X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

George, all you need to do is look at Rome. Romans knew Greek and used Greek, but at the same time we all know that they used Latin and worshipped Roman Gods and had Roman traditions. Show me something simlilar.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

We seem to agree voltron but agamoi doesn't so in ancient times speaking greek doesnot make one greek.
      Last edited by George S.; 02-16-2011, 03:17 PM.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
        Who were his guides ? The Hunza's ? Seriously has this guy stepped foot in either Greece or Macedonia ?

This guy dropped out of Latin because he didnt like the syntax for pete's sake. It might be a good read but thats about it.
        Yes he has.
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Agamoi Thytai View Post
          Philip Freeman is a classic scholar who apparently lacks even basic linguistic knowledge which one who writes books on the ancient Macedonian language should have.Otherwise he is just lying.Let me explain:He claims ancient Macedonians couldn't pronounce properly the "Greek sounds" because they said "ΒΙΛΙΠΠΟΣ","ΞΑΝΔΟΣ" and "ΓΑΙΤΕΑΣ" instead of "proper Greek" ΦΙΛΙΠΠΟΣ,ΞΑΝΘΟΣ and ΧΑΙΤΕΑΣ,i.e the known Macedonian habbit to turn in some words voiceless aspirate consonants of standard Greek Φ,Θ and Χ to voiced stops Β,Δ and Γ.Had Mr. Freeman bothered himself with studying the Macedonian words that are recorded by ancient lexicographers like Hesychius,Amerias e.t.c,he would have known that these consonants were not unknown to Macedonian phonology and they could indeed pronounce them.Few examples that expose Mr. Freemans ignorance,i.e. Macedonian words containing the consonants Φ,Θ and Χ,which Macedonians "could not pronounce because they were Greek" according to Mr. Freeman:

1)The Macedonian word ἀρφύς (synonymous with Attic ἱμάς,i.e. "cestus")

2)The Macedonian word Ἠμαθίη,the first name of Macedonia.

3)The Macedonian word θούριδες,synonymous with Attic νύμφαι and Μοῦσαι,i.e. "brides","Muse".

4)The Macedonian word χάρων,synonymous with Attic λέων,i.e. "lion"

And because i know you will question the reliability of a wikipedia article,here is this word in Hesychius lexicon (right column,15th word) :
          http://books.google.com/books?id=Gp1fAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA1035
          I betcha Freeman is really a Skopian paid agent. I better inform Stohos before he writes another lying abomination about the Macedonians

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

TM what's the point in arguing unless you crank up your time machine these people aren't going to beleive because they been brainwashed.
            Last edited by George S.; 02-16-2011, 04:15 PM. Reason: ed
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
              TM what's the point in arguing unless you crank up your time machine these people aren't going to beleive because they been brainwashed.
              I know George. I won't be going in circles with these people. Their recent history exposes plenty of inconsistencies with Macedonia.

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

TM, thank you for finding this source.
                Are there more interesting facts in that book?
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                  TM, thank you for finding this source.
                  Are there more interesting facts in that book?
                  I will post more in the days to come.

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                    Who were his guides ? The Hunza's ? Seriously has this guy stepped foot in either Greece or Macedonia ?

This guy dropped out of Latin because he didnt like the syntax for pete's sake. It might be a good read but thats about it.
                    Why are you adamant on discrediting the man?

Do you think the same of Victor Friedman?

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                      I will post more in the days to come.
                      Good to hear....
                      The book looks like it is worth buying.

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Agamoi Thytai View Post
                        It's Arrian's "Indica":

It is well-known that in the Indian campaign took part only Macedonian troops because Alexander had already dismissed his Greek allies.

That passage of Arrian shows that it was not only the nobility,common Macedonian soldiers spoke Greek too.And if it is not enough to convince you,read also this passage of Plutarch:

When Lasthenes, as ambassador of Olynthus, called on Philip II of Macedon, he remarked that on his way to the palace he'd heard the Macedonians refer to him (Lasthenes) as a traitor. Philip replied, "Ay, these Macedonians are a blunt people who call figs 'figs' and a spade a 'spade.'"

Lasthenes was a Greek from Olynthus who had helped Philip to conquer the town.If Macedonians didn't speak Greek how could he understand them calling him "traitor"?
                        Agamoi

More ridiculous references? Arrian????
                        " Arrians book was a self-confessed re-working of extant material, selected and arranged according to his own predelictions. It acts as a filter. The relatively vast spectrum of literature in his day was trimmed by deliberate limitation of sources, and those chosen sources were selectively deployed to present the picture which Arian thought did most justice to his hero." - A.B. Bosworth, From Arrian to Alexander: studies in historical interpretation.
                        Wasn't he alive 2-300 years after Alexander died? Is this another of your credible sources?
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

You know the texts were written hundreds of years if not a 1000 years after the event the practice of greeks is they can make or say anything it wants because years ago they were on a literary crusade to omit anythin proving macedonia existed seperately.Nowdays they are eager to promote macedonian if it shows it's greek.But if you analyse the greeks 100 years ago we can prove they are nothing & they got nothing in common with the macedonians.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                            You know the texts were written hundreds of years if not a 1000 years after the event the practice of greeks is they can make or say anything it wants because years ago they were on a literary crusade to omit anythin proving macedonia existed seperately.Nowdays they are eager to promote macedonian if it shows it's greek.But if you analyse the greeks 100 years ago we can prove they are nothing & they got nothing in common with the macedonians.
                            George S.
                            Theyr'e just wannabee macedonians, shit 15-20 years ago you would get locked up in northern greece for even mentioning macedonian, now they all want to claim they are macedonian! - sorry wannabees it's not that easy to be macedonian- unlike Greeks where all it takes is if you feel greek then you must be greek! The biggest wanker of all of them claiming to be Macedonian is that dipshit Droutsas the foreign minister or whatever he does. Born in Nicosia Cyprus - and he's Macedonian...yeah and pigs fly! Even Cyprians are embaressed to call themselves Greek, but this tosser thinks he's both Greek and Macedonian......another wannabee of gigantic proportions!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Agamoi Thytai
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                              George S.
                              Theyr'e just wannabee macedonians, shit 15-20 years ago you would get locked up in northern greece for even mentioning macedonian, now they all want to claim they are macedonian! - sorry wannabees it's not that easy to be macedonian- unlike Greeks where all it takes is if you feel greek then you must be greek!
                              I can show you recorded cases of Greeks from Macedonia self-identifying as "Macedonians" in regional sense from 1908 or even 1838.
                              "What high honour do the Macedonians deserve, who throughout nearly their whole lives are ceaselessly engaged in a struggle with the barbarians for the safety of the Greeks?"
                              Polybius, Histories, 9.35

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

I can show you more.
                                Except by Macedonians this time.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X