• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

United States wanted Macedonia independent back in 1783

United States wanted Macedonia independent back in 1783

April 13, 2012

John Adams, one of US founding fathers, in a statement written back on July 14th, 1783 to the first US State Secretary Robert Livingston, clearly stated he wanted to see Macedonia as well as Greece independent from Ottoman rule.

Unfortunately for some Balkan nations (including Macedonia), it was the French, Prussians (Germany) who decided who gets independence.

The US president was well aware of the French and the Germans pushing their own agendas on the Balkans.

Adams then went on to describe the Greeks as people... 230 years later they are still described in the same way, “corrupted in their morals to such a degree, as to be a faithless, perfidious race, destitute of courage...” Ouch!

Source: Macedoniaonline.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

I find this hard to believe
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
    X