• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikail
    • Sep 2008

Bapchor, Kostur

с. Бапчор - Костур - Македонија
    с. Бапчор - Костур - Егејска Македонија - YouTube
    Last edited by Mikail; 08-16-2011, 09:57 AM.
    From the village of Ppezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"
  • Mikail
    • Sep 2008

Pesna Za Bapchor
    Pesna Za Bapchor - YouTube
    From the village of Ppezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Mikail
      • Sep 2008

Чупче од онака | Chupche od onaka : Kostur (Aegean) Region

A traditional song from the village Bapchor, Kostur, Aegean/Belomorie Region.
      Performed by students of the State Music School Center "Ilija Nikolovski Luj" Skopje.

Традиционална песна од с. Бапчор, Костурско (Беломорска Македонија) во исполнение на учениците од ДМБУЦ "Илија Николовски Луј" Скопје.

костурска беломорска носија / kosturska belomorska nosija / kostur belomorie traditional costumes

Чупче од онака | Chupche od onaka : Kostur (Aegean) Region - YouTube

Comment

• Mikail
        • Sep 2008

Macedonian Folklore - Lele sl'nce, lele glava (Trio Gavrovski)

Another traditional song from Bapchor

Macedonian Folklore - Lele sl'nce, lele glava (Trio Gavrovski) - YouTube

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

mikhail goodon you for posting these videos all very intersting.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Mikail
            • Sep 2008

Thanks George S.

Bapchor is a village that was destroyed by the Greeks and the people forced to flee because they believed in fighting for a free Macedonia. It had more than 1000 residents at the time the Greek army came in and destroyed everything.

These stories need to be told

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
              Thanks George S.

Bapchor is a village that was destroyed by the Greeks and the people forced to flee because they believed in fighting for a free Macedonia. It had more than 1000 residents at the time the Greek army came in and destroyed everything.

These stories need to be told
              Mik
              These stories do need to be told! The more the better - and then we'll see about accountability later!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Mikail
                • Sep 2008

Precisely Makedonche. I got the song about Bapchor on a CD I bought at the Ilinden festival last year. The song itself tells a fantastic story about the village.

Searching for more information about Bapchor I cam across lost of people who's family originates from Bapchor and they are looking for relatives who have been lost.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

i think there could be a lot of people from babchor living in canada.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Mikail
                    • Sep 2008

Probably George, there are a lot of Kosturtsi in Canada

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Bapchor Then, Bapchor Now

By Lita Grakini
                      printable version

I recently went to Europe including all four parts of Macedonia as well as Turkey, Denmark and Greece. On my passport my place of birth says Bapchor, therefore I entered Greece from an EU country. Later as I was in the Kostur/ Lerin area and had intentions of going to the Republic of Macedonia, I saw no point in going the long way around through another EU country. As a result we arranged for a cab driver to take us through the border and then to Bitola. This should have been easy enough, but not so.

At the border, the cab driver took my and my partner's passports to the Greek border control officers. During this process we waited in the cab for a long time and saw the cab driver conversing with the border control personnel, in a very animated way. Tired and apprehensive while sitting in the cab, we were aware of my situation - meaning that as I was born in the Greek occupied part of Macedonia, no doubt it was my passport which was taking such a long time. Eventually the cab driver, himself a Macedonian, returned to us. He said that he could not talk the border control into letting me go through, even after he told them that my village has no inhabitants now. Instead the cab driver was told to have me go to the window, as they wanted to see me.

To cut a long story short, they were interested as to how I got into the country. I was informed that in future I will not be allowed back in unless I changed the name of my place of birth on my passport, to something unintelligible to me, the Greek name. Therefore they wanted me to falsify my Australian passport, to suit their egos and paranoia. I know the “new” imposed Greek name of the village, but it is offensive to me and I choose not to use it.

The village has not had anyone living in it since the period of the Civil War. We lost our orchards, barns, animals, homes, way of life and village. As did the other Bapchorians. Most importantly we lost a generation of young beautiful people in this war. We who survived became destitute. Some went to other villages to survive as best as they could. Many children from the village were sent to neighbouring countries to grow up in children’s homes, away from their parents and families.

My father was killed in the war when I was under two years old. I visited my birthplace, which was not easily accessible and personally saw the village ruins. There was evidence of bears there and perhaps there may be wolves and other animals which roam about, but that is all. Even the village ruins have crumbled to such an extent that they are almost completely overgrown by shrubs. Yet the Greeks have the indecency to be wielding their power over the name of the village. This is indecent, almost sacrilegious; it is like robbing a mass grave of the inhabitants of the village. A bit of our soul will always be there. Someone’s place of birth is a very powerful thing and the name of the birthplace very important. Bapchor is a place in which so much Macedonian blood has been spilled and so many dreams and futures destroyed. I was too young to remember the village well when I was an infant. However it was Bapchor when I had to leave it and as far as I am concerned, it is Bapchor now.

What a stupid thing the Greek border control people did. I am not a criminal to be targeted like this, nor wanted by Interpol, but a respected professional woman of mature age. Perhaps it was just as well the cab driver dealt with most of this confrontation with the border control officers, as I would have gotten very angry. I was already very tired from my trip from Kostur to Lerin and had to deal with a lot of emotional experiences, the border control difficulty was the last straw.

When the two border controllers saw me I do not know what they made of my fair complexion and blue eyes. I could see them studying my face. I was relieved that they did not call me Greek, that would have been the ultimate insult. Surely these people know the history and know that we are Macedonians - they could not be that ignorant. No doubt they choose to believe what they want to, even if it is not the truth. What a burden we Macedonians have to carry. I urge especially second and third generation young people of Macedonian origin to visit their parents’ birthplace. It is an eye opening experience and well worthwhile.
                      from politikon publications website
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

so sad, its heartbreaking, the cultural and ethnic committed amongst the Macedonians of Aegean Macedonia, my beautiful people
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

hey julie will you be heading to babchor on your travels.Whil'st youre there maybe liberate the place.You will be instant heroine.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

Unfortunately no, have time restrictions. In Bitola and loving it. Just got back from Krushevo and mechkin kamen , saw my beloved vujce and vujna today and dinner with my beloved 1st cousin Mira tomorrow night after Heraclea. Its been non stop emotional experiences. Off to Dolno Kotori, Voden and hopefully Pella next 3 days on day trips and then Turkey for a week Tuesday before our final few days in Ohrid and Skopje. To see everything , one really needs more time, am happy with how much we have already seen. In Ohrid went sveti naum, st kliment, samuils fortress, st jovan bigorski, saw struga, resen, its been wonderful but am exhausted and fatigued. Very emotional experience. To think am staying within a 30 km radius of both my parents and ancestral homes and blood line is mind blowing, and am so proud of my Macedonian heritage, I love it here and have never felt like I have come home more than I do right now
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                              • Apr 2014

Most Bapčorci today live in Australia and Canada. Not sure of where in Canada exactly but here in Australia they are concentrated primarily in Melbourne but there is also a large community in Perth.

Bapčor was one of the first places in the world to be napalmed, which occured in 1949 during the close of the Aegean War. The village remains uninhabitated to this day although very recently (last month) the local church of Sv. Georgi was restored and begun holding service. Though I don't know who exactly they're meant to be servicing, all those in attendances seemed to be from Kostur.
                              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
                              X