X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Vale Chris Cornell

Sad to read the passing of Chris Cornell the other night.

Loved his work with Audioslave...great powerful voice, kept me entertained on some lengthy international flights and sitting around in departure lounges in a few shitholes...

RIP.
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Chris Cornell covers Prince's "Nothing Compares 2 U" for Lithium. Watch more exclusive covers: https://siriusxm.us/ExclusiveCoversLithium is the destination ...

Very sad to learn of the loss to the world AND the nature of his death. A real talent.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Daughter might carry the torch.
      She definitely has something from Dad:

Half Greek by the look of things.
      Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUDRU9-HRk

Very sad to learn of the loss to the world AND the nature of his death. A real talent.
        ...what a beautiful version of such a great song.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

...one of my favourite songs of all time.

The power in his voice and the emotion that he brings with it...chilling.

Official Video for ”Like A Stone” by AudioslaveListen to Audioslave: https://Audioslave.lnk.to/listenYDSubscribe to the official Audioslave YouTube channel: ...

Turned out to be quite prophetic for the poor bloke.
          Last edited by Phoenix; 05-19-2017, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Just one more to highlight this guys unique talent...

Anyone taking on a Prince or Michael Jackson classic has got balls but to pull it off with your own stamp blazoned across it whilst maintaining total respect to the original can only be pure talent...

Rest in peace Chris. 05/17/17Spotify playlist honoring Chris: https://tinyurl.com/RIPChrisC17th of May 2017, Cornell, at the age of 52, was in Detroit perfor...

Comment

• DraganOfStip
              • Aug 2011

Black Hole Sun was a great influence on me in my puberty period, I was amazed by the music video because at the time it was unlike anything I'd ever seen on TV.
              His work in Audioslave with the former members of Rage Against The Machine was the last cry of quality rock music out there.
              Another amazing vocal leaving this world too soon.
              RIP
              ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
              ― George Orwell

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                • Oct 2011

RIP, great singer, in two standout bands, Soundgarden and Audioslave, no less

I guess grunge has a habit of adding vocalist’s to the list:

- Kurt Cobain

- Layne Staley

- Scott Weiland

- Chris Cornell
                “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post

- Kurt Cobain

- Layne Staley

- Scott Weiland

- Chris Cornell
                  Now would be a good time to pronounce Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam as an endangered species and assign some protection to him...
                  ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                    Now would be a good time to pronounce Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam as an endangered species and assign some protection to him...
                    Indeed, don't think he would be overly surprised to find his life insurance premium has shot through the roof
                    “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                      Just one more to highlight this guys unique talent...

Anyone taking on a Prince or Michael Jackson classic has got balls but to pull it off with your own stamp blazoned across it whilst maintaining total respect to the original can only be pure talent...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2MgwAJrfXo
                      Yeah, I heard that for the first time this morning. So moving.
                      Honestly, unbelievable voice. Tearing it apart with just an acoustic. Amazing.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

RIP, great singer, in two standout bands, Soundgarden and Audioslave, no less

- Kurt Cobain

- Layne Staley

- Scott Weiland

- Chris Cornell
                        TM, glad you mentioned Layne Staley...

What a song...still love it...

Watch the official music video for “Would?” by Alice In ChainsListen to Alice In Chains: https://aliceinchains.lnk.to/listenYD Subscribe to the official Alic...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Many of these guys came off a diet of the best of 70's rock. They arguably represent the best distillate of rock we may ever see.

There is still hope nowadays, but not in places we expect to see it I guess. This young guy is great (not necessarily rock though) King Krule
                          King Krule is the alias of 19-year-old wunderkind Archy Marshall. KCRW DJs are incredibly excited about this UK artist and his new album "6 Feet Beneath the ...

And this guy is so creative it hurts and thrills me to watch (Ludwig Göransson)
                          Childish Gambino’s “Redbone,” the second single off of his 'Awaken, My Love!' album, centers on the narrative of infidelity and paranoia. The track got a pro...

Good music still around. It will always be around.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            TM, glad you mentioned Layne Staley...

What a song...still love it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nco_kh8xJDs
                            Well I guess it would be appropriate to put one of Scott's on here as well then... totally dig this one

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                              • Aug 2011

Well I guess it would be appropriate to put one of Scott's on here as well then... totally dig this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fuqZFBTP0I
                              And not wanting to leave out Kurt...

REMASTERED IN HD!Taken from the 25th Anniversary Editions of Nirvana – MTV Unplugged in New YorkOrder Now: https://Nirvana.lnk.to/Unplugged25Read the story b...
                              ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X