Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

TerraNova, these are insignificant little Turkic tribes that sprinkled all over the Balkans, as Makedonin indicates, it is not as if they stopped at the modern Greek border and said, "Hey mourouk lan, listen kardash lets not go any further south because in about 500 years the pure Hellenes are going to be re-born, we don't want them to have eyebrows that are adjoined....." I guess the last part couldn't be avoided in some cases.

And again, a topic in regards to how non-Greek the Macedonians of the ancient era were has veered off, now we are talking about Turks, hehehe. TerraNova, you should step back for a second, highlight your inconsistency, hindsight is a beautiful thing, seriously mate, you must have had a tough time at school staying attentive to one topic, I would say it would be something like "Alpha Vita Gammoto, 1+1= Elada, Is that a petrolium fire, better put water on it..........."
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
      Banned
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
      all those you mentioned did stop on the Modern Borders of Greece, just to preserve your pure Hellenic ass
      All those SETTLED in what is modern RoM.
      They got Christianized...and they might be your ancestors.

So..maybe you should handle the term "Christian Turks" after thinking twice .

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

How many words of the Kuman language are there in the spoken vernacular or topography of Kumanovo? Even the name of the city itself is a Slavic form, which indicates the insignificance of these people. How many Slavic placenames in the south of Greece in their ORIGINAL form? Care to take a guess?

What does all of this have to do with Phillip II and his destruction of Greece? Nothing.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          TerraNova, these are insignificant little Turkic tribes that sprinkled all over the Balkans, as Makedonin indicates, it is not as if they stopped at the modern Greek border and said, "Hey mourouk lan, listen kardash lets not go any further south because in about 500 years the pure Hellenes are going to be re-born, we don't want them to have eyebrows that are adjoined....." I guess the last part couldn't be avoided in some cases.
          I just mentioned what i know from history.
          If you know about christian Turcic settlements in Greece bring it on.
          But these where INSIDE RoM.
          Vardariots didnt stay in Thessaly ,and Kumanovo is not in Crete.

And again, a topic in regards to how non-Greek the Macedonians of the ancient era were has veered off, now we are talking about Turks, hehehe. TerraNova, you should step back for a second, highlight your inconsistency, hindsight is a beautiful thing, seriously mate, you must have had a tough time at school staying attentive to one topic, I would say it would be something like "Alpha Vita Gammoto, 1+1= Elada, Is that a petrolium fire, better put water on it..........."
          If you concentrated a bit you would see your previous post:

SOM:
          "You mean you wont promote your illusion anymore? Excellent!

I feel proud of all the ancestry from my land that fought for the freedom and glory of my land. I have no heroes or ancestors that are Albanians and Christian Turks.

Please, for sake of sanity, read the first constitution of your state and then explain to me the Hellenic connection."

Its like "i m proud,my heroes,my land,Grkz are Christian Turks,Albanian,Hellenic constitution...Grkz Christian Turks.Grrrr!"

Also count the posts here that contain the word Greece/Greek ,or refer to Greece.
          I guess they are about 95% of this forum

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Greece is a problem for Macedonia so of course it will be discussed. Does that trouble you? Are you pretending that on forums where there are Greeks, Bulgars, Serbs, etc, they don't discuss Macedonia 90% of the time? Go to any Greek forum and check what the levels some of the psychotic morony descends to.

I feel proud of all the ancestry from my land that fought for the freedom and glory of my land. I have no heroes or ancestors that are Albanians and Christian Turks.

Please, for sake of sanity, read the first constitution of your state and then explain to me the Hellenic connection."

Its like "i m proud,my heroes,my land,Grkz are Christian Turks,Albanian,Hellenic constitution...Grkz Christian Turks.Grrrr!"
            No, it is not like that at all, you are confusing yourself with two different sentences, snap out it. I am proud of the ancestry from Macedonia that fought for the land and people of Macedonia, and I do not have Albanian or Christian Turk heroes and public figures in my Macedonian national history like you have in your Greek one. Sorry mate, but that is the truth. As for your first Greek Constitution, rather than bitching about it you should try and address it, or, come to terms in an open manner with the jist of it all, anybody could become a Greek, anybody did become a Greek, hence, your connection to the ancient era via identity is a farce from the second of its innovative initiation.

Regarding your Turkic tribes, lets not go in circles, these are insignifcant groups of a few thousand that left nothing in the land and people, just like the insignificant Bulgar tribes. Assumingly your whole point here is that Macedonia's genetic make-up has been altered by Turkic tribes that come and went like they were never there, although you wish to hide from the several thousand Slavic-speaking warriors that invaded all of what is now Greece and left permanent markers on the topography, language and culture in the area, the same elements that you clowns try to avoid till this day with ridiculous assertions that the suffix "itsa", the "Pushteno" dance and even the bread "Pogacha" are really pure Hellenic traditions, ke gamiseta re, I think most of you are already beyond repair.

Either way, if you like to discuss Turkish issues so much you should open a thread specific to such topics, and perhaps explain to all readers here what exactly is the pure Hellenic meaning of the thousands of Greek surnames I have seen that end in OGLOU? You know, here in Melbourne, there is a particular store when heading into the city where the owner has his name on the front window. It says KOZANOGLU. Given that the particular suburb has a number of Turkish residents, I am making the judgement that this guy is a Turk, however, I have also met Greeks with similar names, there was that soccer player, Ange Postakoglou or something, Kiratsoglou, etc, pure Hellenes they tell me, hehehe.

Comment

• TerraNova
              Banned
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Greece is a problem for Macedonia so of course it will be discussed. Does that trouble you?
              Not at all..but i just observed you have serious problems about it...

I am proud of the ancestry from Macedonia that fought for the land and people of Macedonia, and I do not have Albanian or Christian Turk heroes and public figures in my Macedonian national history like you have in your Greek one. Sorry mate, but that is the truth.
              Well thats your view.
              Others would say all of your heroes were either Greek (ancient era) or Bulgarian (medieval and modern).

As for your first Greek Constitution, rather than bitching about it you should try and address it, or, come to terms in an open manner with the jist of it all, anybody could become a Greek, anybody did become a Greek, hence, your connection to the ancient era via identity is a farce from the second of its innovative initiation.
              Ok..Greek revolutionaries should set as the only criterion of Greekness a DNA test.
              They apologize to you about it.

Regarding your Turkic tribes, lets not go in circles, these are insignifcant groups of a few thousand that left nothing in the land and people, just like the insignificant Bulgar tribes. Assumingly your whole point here is that Macedonia's genetic make-up has been altered by Turkic tribes that come and went like they were never there, although you wish to hide from the several thousand Slavic-speaking warriors that invaded all of what is now Greece and left permanent markers on the topography, language and culture in the area, the same elements that you clowns try to avoid till this day with ridiculous assertions that the suffix "itsa", the "Pushteno" dance and even the bread "Pogacha" are really pure Hellenic traditions, ke gamiseta re, I think most of you are already beyond repair.
              Turcic tribes were insignificant.
              Bulgar tribes were insignificant.
              Slavic tribes were insignificant... migration never happened...ups you say massive populations did migrate towards Greece Confusion?
              So..in Greece we have pugacha ...and in RoM ,WHOLE Language is Slavic.
              Weird things happen....

Either way, if you like to discuss Turkish issues so much you should open a thread specific to such topics, and perhaps explain to all readers here what exactly is the pure Hellenic meaning of the thousands of Greek surnames I have seen that end in OGLOU? You know, here in Melbourne, there is a particular store when heading into the city where the owner has his name on the front window. It says KOZANOGLU. Given that the particular suburb has a number of Turkish residents, I am making the judgement that this guy is a Turk, however, I have also met Greeks with similar names, there was that soccer player, Ange Postakoglou or something, Kiratsoglou, etc, pure Hellenes they tell me, hehehe.
              Since when a surname defines ethnicity?Arent there thousands of Turkish surnames in your language?
              Do endings -ov and -ev confirm Bulgarian origin? (etc Delcev,Mrskov)

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Yes I do, I have a serious problem with the way Greece has treated my people in the past and present, is there something irregular about a person who feels sentiment towards his people, language and nation? If I am the one with the problem, why is it that you, as a Greek, feel the need to come here and replay the false episodes you were brought up with in relation to the fabricated glory of your historical past? Is it because you see the truth and you want to drown it in the usual rhetoric which makes reference to "Hellenes" from Turkey in the 1920's? I told you before, it's time to wake up and start respecting the truth.
                I am proud of the ancestry from Macedonia that fought for the land and people of Macedonia, and I do not have Albanian or Christian Turk heroes and public figures in my Macedonian national history like you have in your Greek one. Sorry mate, but that is the truth.
                Well thats your view.
                Others would say all of your heroes were either Greek (ancient era) or Bulgarian (medieval and modern).
                That is the view of the Macedonians, as other nations have their views about their own respective histories. Picking selective quotes from 'others' without providing the proper background details and circumstances hardly constitutes facutal evidence to support the notion of Macedonian historical figures from the past being ethnic Bulgarians or ethnic Greeks. Again, if you wish to open a thread in relation to that specific topic, you are more than welcome, I have no issues with meeting you there.
                As for your first Greek Constitution, rather than bitching about it you should try and address it, or, come to terms in an open manner with the jist of it all, anybody could become a Greek, anybody did become a Greek, hence, your connection to the ancient era via identity is a farce from the second of its innovative initiation.
                Ok..Greek revolutionaries should set as the only criterion of Greekness a DNA test.
                Hey, they are the one's who wrote you into the history of the modern era, they are the one's who defined what a 'Greek' was at the time. Any alien, anybody who marries a Greek woman, anybody who settles in Greece, IS A GREEK. Quite a far cry from the stories you were fed by the Philhellenic Anglos and Germans upon their arrival to the Balkans for the purpose of establishing a state for you. Don't apologize on behalf of them, they spoke the truth as they knew it, a Greek wasn't a descendant of ancient Hellenes, a Greek was a Christian from anywhere in the world that decided to settle in Greece. It was the first Christian state that broke away from European Turkey, and with all of the open invitations, it is no wonder thousands of Christians flocked to the region to do battle against the Turks. None of it had anything to do with the so-called "Hellenism" that is so shamelessly promoted today. We have a thread for the Greek Constitution, please re-visit it and don't let it sidetrack this thread about Phillip II destroying Greece.
                Slavic tribes were insignificant... migration never happened...ups you say massive populations did migrate towards Greece Confusion?
                Weird things happen....
                Turkic and Bulgar tribes (Not to be deliberately confused with Ottomans as we all share certain cultural traits with them too) were insignificant, there is next to nothing of importance left of them, where is their influence in my language? Where is their influence in my culture, dances, foods, etc?

Slavic tribes were SIGNIFICANT. A migration NEVER happened, an INVASION DID HAPPEN. Do you know the difference? In the case of the Slavic tribes, it was an invasion of warrior clans where many had settled across the Balkans, it was not of whole families being settled en masse. Same as the Bulgars, same as the Turkic tribes. The difference? Numbers for one, there were probably twice if not more the amount of Slavic warriors that invaded the Balkans as there were of these other small Turkic tribes. There was, from ancient times, cultural and linguistic links between the people north and south of the Danube which may also be a contributing factor with regards to the area covered by the Slavic warriors during their attacks against East Rome. The evidence of all of this can be seen in your language, your dances and your culture, regardless of how many times you try and wrap it up in a Hellenic Kebab or Adana Souvlaki.
                Since when a surname defines ethnicity?Arent there thousands of Turkish surnames in your language?
                It defines cultural origins to a certain extent, and I am not talking about surnames per se but rather the suffix of surnames OGLOU, just like the suffix of placenames ITSA that you Greeks steal from the Slavonic tongues and pass off as "Hellenic". OV and EV are common even in Russian surnames, ultimately, these are all suffixes common to most of the various Slavonic tongues, there is nothing "ethnically" Bulgarian about them. Just after the Serbs gained independence, many Bulgarians were using names such as Trayanovich, Petrovich, etc, in the spirit of the first free Slavic state in the Balkans after Turkish rule, are they Serbs too?

I don't speak about names like Hisarlis or Karadzaferis, which are clearly of Turkish origin, because Macedonia also has names like Muratov, Karagoski, etc, which are also Turkish in origin. Such names most likely stem from the peasantry adopting the name of their local Beg or Pasha, like the African slaves had done in the America. I am talking about Turkish suffixes, which indicate a clear Turkish cultural component that cannot be erased by adding on an 'S' to the end of a name like Kiratsolgou(s). There is a big difference there. There are no Macedonian names that end in Stankoglou or Velkoglou. Ok?

Now back to the topic at hand, why do you people blatantly lie to everybody about Phillip II, when the facts are clear about the way he treated the ancient Hellenes? I have shown you several sources that explain how Phillip II damaged and destroyed Greece, how about you now show me some sources which make claims to the contrary? Come on, a couple of ancient writers that state that Phillip II unified Greece, that his death along with Alexander's was mourned by the ancient Hellenes. Can you do this?

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

TerraNova your argumentation is pretty sqewd.
                  Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Sarafot
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                    As the Athenian Alliance.
                    It was Athens ,and the Allies.
                    You mean like today Nato and the allies,right,and Greeks say veto to Macedonia,just like in Anthic?
                    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                    - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Sarafot
                      • Dec 2008

You didnt get my point.
                      The Athenian Alliance(Athinaiki Symmachia) or Delian League http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delian_League
                      was a similar situation.

Most of the Ionic Greek cities formed an alliance with Athens

-Athens was not a part of it (like Philip's Macedonia) but offered guidance and protection ,receiving military and economical tribute.

I cant believe someone would think Athens was not Greek,or not Ionian cause of this.
                      One thing,so with that logic do you belive that Ilirians and Tracians and more Vandals,were Greeks too,they also belived in old gods,Dacians too maybe?Their inscriptions were also finded in Koine?
                      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• Sarafot
                        • Dec 2008

Ask the Samians,the Melians or any other that tried to leave the League.

Their cities were destroyed to the ground!!

Also,the main reason i mentioned it was to see the paralel-Allies and Athenians (Athens not a member) ,
                        Allies and Macedon(the king of)(Philip not a member)
                        How about Troians(Troy),it is well known that they are not Greeks,you know here in Slovenia we have a town named TROJANE?!Probebly Greeks lived near the Alps,right?

Comment

• Sarafot
                          • Dec 2008

Well thats your view.

Weird things happen....

Acctualy Macedonians surnames are more like names and thouse names are like old anthic one,DIMITROV GLIGOROVSKI,KOSTADINOSKI,STAMENOV ,see allways from name(you can call it greek names),while Volgarian one are Stanišev, Topuzov,Prvanov...no conection with old names,and somethig else ,you did forgot their real mongolian names like ASPURAH ,KUBLUK, ASEN(HASAN)....and with out TSAR and TSARITSA,they used KHANS!

Comment

• El Bre
                            • Sep 2008

Anyone know where the gruev in gruevski comes from?

Comment

• Sarafot
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                              Anyone know where the gruev in gruevski comes from?
                              From Aegean, from dialect to standardised language,you shold know that in east Macedonia,even if somebody has surname on ski,peoples never use it,so if my surname is Bonevski,old peoples on ist will say Bonev,that can be proven to.
                              About Gruevski there is an article on MINA,about his grand father and father,greeks change his father name to Nikolas Gruos,read it.

Comment

• El Bre
                                • Sep 2008

Thanks for the answer. I was actually referring to whether or not Grujo is a first name where the name Grujov is derived, like Ristov or Donev

Comment

Working...
                                X