X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Macedonia 1999 and the Kosovo refugees

I recently read a "news" article indicating how Macedonian local government is doing its utmost to reject asylum seekers settling in Macedonia. I concluded that Macedonians are quite unique in the sense that they (in 1999) received a demographics injection of up to 350,000 ethnic Albanians from Kosovo. I think any country that sees an immediate change in its population by 15% will have permanently bad memories and develop quite an aversion to refugees seeking asylum in it.

I am hoping we can define the period in question in a few ways:

1. Accurately quantify the level of migration (up to 350,000 refugees according to my preliminary research) http://neuron.mefst.hr/docs/CMJ/issu...2/11885045.pdf
    2. Quantify the cost of dealing with this process.
    3. Quantify how many of these refugees subsequently gained citizenship in Macedonia.
    4. Consider the demographics of these new citizens (preliminary inquiries reveal the majority were in their 20's)
    5. Quantify the dollar value of external assistance to Macedonia for this disaster.

I think this analysis is worthy of investigation on this forum.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

At the end of the day, RoM just does not posses the infrastructure necessary to handle the current crisis, most balkan states don't.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• tchaiku
      • Nov 2016

80% of Albanian refugees came back to Kosovo after the war. On the whole Europe and World part I do not know about Macedonia.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

They might have gone back, but I would like to know how many received citizenship.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Apr 2014

80% went back? I have doubts about this.
          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

I would think even more than that went back (or elsewhere), but I also believe they still show as citizens. It would be good to see electricity consumption patterns in Macedonia.

It would even be good if they did a real census.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Apr 2014

Haven't had a proper census since the 90's

Comment

• tchaiku
                • Nov 2016

Est. number of refugees that had returned to Kosovo as of Dec. 1999: over 810,000 [41]

The total number of Albanian refugees was not over 1,000,000.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  I would think even more than that went back (or elsewhere), but I also believe they still show as citizens. It would be good to see electricity consumption patterns in Macedonia.

It would even be good if they did a real census.
                  Here's a satellite image of Macedonia at night. You can see the lights on in yellow.

If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I think the entire area to the right has its lights on but nobody's home.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Stojacanec
                      • Dec 2009

What ever material Trump has left over with building the Mexican wall, can we have it to put along that yellow border with Kosovo & Albania?

Comment

Working...
                      X