The first President of Greece was an Albanian, 1824!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

The first President of Greece was an Albanian, 1824!

Title page.

Page 30.

Source: History of the Greek Revolution By George Finlay, Published by W. Blackwood and sons, 1861, page 30.

The first President of Greece was an Albanian who could not speak a word of modern Greek. Why is that so?

Why is not George Konduriottes mentioned over at Wikipedia as a President of Greece?
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Early in the morning Spongebob Squarepants is on TV and at the same time I read about the beginnings of modern Greece. I am not sure which story I should believe more. At least Spongebob is consistent.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Spongebob should be the new Hellenic guru in Greece, he would do much good.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

That's a good source Daskalot Finlay witnessed the "greek" revolution himself. You prompted me to post what the biggest 20th century philhellene said about the Albanians. Nicholas Hammond.

-So if we read closely Hammond states that the Albanians he spent time with in modern "greece" still spoke Albanian and have spoken Albanian since teh 14th century.

-That the supposed "greeks" in Epirus were actually Slavs.

-That the Albanians only called themselves "greek" because they lived on the land which eliminates the myth of cultural continuity that is called 'hellenism'. This is interesting because todays Frankengreek uses language as the ultimate basis for culture and obviously this is not the case in all parts of modern "greece" pre-megali idea.

-And that the Albanians ultimately pushed out the Turks in modern "greece".

Fate is strange. They love throwing around Borza's 'Macedonian Redux' in how Borza states that Macedonians only became Macedonian in the 20th century (which is utterly un-true). Yet their hero, the 20th century philhellene, who claims that the ancient Macedonians were "greek" destroys their myth of continuity. Seeing as this book also deals with "Greece New & Old" it is interesting that Hammond chose to write about the Albanians and then the Vlachs.
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Great stuff TM, I really do not understand that these people can call themselves Greek when they are in fact Greek nothing when you just scratch the surface......

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

I think these Frankengreeks are in a dreamland. Fallmerayer was right about them. They are nothing more than the barbaric descendants of Albanians, Vlachs, Slavs, Turks and who knows what else. Ethnicity based on Customs, Culture, History, and maybe language is one thing. But claiming one that stretches back to ancient times unbroken is just downright false.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Meanwhile in Epirus the Greek-speaking peoples were holding out Ioannina and on the Pindus; but they only held out by inviting the first Turks to help them in 1380. By 1430-40 the Turks had captured Ioannina themselves.
              Just as they invited the Romans centuries before.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• osiris
                • Sep 2008

so if they were speaking albanian in the 1930 thats 100 years after the establsihment of neo hellas imagine how many actually would have spoken greek a hundred years before othos arrival. actually there are still old people in those areas whose firts language was albanian. i find it interesting that hammond also says that whne the arrived in the peloponese the greek speaking ingabitnats of the area were most likely slavs.

what a joke the neo hellenic nation is and how preposterous its claim of continuity with periclean hellas. dont these people have any sense of shame how can they maintain their stand when every historian including their most ardent supporters expose their non hellenic roots with every book they write.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

DrVosi what are your thoughts?

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Vosi, ushte vosi... mozhe pojde vo Tirana.... koj znaj samo toj.....

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

Thank you Bobo87mk

YouTube - Exposing Greek lies and propaganda - NICHOLAS HAMMOND ABOUT THE MODERN "GREEKS"

Bobo87mk has done recent yotube videos of material he reads on forums like MacedonianTruth. Thank you for helping us spread the truth Bobo

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Bump.

Cheers.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

that was a good bump SoM, the Greeks have a hard time accepting their Albanian President.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Yeah, a very good bump.
                            Why are Greeks afforded such latitude with their identity when the Macedonians never gave up their language for a guaranteed 1500 years?

Greeks want to talk about Hellenic texts found in modern Iran, the brilliance of the Hellenes, the direct descent from the ancient Hellenes and we cannot even question why they all spoke another language 200 years ago.

I genuinely hope Greece can wake from this slumber. Greece deserves a place in history but it needs to be realistic about its modern significance.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Albanians, Greeks, Albanians, Greeks, etc

Comment

Working...
                              X