X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    I dont know. Besides, its also a possibililty that other communist countries made those promises not the Greek Communists. In any case, I never did like KKE, if they did then they are indeed traitorous bastards.
    An interesting perspective.
    My opinion is quite different. They were practical people who knew they could mobilise a dominant grouping of people (Macedonians) by dangling a carrot for autonomy for the Macedonians. I believe some were honest about the arrangement but I also believe most were lying.

If you didn't like KKE you were then a Royalist. Please don't like me, you might want me gone as well.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      An interesting perspective.
      My opinion is quite different. They were practical people who knew they could mobilise a dominant grouping of people (Macedonians) by dangling a carrot for autonomy for the Macedonians. I believe some were honest about the arrangement but I also believe most were lying.

If you didn't like KKE you were then a Royalist. Please don't like me, you might want me gone as well.
      Same views here Risto, to all your comments
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

RTG

I believe some were honest about the arrangement but I also believe most were lying.
        What on earth would make you believe that?
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
          RTG
          What on earth would make you believe that?
          Well, there were bona fide communists whose beliefs transcended the concept of a Greek nation. Communist first, Greek second. Which is nothing like the Macedonians who were supposedly communists but were fighting for autonomy.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

didn't they use the macedonians as cannon fodder & put them in the front lines.They made all kinds of wild promises of autonomy but they were outright lies merely to get cooperation of the macedonian people.It was a means to an end.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Absolutely George.
              Nothing is as simple as people make it. The Macedonians were making their last stand in my opinion. The USA determined the outcome.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Well, there were bona fide communists whose beliefs transcended the concept of a Greek nation. Communist first, Greek second. Which is nothing like the Macedonians who were supposedly communists but were fighting for autonomy.
                ....so the Macedonians were pretending to be communists in order to get assistance for autonomy from the facists?
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

I'm sure many Macedonians believed in the ideals of communism. They were poor people with limited options. I am equally sure they rated autonomy far higher than communism.

We all know Macedonian "communists" that have hoarded money over the last 50 years. Some of the richest members of our communities.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

RTG

We all know Macedonian "communists" that have hoarded money over the last 50 years. Some of the richest members of our communities.

Comment

• El Bre
                      • Sep 2008

I'm sure many Macedonians believed in the ideals of communism. They were poor people with limited options. I am equally sure they rated autonomy far higher than communism. We all know Macedonian "communists" that have hoarded money over the last 50 years. Some of the richest members of our communities.
                      Further to your point RtG, by the time the civil war rolled around you had guys travelling back and forth, or just sending money back between the new world to the villages for more than 50 years. While many people were indeed poor, there were other families who did quite well for themselves yet still had thier sons and daughters going into the hills with the partizani.
                      Last edited by El Bre; 12-07-2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                        yet still had thier sons and daughters going into the hills with the partizani.
                        Absolutely. For good reason too!
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

how about when they regular confiscation of money & beatings or taking of one's property by force
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                            • Apr 2014

There are Macedonians in Australia who held Gramos
                            I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Solun
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                              There are Macedonians in Australia who held Gramos
                              Weren't the 13000 Macedonians on Gramos in 1949 dealt with by use of napalm?

Set up by KKE so as to have no means of escape.

Comment

• Stojacanec
                                • Dec 2009

My father was saying that friends of our family were preparing to go to Solun to fight but they were told to go north into Yugoslavia.

They were under the impression they were going to help the Partisans in Aegean Macedonia against the Greek regime.

Comment

Working...
                                X