil worship according to the Patriarchate in Constantinople.
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I agree.
                So why did it take other races of people to educate the peasants of the region about it? And now the peasants are the "experts" ... humorous to say the least.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TerraNova
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                  stop your whining, you Christians of the Morea did not even consider those temple as yours, they were of a Pagan cult that was on par with devil worship according to the Patriarchate in Constantinople.
                  Parthenon in Byzantine era was a church of Virgin Mary.

Comment

• 1946-1949
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    I agree.
                    So why did it take other races of people to educate the peasants of the region about it? And now the peasants are the "experts" ... humorous to say the least.
                    Educate about what exactly?

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

I can find a million quotes from ancient sources which talk about the Hellenic nation. I can go to any ancient site and read what my ancestors wrote almost 2,000 years ago knowing only modern Greek.

Yet you cannot find 1 inscription in Macedonian prior to the 6th century AD in your so called "native" lands. Even everything which is coming out of the ground at Heraklea, which was the northern most ancient Macedonian city, is written in Greek. A language very foreign and different than the Slavic language which you speak.

Alexander the Great spread Greek language and culture. This is not a theory, but fact based on archaeological evidence.

Now look in the mirror and tell me who is the hack...

Did Alexander really spread this Hellenic culture??? http://dor.huji.ac.il/HL_east.html

If you want I can provide you with more links about just that topic.

As for you claiming ancestors out of a dead ancient race lol ummm...how did you come across this cultural link? Was it perhaps 'regenerated'? Do you honestly think what you wrote above displays any type of sanity representing you and your mongrel folk? You the inheritors....lololol,,,inherited what? What Ottos new university in Athens taught you? Or what Byron wanted to make of a bunch of Albanians, Vlachs, Slavs, Turks, Armenians, etc. Your forefathers pre-independence did not even think that the Byzantine Empire was a "greek" empire. But they did know it was a christian empire. Demos maybe you need to reconsider your national history one more time and ask yourself why Athens was believed to be an Albanian village in the early 19th century.
                      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• osiris
                        • Sep 2008

Athens was believed to be an Albanian village in the early 19th century.
                        not believed to be, it was an albanian and turkish villages, there were albanian speaking villages in attika well into the 20th century, in fact some old people living i attika now would have been born native albanian speakers . there is no doubt about that, i have personally been to some of those villages in 1956 1958 and witnessed everone in the village speaking albanian. i dont need a historian or a western tourist to tell me that.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Educate about what exactly?
                          They needed other people to tell them it was not always a Mosque and had some relevance to a long forgotten race.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                            not believed to be, it was an albanian and turkish villages, there were albanian speaking villages in attika well into the 20th century, in fact some old people living i attika now would have been born native albanian speakers . there is no doubt about that, i have personally been to some of those villages in 1956 1958 and witnessed everone in the village speaking albanian. i dont need a historian or a western tourist to tell me that.

You should see the new topic I started oh Egyptian God of all things sour in the modern "greeks" mouths
                            For years Osiris has been saying it and for years the modern "greek" says it's not true. I'm here to say Osiris is right and todays imposter hellene was and is dead wrong.
                            Click Below

Comment

• Demos
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2008

I wonder when Skopje will become an Albanian village? Tetovo already is...

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                                • Jan 2009

I wonder when Skopje will become an Albanian village? Tetovo already is...
                                Yawn....you are typical. You cannot face the fact that your own identity is fake and was created for you. You have to resort to questioning Macedonia and her minorities. You're a waste.

Comment

Working...
                                X