Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 05-12-2017, 06:11 AM   #21
Bill77

Bill77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraganOfStip View Post
This is not Zajko's personal FB profile.
It's another of those fan-made public figure profiles where the sympathizers publish daily propaganda favoring their idol.
In this case, probably people that Zajko's promised to give state jobs when he assumes power.
I thought so.... Though I would not have been surprised if it was him. There are people with mental disorders on both sides.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:48 AM   #22
Pelagonija

Pelagonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
If I can find anything amusing about the current situation in Macedonia.....
Is Greece's dilemma. They worked so hard to get SDSM in power, now they would be nervous they might actually have to deliver.

But that's where the humour ends. God help us because I can see things may well end in Macedonia formally joining NATO where rubber spined Zaev signs off on whatever name Greece gives him. Greece will not hesitate to take this opportunity to once and for all, completely eliminate (which there would be never turning back) any reference of the word Macedonia. And as an extra reward for Greece..... It will be twisted so Greece will come out looking like the peace maker, a tolerant nation.

On a side note....."Ednas majka junak ragja" lol
It can be argued Gruevski should go to jail..... But there is no argument what so ever Zaev neds to be in a mental institution, even if it wasn't him personally that posted this.

And looking at the comments section...... It's jaw dropping to see just how many Albanians commenting and applauding this post of his on Facebook. It's absolutely sickening.
You should check out the SDSM Facebook profile.. bloody chockers with supportive Albs..
Pelagonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:27 AM   #23
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Dragan,

Does the Macedonian curriculum have civics classes part of it today?

As a kid I don't ever remember being taught civic. We had religion and history, but never anything teaching us about how government works and the constitution.

Most Macedonians are completely oblivious to how a democracy works. I can't count the amount of times I have heard, "what do you care, the government pays for it", from Macedonians. In the USA people are pretty ignorant about the fine details, but most people grasp the simple fact that the government has no money, that is your money.

That's why Macedonians are still so in love with communism, they still can't understand that whatever benefits they got, were somehow paid for by them, or their fellow countrymen, or in the case of loans being taken out, again those loans are the burden of the citizens to repay.

The see the government ass some shadow organization that descended from the heavens. Everything a government does is disconnected from reality.

Honestly some basic civics knowledge could propel Macedonia upward several notches.
Gocka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #24
DraganOfStip

DraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Dragan,

Does the Macedonian curriculum have civics classes part of it today?

As a kid I don't ever remember being taught civic. We had religion and history, but never anything teaching us about how government works and the constitution.

Most Macedonians are completely oblivious to how a democracy works. I can't count the amount of times I have heard, "what do you care, the government pays for it", from Macedonians. In the USA people are pretty ignorant about the fine details, but most people grasp the simple fact that the government has no money, that is your money.

That's why Macedonians are still so in love with communism, they still can't understand that whatever benefits they got, were somehow paid for by them, or their fellow countrymen, or in the case of loans being taken out, again those loans are the burden of the citizens to repay.

The see the government ass some shadow organization that descended from the heavens. Everything a government does is disconnected from reality.

Honestly some basic civics knowledge could propel Macedonia upward several notches.
The curriculum has a subject called Society (Oпштество) which is the closest thing to civic but far from it's core and what it's supposed to be taught.
It teaches kids about culture, a citizen's place in the society, general things about living surroundings and social aspects of modern times, but that's as close as it gets.
I have even posted examples here of how kids are being taught to be obedient and respect authority (specifically government), which is a clear attempt to shape them into servile and non-resistant zombies. There were many complaints about this and I don't know if it's omitted in new editions of the schoolbook as a result.