X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Macedonian bloody wedding from 1900!

Here is the front page of his play "Makedonska Krvava Svadba"(Macedonian Bloody Wedding) please notice that this play is written in the Macedonian language, and this long before Tito "made it up". It is from a crucial time, 1900 to be exact.

Here is some information on the author of this play:
    Vojdan Pop Georgiev-Chernodrinski, was born in 1875 in the village Selce, located half way betwen Struga and Debar. The beginnings of the Macedonian theatre and Macedonian drama literature are connected with the name and the work of Jordan Hadzi Konstantinov - Dzinot, but the Macedonian drama art from that period is mostly connected with the name of Vojdan Pop Georgiev-Chernodrinski.

Almost each of his screenplays treats the problem of the life and struggle of the Macedonian nation for freedom. Vojdan Chernodrinski encouraged the spirit of the Macedonians and suggested the idea that the time for showdown with the declining Ottoman Empire had come. In fact, that is how he supported the activities and actions undertaken for preparation of a future uprising in Macedonia, making the foreign observers sympathize with the Macedonian nation. Through his work, Chernodrinski and his theatre group, the Young Macedonian Company, carried out an important dramatic and national mission.

Chernodrinski wrote several plays: "Zlo za zlo" (Evil for Evil) in 1903, The Slave and the agha (1902), "Majstor" (The Cratfsmen), "Od glavata si patime" (From our head we suffer), "Duhot na slobodata" (The spirit of the freedom), "Srekja" (Fortune). His most famous play is the tragedy "Makedonska krvava svadba" (Macedonian bloody Wedding) performed for the first time on the 7th of November 1900 among the Macedonian emigration in Sophia, Bulgaria. This play is still included in the current repertoires of today’s Macedonian theatres. Chernodrinski was also the founder of numerous theatre troupes in the period from 1894 to 1943.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

Haha indeed hawke eye you are Daskale!

It's so damn simply sometimes

Pozdrav
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

Cover of the first edition "Macedonian Blood Wedding"

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
        Haha indeed hawke eye you are Daskale!

It's so damn simply sometimes

Pozdrav
        Why make it difficult when it is quite easy....

Thank you for the cover of the first edition.

Pozdrav batka

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Bump for good measure

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Does anyone know what's the earliest film around??
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Po-drum
              • Mar 2009

According to the bulgarian propagandistic view говор doesn't have the same meaning as јазик.
              Macedonia - my shoulders from ruins and skies

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
                • Sep 2008

I actually do think govor means dialect rather than lanuage in blgarian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by slovenec zrinski View Post
                  Both 'govor' and 'narechie' could mean 'dialect' or 'speech', but the use of 'jazik' may have been limited given that at the time Macedonian had no official status as a language of state, politics, liturgy or education (aside from its common but mostly unofficial use in local schools and churches). The below example from Prlichev is interesting, where the Macedonian 'dialect' or 'speech' is considered the 'mother tongue'.

Често разправяхме на учениците и на родителите им (но не всем) колко е труден елинский и колко по-сладко и по-лесно е да се учат на майчин си язик. Много псалми, преведени на македонско наречие, се четеха по църквите и вдъхваха свещен ужас на християните.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by slovenec zrinski View Post

As there is a wider concept - Macedonian speech(govor), there is also a Bulgarian speech(govor) and the both are related to their languages​.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

I checked both .THe bulgarian is the narrow version & the macedonia seems to have a wider view & presents a number of variations with same meaning.I wonder what that means.
                      Also some people say that the bulgarian language is a derivation from the macedonian.But others see it as bulgarian who is right.?
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                        • Apr 2014

Many Macedonian authors were able to get their material published in Bulgaria and Serbia by passing them off as "dialect works".
                        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                          • Apr 2014

Anyone know about Bulgarian claims Černodrinski supported Mihajlov and referred to the Macedonians as "Bulgarians" in some of his work?
                          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
                          X