X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
    Ne, peeskata ushte ja nemam stignato...Fala Gospod. My birthday is in exactly 10 days and I've just about racked up 47 years. Don't get too smug Gocka, you'll be there too soon. Blink, and before you know it, you're fifty. It happens to the best of us. For what it's worth, I still feel like I'm in my 20's...Or maybe I'm just being delusional.
    Hahaha. I got the range down. I knew you weren't 50 yet, you don't give off that stale old man smell like another old man around here does. But the only way to draw someone out into confessing their real age is to over age them, then they gladly volunteer their real age .

Oh trust me I know. I just turned 30 and I swear I'm physically 15, that is until some young punk on the soccer field runs by me like I'm not moving. Then I realize that I was that punk not too long ago. There is an upside though, I'm smarter and much stronger than I was at 15, so now whenever possible I just knock them over before they can run past

Yea I have that to look forward to, well at least until about 50 I suppose, then its all down hill until death.

Comment

• Spirit
      • May 2015

Ne, peeskata ushte ja nemam stignato...Fala Gospod. My birthday is in exactly 10 days and I've just about racked up 47 years. Don't get too smug Gocka, you'll be there too soon. Blink, and before you know it, you're fifty. It happens to the best of us. For what it's worth, I still feel like I'm in my 20's...Or maybe I'm just being delusional.
      Karposh you would know my wife if you are 47, she is 47 as well, you might even be related

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
        Yea I have that to look forward to, well at least until about 50 I suppose, then its all down hill until death.
        I know a guy who uses a hotmail email address and would use something like [email protected] instead of a more truthful [email protected] . He is Greek, naturally.

Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c52WJdoh8fQ

Anyway, 50 is the new 30 for men.
        50 is 50 for women.

Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          Yet again I have a funny story, I swear I need to write a sitcom like Every body loves Raymond. "Everybody Loves Gocka".

So back before I was in the construction biz, my uncle had recently came to the USA from Macedonia and was looking for work. There was/is this big shot with a large construction company here in NJ, coincidentally his name is also Gotse (what can I say the name demands excellence). So this guy Gotse also has his own restaurant (most likely to launder money), but its also like a meeting place. Gotse had worked for my father back in the day so I was able to get a meeting between him and my uncle in hopes I could get him a job.

Me, my wife, my Uncle, and Aunt go to Gotse's restaurant to meet with Gotse. We go through the basic introductions, whats your name where are you from, etc etc. Right after that Gotse asks my uncle how old he is. My uncle at the time was 61, thinking he is clever my uncle says hes 54. Gotse being even more clever ask him "koja godina si"? My uncle being an old fart can't do the math that fast so he blurts out a year. 1964! That would have made him 52 not 54. Turns out Gotse was born in 1964 so he immediately calls him out on it. My uncle panics and says no I meant 1961, not he overshoots it by a year . My aunt grabs my wife's arm and drags her to the bathroom. In there shes like "pichkamu ta majchina, staro magarishte. Shto tuku lazit ko ne e sposoben. Ke go ubijam. Se napraj po mlad od mene!"

I think the guy felt bad for him because he still gave him a job.

As soon as I saw the chick in the video it reminded me of that.

50 is 50 for women.

Dan imash muva na kapata be chicho?

Comment

• Karposh
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            50 is 50 for women.
            Don't take this as a criticism RtG but I think you're the reason why feminism exists at all in this world (and, to a certain extent, lesbianism) with comments like that. LOL.

Comment

• Karposh
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
              Karposh you would know my wife if you are 47, she is 47 as well, you might even be related
              Could be Spirit. Send me a private message with the details. Who knows, it's a small world.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Don't take this as a criticism RtG but I think you're the reason why feminism exists at all in this world (and, to a certain extent, lesbianism) with comments like that. LOL.
                Actually, I saw Baldwin say that in a 30 Rock episode. Which means it was probably written by Tina Fey. Having said that, I do believe men grow into themselves and can often present far better as they get older. Women peak much earlier. A female client of mine made me laugh when she said a woman can only have an arse or a face by the time she is 50, she can't have both. If they are skinny with a great ass, they will have a wrinkly face. If they have a big ass, their face will be fuller with less wrinkles.

Women are far better than men when it comes to trash talking. Bless them.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Karposh
                  • Aug 2015

Men are definitely more secure about aging than women and don't have as many hang ups about it. Our guts may be hanging over our belts, our hairlines quickly disappearing, unwanted hair growing out of places it shouldn't be but, damn it, we still look at ourselves in the mirror before leaving home and think "Fuck I look good" and strut off away assuming we still have a chance with the new 20-year old recruit at work.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                    • Jul 2012

Yes Dihovo is a very pretty village on the foot of Mt. Pelister. I remember how, each summer, a bunch of us kids from my village, Brusnik, would make the half hour trek to neighbouring Dihovo and cool off in its rock pools and mini waterfalls above the village, which are filled by the freezing cold and pristine clear Pelister waters of the Dragor river. Unfortunately, by the time the Dragor snakes it's way through Bitola, it is no longer so pristine with local textile industry dumping their nasty chemicals straight into it. Not sure if they still do that these days. Maybe they've grown a conscience and introduced a few environmental laws, now that they are aspiring to be a part of the European Union.
                    I really liked it, we didn't get to eat at Villa Dihovo as apparently you have to call and book beforehand, but sat down for a drink. The lady was extremely friendly and I would go back there even just to see her again and have a drink. Crazy how you drive 5-10 mins to the outskirts of Bitola/ close villages and the air is so much nicer. I was sneezing so much in Bitola, especially the first few weeks. Selo Lavci close to Bitola on the mountain was also a nice village to visit, went there by chance to try and get a nice view of Bitola. We asked a family if we could take a photo from one of their balconies as the view was better and ended up sitting down for a drink with them for an hour. It felt like such a Macedonian thing to happen.

I'm turning 21 in a couple of weeks
                    You had me for a second, couldn't believe there was someone here younger than me haha
                    Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 07-26-2019, 07:51 AM.
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Gocka
                      • Dec 2012

Ill be taking off in a few hours so my next updates will be from black hole itself.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                        Ill be taking off in a few hours so my next updates will be from black hole itself.
                        Looking forward to hearing about your experiences Gocka.
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                          • Jul 2012

I visited Struga for the first time on my recent trip to Macedonia.

Although I had heard that it was a mixed town, I didn’t quite expect there to be as many Albanians as I thought I saw. With Albanian music playing at some point down the main street, a stall selling Albanian merchandise and constantly hearing people speak Albanian, I couldn’t believe how significant their presence was. I wore my Macedonia jacket the first day we went to Struga and copped quite a few stares from the Albanians sitting in the cafes, I hope they liked it!

The people we were with were telling us that a lot of the Albanians that we saw were there for the summer from other European countries, which probably made their number in Struga look bigger than it actually is. According to them the city is 50-50 or even 60/40 in favour of the Macedonians, but in the surrounding villages Albanian numbers are higher.

There was some very nice Macedonian owned places that I went to in Struga as well though. Sveti Nikola restaurant on the riverside was great, we had a nice traditional Macedonian dinner there and the location was great right next to the Drim. Another one was Riben Restoran Riviera more towards the outskirts of Struga where I tried fish chorba for the first time and loved it!

I also visited Kalista monastery which was the highlight of Struga for me, its one of the villages close to the town. For anyone that hasn’t been it’s a little complex of Churches and Restaurants with its crown jewel the 14th century Cave Church which I found incredible as I have never visited anything like it before. I would definitely go back there again, I found the place really fascinating and would highly recommend a visit.

Struga itself is a beautiful town, I found the part where you have cafes and restaurants by the Black Drim especially great and was even nicer than anything riverside I saw in Skopje. While I was there I was thinking of how many amazing places there are on the Western side of Macedonia near the border and it depressed me even thinking about one day losing them to those Shiptari. Honestly from Struga, Ohrid, Sveti Naum, Kalista, Mavrovo, Vevcani, Sveti Jovan Bigorski, Lazaropole e.t.c that part of Macedonia has some of the most amazing places and it would be absolutely tragic for our people to lose them along with how much we have already lost. We can only pray that we don’t.

Comment

• Stevce
                            • Jan 2016

Only 10% of Heraclea has been excavated. Much like Macedonia's other archaeological sites they dig a bit and stop. Any other country would excavate the whole thing and turn it into a major tourist attraction.

Comment

• Niko777
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Stevce View Post
                              Only 10% of Heraclea has been excavated. Much like Macedonia's other archaeological sites they dig a bit and stop. Any other country would excavate the whole thing and turn it into a major tourist attraction.
                              Better they don't. If they do, they will just end up selling the findings on the black market.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Stevce View Post
                                is that really true? I was wondering about that when I visited, thought that surely there was more. I also visited the Ancient Macedonian remains of Styberra at Cepigovo near my parents villages, not sure if I completely missed the path but there wasn’t any easy access from where I went in from. I can almost guarantee that there is a lot more to be discovered at this sight, but similarly like you said with Hereklea they dig a little and stop.

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                                Better they don't. If they do, they will just end up selling the findings on the black market.
                                Can’t stand that honestly, they belong in museums not sold to the highest bidder. I wonder how many things of importance have been sold.
                                Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 08-09-2019, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X