Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ournirv
    • Jan 2012

That's hardly an answer to my question...

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ournirv View Post
      That's hardly an answer to my question...
      and you still haven't answered my question!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Stojacanec
        • Dec 2009

Can you differentiate between a country and a council or periphery ournirv?

Comment

• ournirv
          • Jan 2012

I'm not denying anyone anything. I neither pay taxes to nor do I donate to any organization that has stake in the name dispute. I just read history and history tells me that Macedonians were of Dorian stock. Take it as you will.

By being called simply Macedonia, it has an implication towards northern, southern, western, upper, central, ancient, modern, and any other descriptor you could think of.

Think one of the compromise names that Greece offered was north Macedonia. Doesn't work well though if you have high hopes on another country's territory.

Your turn stoj. Are you denying that Macedonians are ethnically, culturally, and linguistically Greek?

Comment

• Stojacanec
            • Dec 2009

Looks like you don't know the difference between a country and a council. According to Greeks then, there must be 654 countries in Australia. Right?

Show me what historical significance has the upper, central, western etc to Macedonia other than the name dispute myth.

Also I have read where Macedonians have been formed from Thracian and Illyrian tribes. Why does that differ so much to your Dorian origin. Could you prove to me (as a separate note) whether original Dorian tribes were in fact Greek.

You feel very comfortable speaking quite frankly about the formation of a region 3,000 years ago but I'll bet you would grow increasingly very nervous if you were to speak about the formation of Aegean Macedonia up to 100 years ago.

Culturally, Linguistically and Ethnically Macedonians differed from their southern neighbour(s) throughout history.

I'm not denying that Greeks didn't live in Macedonia, just like I wouldn't deny that the Irish live in Australia.
            Last edited by Stojacanec; 01-30-2012, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Are you denying that Macedonians are ethnically, culturally, and linguistically Greek?
              I'm denying that most Greeks are ethnically, culturally, and linguistically Greek. Go figure.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Are you denying that Macedonians are ethnically, culturally, and linguistically Greek?
                Yes, by definition, Macedonians are Macedonian, not Greek. Macedonians and Greeks are two completely separate nations, why Greeks continue to confuse the two is beyond me...oh that's right, they are still trying to come up with ludicrous excuses to justify their invasion and occupation of southern Macedonia in 1913.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                X