Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old Yesterday, 06:09 AM   #1731
vicsinad

vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogi View Post
Vicsinad, on those assumptions and numbers, that would mean ~300k Albanians voted in the referendum.

That would mean the remaining 300k who voted are Macedonians, Vlachs, Turks, Bosnaks, Serbs, etc.

Or, 200k-250k ethnic Macedonians voted in the referendum.

Based on your assumption of 300k less than the actual electoral list, that would put the ethnic Macedonian population at just below 1.2M, or 1M adults.

So 75% of the ethnic Macedonians did not vote in the referendum.
Most ethnic Macedonians are clearly against this. But I believe there are enough for it that make the country roughly divided. I would venture to say -- given Macedonia's more likely voter roll list of 1.5 or 1.6 million -- that at least 45% of citizens support the referendum.

Quote:
In fact playing all the numbers out, the one thing that I see changed politically after the referendum, is that enough Albanians were activated and encouraged to vote that it is possible, for the first time, that the combined Albanian vote (Albanian bloc) is now the 2nd largest vote, where previous in terms of voting population it has generally been VMRO-DPMME, then SDSM, then the Albanian bloc. Now it looks like it is VMRO-DPMNE, then the Albanian bloc, then SDSM.
If this is the case, then it means DPNE may again have to try to form a coalition with the Albanian block if it wins the next election. Which means DPNE will probably have to give a little on the Tirana Platform.

I'm not so sure that SDS lost enough to be smaller than the combined Albanian vote. And I'm not so sure DPNE gained much more. With the rise of Levica and Edinstvena, I think the next elections may definitely shake things up.
vicsinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #1732
Spirit

Spirit is on a distinguished road

Read what this clown Sasko Lazarov has had to say
Here is the link

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/voic...82786-Oct2018/
Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03 AM   #1733
Stojacanec

Stojacanec is on a distinguished road

It is sad to know there are many people like Sasko that are born in Macedonia and are willing to sell off the country to its oppressors.

Sad and shameful on their behalf.
Stojacanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:13 AM   #1734
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Read what this clown Sasko Lazarov has had to say
Here is the link

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/voic...82786-Oct2018/
To be fair, he has a point. I mean he should have the point of a knife shoved in his throat.

Disgusting, especially for an Irish journal to journal to even publish something so opposed to sovereignty.
Old Today, 12:53 AM   #1735
VMRO

VMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsinad View Post
Most ethnic Macedonians are clearly against this. But I believe there are enough for it that make the country roughly divided. I would venture to say -- given Macedonia's more likely voter roll list of 1.5 or 1.6 million -- that at least 45% of citizens support the referendum.

If this is the case, then it means DPNE may again have to try to form a coalition with the Albanian block if it wins the next election. Which means DPNE will probably have to give a little on the Tirana Platform.

I'm not so sure that SDS lost enough to be smaller than the combined Albanian vote. And I'm not so sure DPNE gained much more. With the rise of Levica and Edinstvena, I think the next elections may definitely shake things up.
I think depending on when elections are held can also play a large factor.

If elections are held in November or December, might be difficult for the Albanian parties organizing their voting buses from Western Europe to make the trek.

If early elections are called and they're either late 2018 or Early 2019, be sure that DUI and the other Albanian parties from Macedonia will be dead set against early elections.

The above factor has been one of the biggest reasons why a census has not occurred. The Albanians have always demanded that they want the census to be roughly around the time (Summer) when their diaspora voters are in the country enjoying their Vikendici. It was for this primary reason a census date could not be reached with DPNE.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Last edited by VMRO; Today at 12:56 AM.
VMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:21 AM   #1736
Pelagonija

Pelagonija is on a distinguished road

Macedonians outside of parliament protesting against the identity change. A forgone conclusion.

Last edited by Pelagonija; Today at 04:25 AM.
Pelagonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:07 AM   #1737
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

If it happens and the people of Macedonia don't revolt, then they for what they wanted or deserved. Simple really.